You may as well get your password wrong 10 times first. See if the full security reset sorts it out.
    09-25-14 01:45 PM
    Is the keypad as noisy as it sounds on that video?
    09-25-14 01:47 PM
    OP, sorry to read that... Will the Passport have an issued Keyboard like the Q10?? I thought they solved that???

Now an idea for you as a solution...
    Doesn't swipe down call the virtual keyboard?

I saw a presentation where some one swiped down, gesture having poppend up the virtual (numbers/seldom character) keyboard... Can you switch into lettes then?

Oh man, I would not want this happen to me... I am so sorry for you!

Please keep us informed!
    (considering to stick with my Q10 now!!)

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-25-14 01:51 PM
    @ Bla1ze

Did you read this??
    Any known issue?
    Are you still in Toronto/in contact with the BB-Team/officials?

Can you help the OP??

It can't be! How is this possible?? So much waiting then this!?

He should get his Passport replaced!

09-25-14 01:54 PM
    OP, sorry to read that... Will the Passport have an issued Keyboard like the Q10?? I thought they solved that???

Now an idea for you as a solution...
    Doesn't swipe down call the virtual keyboard?

I saw a presentation where some one swiped down, gesture having poppend up the virtual (numbers/seldom character) keyboard... Can you switch into lettes then?

Oh man, I would not want this happen to me... I am so sorry for you!

Please keep us informed!
    (considering to stick with my Q10 now!!)

Right let's not get carried away shall we??, so far this is the first instance of a passport that has gone wrong. Until more turn up, which I hope doesn't happen then let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-25-14 01:56 PM
    @ Bla1ze

Did you read this??
    Any known issue?
    Are you still in Toronto/in contact with the BB-Team/officials?

The phone has been out for only a day - having a percentage of devices, mobile or otherwise, falling within a acceptable failure rate doesn't constitute a know flaw or design failure. It will take some time before that can be determined.

In the end, its sucks for the OP but in no way does his circumstances reflect a botched launch, or a "know failure".
    09-25-14 02:00 PM
    Think I'm just gonna return it to store tomorrow. Called the store they weren't helpful. Something about only one person selling the device and she's stand alone sales, it's apparently nothing to do with Selfridges. As the lady wasn't there they've said they'd take my call and come back to me either tonight or tomorrow. But I plan to go tomorrow morning so just gonna go straight there and see what's what. Hopefully just get an exchange.
    I've seen some other people suggest it, and it's probably not a bad idea since you plan to return the device anyway, either enter the password wrong however many times you have it set for and let the device wipe itself or wipe it via Link or BlackBerry Protect
    Since it was working originally and you did install things etc, which was why I asked if you were installing anything or recently installed something because maybe that app is causing the problem.
    At least with a wiped device it's like new, so it would definitely be easier to tell if it really is the hardware failing or if it's being caused by a software issue.
    You could also try resetting the password via BlackBerry Protect, no it won't make the keys work, but at least you'll be able to access the device and device settings again

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-25-14 02:04 PM
    Alright just today I woke up to a silent alarm (vibration only) and I was confused because the speaker wasn't working at all but switching audio to the ear piece worked normal.. a restart didn't fix it and a quick battery pull didn't fix it... so I took the battery out for 15 minutes and put it back in and it suddenly worked..

So I'm now totally convinced that the (take battery out for 30 minutes) solution could fix everything.

If only you can find a way to take the battery out :P

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-25-14 02:17 PM
    I had a similar problem on my q10. Smicard not inserted properly.
    09-25-14 02:24 PM
    Alright just today I woke up to a silent alarm (vibration only) and I was confused because the speaker wasn't working at all but switching audio to the ear piece worked normal.. a restart didn't fix it and a quick battery pull didn't fix it... so I took the battery out for 15 minutes and put it back in and it suddenly worked..

So I'm now totally convinced that the (take battery out for 30 minutes) solution could fix everything.

If only you can find a way to take the battery out :P

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    The passport has not a removable battery...
    Of course, he could open the device and the screws to take the built in battery out, but it would disable his warranty.

09-25-14 02:24 PM
    You just bought it TAKE it BACK and quit crying. How can anyone tell you anything and it was just released yesterday?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-25-14 02:32 PM
    Crying to crackberry? I think I'm actually making the issue known and seeing if anyone else has encountered it.

What the f is wrong with a select few stupid people on these forums that ruin the otherwise extremely helpful members responses.

Have you read the thread? Why would I go to BB support when it's less than a day old?
    I've done what anyone else would do and tomorrow I'll know if I get an exchange or a refund.

So please, go and take your AMAZING comments elsewhere. Obvious troll is obvious.
    Don't listen to them, I've been on here since 2011 and had a fair bit of issues with my phones which were sorted by the really helpful people amongst us, a lot faster than BlackBerry support could. You're on the right track, sometimes its just that little advise from other people that have had the same experience that sorts you out, just ignore them....hope you get your phone fixed, I know how painful it can be!
    Aneres11, Spawn12 and DPSydBerry like this.
    09-25-14 02:41 PM
    What part of it aren't you understanding? I'm in the UK the stores are closed and THEY HAVE NO STOCK at my store. Ignorant as well as a troll.

