You can reset your password online if you have BB Protect enabled. Also, just guessing, but can you switch to a full keyboard on the screen with swipes like on the other BB10 devices.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-25-14 11:14 AM
    You can reset your password online if you have BB Protect enabled. Also, just guessing, but can you switch to a full keyboard on the screen with swipes like on the other BB10 devices.
    This will not resolve the hardware issue. The keys are not functioning and changing the password through another means doesn't make the keys to work. So I still say to OP, return the device and ask for replacement.
    09-25-14 11:24 AM
    I have a full touch bb10. Do the hardware keyboard style phones allow you to bring up a full virtual keyboard by doing a 2 finger up-swipe (like on the Z30)? Worth a try I would think
    09-25-14 11:26 AM
    Since all is lost pretty much otherwise, I'd try to get some compressed air sprayed on the keys to ensure that a piece of hair hasn't gotten under those keys or something to that affect. I'd also suggest applying additional pressure to one or more of the keys (not to the point of breaking more and voiding warranty) they could be misaligned slightly.
    09-25-14 11:35 AM
    I can't get into my device, the password begins with an A which is just brilliant seeing as that's one of the buttons that doesn't work.
    So - what about plugging in a USB OTG cable, and connecting a USB keyboard?
    09-25-14 11:43 AM
    Lol@the guy saying do a battery pull...u been living under a rock for the past year??? Lol.

Bigger Lol@the guy who is doubting the OP fir having this issue...crawl back to the hole you came from.

Biggest lol is saved to the guy thinking the whole freaking world has ended due to one BlackBerry passport not working properly. Botched launch?? **** me what a drama queen that guy is lol lol.

Anyhow OP sorry to hear of your issues, I'd try what people have said and see if any of it helps. If not ring Selfridges up and tell them about your issue and get a replacement sent to u or call up BlackBerry themselves and get them to send u out a replacement passport.

Hope you get it sorted soon my friend, really sucks that your new passport is giving you issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:55 AM
    As others have said, back it up so you don't lose anything. Try a reboot, if that doesn't work try a wipe, if that doesn't work reload the os via link. If that doesn't work or you don't feel comfortable doing any of the above or you just want to be sure you have a working device, go get it replaced. Sorry for your misfortune

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:56 AM
    Apology would be great now then, please.

Looks like a hardware problem for sure. Sorry to see that.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-25-14 12:03 PM
    This will not resolve the hardware issue. The keys are not functioning and changing the password through another means doesn't make the keys to work. So I still say to OP, return the device and ask for replacement.
    Not trying to fix it; it's obviously broken, but I'm sure he'd like to be able to use his phone.
    09-25-14 12:09 PM
    I don't know how it is in your country, but I'm in Quebec, Canada, ans had a problem with my Q10 I bought from Koodo two days after I bought it, and they just exchanged it directly at the booth. Way faster than claiming BlackBerry's warranty.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154.
    09-25-14 12:15 PM
    Looks like a hardware problem for sure. Sorry to see that.
    I think doing a factory reset using Blackberry Link from your desktop. If the key issue still persists it is hardware issue, otherwise if this is resolved by doing a reset, there maybe a software issue with one of the apps you may have downloaded
    09-25-14 12:24 PM
    OK - I've goten this a few times with the Virtual Keyboard devices on 10.3. It happens. It is a software glitch in most cases - not hardware.

Aneres - First thing to try is hold down both the up volume and down button at the same time until the device resets. Once it has reset, give the device a full minute before trying to enter your password. let me know if that solves the issue.

If it does not, we can try the next step which is full back-up and restore.

PS to everyone, to quote A. Rodgers, "R-e-l-a-x"
    sleepngbear and UKAsh like this.
    09-25-14 12:28 PM
    do a battery pull. Take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Failing that take the battery out and plug the power into the device and see if it powers up without the battery being inside; if it does see if it's still broken.
    best.reply.of.the.week.
    09-25-14 12:30 PM
    OK - I've goten this a few times with the Virtual Keyboard devices on 10.3. It happens. It is a software glitch in most cases - not hardware.

Aneres - First thing to try is hold down both the up volume and down button at the same time until the device resets. Once it has reset, give the device a full minute before trying to enter your password. let me know if that solves the issue.

If it does not, we can try the next step which is full back-up and restore.

PS to everyone, to quote A. Rodgers, "R-e-l-a-x"
    On a virtual keyboard I would agree its a software issue, on a physical keyboard with it only being 4 keys adjacent to one another its going to be a hardware issue for sure.
    lift likes this.
    09-25-14 12:40 PM
    Do a battery pull. Take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in. Failing that take the battery out and plug the power into the device and see if it powers up without the battery being inside; if it does see if it's still broken.
    Fail, how do you pull the battery on a Passport?

Z10
    09-25-14 12:48 PM
    OP, may I apologize for the unexplainable behavior on the part of one of our members? You did not deserve to be treated so rudely. Just know that the vast majority of CB members are generous and will go to great lengths to help a person out.