And maybe, just maybe, people on a forum about BlackBerry handsets might be interested in this problem I'm having with a newly released BB handset? I know it's a bit out there and CRAZY to think that, but stranger things have happened. Lol, what a joke you are.v
    09-25-14 02:43 PM
    If your within the return period, I would not claim warranty as you will get a refurbished unit, return it as DOA and get a new device, it sucks that it happened but sometimes with electronics these things happen.

Try hard reset first if you haven't done so.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:43 PM
    Has the OP used the included 30 day support direct from Blackberry? I'm sure they would have something to offer...
    09-25-14 02:45 PM
    It's "keyboardgate"!

Lol... OP, I hope you can just exchange it and be back up and running ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 and Aneres11 like this.
    09-25-14 02:48 PM
    You're the nut who just paid $600 for broken phone and instead of just taking it back you would rather joust with me. You are hilarious!
    09-25-14 02:48 PM
    Botched launch? How about this then?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...plus-bendgate/

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5876676

Everyone has problems mate. The best we can do is to help each other solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    You beat me to it! Thank you. ROFL

Posted via CB10
    The Big Picture and Mr4aces like this.
    09-25-14 02:49 PM
    No, no nerve. You just showed yourself to be the petulant child you are.
    But it's entertaining to watch you strike wise cracks that you think are great but really are not. You keep trying. And you make sure you keep laughing at yourself coz everyone else is too. Not with you.

So I had a call back from the store manager who have said there is no stock left in Slefridges Trafford Centre. She said they only each had 10 and the stock has been mostly sold yesterday.
    She has apologised and asked how long it takes to get there and said she'd compensate that, which is good of them. She said she's gonna get in contact with the other stores and ask for a handset to be sent up.
    But she won't know until tomorrow when she speaks to BlackBerry to see if they have the stock in the respective stores.

So tomorrow we'll see what happens.

It seems, according to the Selfridge's PR, that Blackberry have opened up stand alone stores in their department stores. They don't seem to be affiliated with Carphone Warehouse.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-25-14 02:50 PM
    Not sure why I would lie about it - what exactly would I gain? I'm not here to get attention or hate on it.

Anyway, seems as you don't believe me I've taken a video. So if you could be as quick to tell me how to attach a video in here as you are to doubt I'd appreciate it.
    Regardless of all that, I'd be hustling back and getting a replacement ASAP - don't wait around.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 02:52 PM
    Regardless of all that, I'd be hustling back and getting a replacement ASAP - don't wait around.

Posted via CB10
    And apparently you've already found out they're out of stock. (sorry) good luck - hope they get new stock in for you.

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-25-14 02:54 PM
    Have you tried my suggestion to swipe down on the physical keyboard? Did the virtual keyboard show up?

09-25-14 03:04 PM
    Good luck on getting this issue corrected.

For the person who said that the OP was "crying" instead of going to BlackBerry support....... this is a forum for information and help. This is an issue currently happening, the OP brought it to our attention and is asking for help, there is now some type of tracking record for others that have this issue. This is good information to go off of.

Also, please give the folks that suggested a battery pull a break. We've been doing battery pulls on BlackBerrys for YEARS! It would be a normal troubleshooting method to utilize. So the learning curve for this phone spans from the keyboard all the way to remembering that the battery CAN'T be removed. So thank you yall for the battery pull suggestion, though in this case, that is not an option.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-25-14 03:10 PM
    OP: Sorry to hear you had bad luck. Hopefully you'll get a replacement user soon Also, Don't listen to cmartin329. Obviously someone who has bigger fish to fry in his life and he's just taking it out on whomever he can.

Everyone else who's ragging on the OP: Seriously? This is supposed to be a community of helpful and intelligent people. We don't even know HOW MANY passports have sold and we're hearing about ONE having an issue.

I have news for you: Every single product line on the face of the earth will have a lemon somwhere. Even iPhones and Android phones have lemons. This is no different, so give it a freaking rest.
    pantlesspenguin and TGR1 like this.
    09-25-14 03:15 PM
    Good luck on getting this issue corrected.

For the person who said that the OP was "crying" instead of going to BlackBerry support....... this is a forum for information and help. This is an issue currently happening, the OP brought it to our attention and is asking for help, there is now some type of tracking record for others that have this issue. This is good information to go off of.

Also, please give the folks that suggested a battery pull a break. We've been doing battery pulls on BlackBerrys for YEARS! It would be a normal troubleshooting method to utilize. So the learning curve for this phone spans from the keyboard all the way to remembering that the battery CAN'T be removed. So thank you yall for the battery pull suggestion, though in this case, that is not an option.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

I have been on so many forums and there generally all ruined by blatant fan boys. I've not really seen any of this on here, just helpful people. Minus the 2 or 3 who just like to revel in other peoples misfortune. Or like to troll.

But I'll be sure to keep people posted so we have something to go on moving forward.
    09-25-14 03:17 PM
116 12345