Sounds like a hardware issue, tho it is worth trying the suggestions given. Except for the battery pull ha ha! Honestly, that has been such a go-to BlackBerry solution forever, so it was the first thing I thought of, too. To be clear, when people say to hold down the volume keys they mean hold both up and down volume keys at the same time and don't let up until the device turns off. And make sure you wipe the phone, because you probably put all kinds of personal stuff on it already.

I am sorry you are having this trouble. I know it is a First World problem, but I would be massively upset after looking forward to a new toy, driving so far and paying so much. Let us know the end of the story. We want to hear you have a functional Passport in your hands safe and sound. You don't want to deprive us from experiencing raging jealousy, right?
    Uzi, The Big Picture, lift and 1 others like this.
    09-25-14 12:49 PM
    I do not comment often, even though I am on here all the time(since storm 1) observing and reading. I need some clarification from the OP. You purchased it yesterday, did you not test it last night or at least shortly after getting back to your residence. If so and you knew you had a problem, would it not been simple to return it this morning, your post was at 10:10am, rather than spend several hours on the forum, you said it would take you 50 minutes to drive to the place of purchase, you have a receipt, return it for a new in the box functioning phone, let the carrier and blackberry deal with this one defective device. One other observation OP, were you the same gent with the question about installing instagram, was it working then(readers and followers please check this). By the way this launch has not had the problems that IOS8 has had on it consumers and Iphone 6. Just some thoughts.
    09-25-14 01:01 PM
    I do not comment often, even though I am on here all the time(since storm 1) observing and reading. I need some clarification from the OP. You purchased it yesterday, did you not test it last night or at least shortly after getting back to your residence. If so and you knew you had a problem, would it not been simple to return it this morning, your post was at 10:10am, rather than spend several hours on the forum, you said it would take you 50 minutes to drive to the place of purchase, you have a receipt, return it for a new in the box functioning phone, let the carrier and blackberry deal with this one defective device. One other observation OP, were you the same gent with the question about installing instagram, was it working then(readers and followers please check this). By the way this launch has not had the problems that IOS8 has had on it consumers and Iphone 6. Just some thoughts.
    The phone was working perfectly well until the time I wrote the thread, everything was perfect, no troubles or issues at all. Apart from the Instagram thing but that was more down to my lack of knowing what I was doing with side loading apps than the device itself. Though a native Instagram app would be sweet!

You post as if there's some conspiracy. It's just an unfortunate situation. The device was fine, it stopped working, I've tried to fix it and it hasn't worked. I haven't drove over to exchange as I had a tennis game I couldn't get out of until now hence not being able to do anything about it.

Thanks again for all your replies though.
    lift likes this.
    09-25-14 01:06 PM
    If you haven't got anything you want to keep on the device but still want to access it, just get your password wrong 10 times. It will do an automatic security wipe and start up your device as though new.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-25-14 01:09 PM
    Needed to ask the questions to make sense of the situation. A sudden malfunctioning device should be handed right back.
    09-25-14 01:19 PM
    Apology would be great now then, please.

I'm sorry

See I can man up hopefully you can get it fixed or get a new one quickly

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 01:27 PM
    "battery pull" is holding down the up and down volume keys at the same time until it resets

Posted via CB10
    sly11 likes this.
    09-25-14 01:28 PM
    Well I'm glad you find it so funny. But in reality you just come across as total ****, so well done you!

On topic then. I've tried the hard reset and left the phone for a bit before doing anything - unfortunately it didn't work. It's most definitely a hardware issue. I'm going to give the Selfrdiges store I bought it from a call now and ask if they have any stock for me to return and exchange. Failing that, I will ask for a refund and then just buy it when it's available wherever.

Sucks right? At least I'm the only one with the problem so far. Hopefully it's just a one off.

Thank you to everyone minus the 2 d* ck heads in here who have been really helpful. Will keep you posted.
    I suggest as a final resort is to plug it into your PC/MAC use the latest blackberry link from blackberry's website and do a backup and reload software.

Do not do a restore just in case something from 1 mobile wrecked the OS because as you have said it's not a common problem with the passport so far, you being (unfortunately) the only one with this problem reported on crackberry.

I wouldn't use any app store besides SNAP (which I recommend to you in your instagram thread) and amazon app world.

Between these two and blackberry world you should have 98% of all the apps you ever need. ;-)

Again I'm sorry for your trouble, I'd hate to be in your position especially after reading how you have enjoyed it so, I hope your enthusiasm in regards to the device continues after this problem has been rectified.

And lastly welcome to our forum and the "dark side" :-)

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    09-25-14 01:33 PM
    Don't know the passport and10.3, but 10.2 you can call the virtual'keyboard anytime with a 2 finger swype from the bottom. maybe something like this could'work on your passport, and let you type something to get in, retrieve a hardware test tool such as blackberry virtual'expert to diagnose...
    09-25-14 01:41 PM
    Think I'm just gonna return it to store tomorrow. Called the store they weren't helpful. Something about only one person selling the device and she's stand alone sales, it's apparently nothing to do with Selfridges. As the lady wasn't there they've said they'd take my call and come back to me either tonight or tomorrow. But I plan to go tomorrow morning so just gonna go straight there and see what's what. Hopefully just get an exchange.
    Superfly_FR and Nayalm like this.
    09-25-14 01:43 PM
116 1234 ...