After not being able to use either versions of Snap,...I've was able to load "Google Play",..and necessary apps! For whatever the reason, Snap v2 and v3 stop working on my Passport,...so I researched the fix that some may have resorted to and that is the loading of Google Play and other required apps. In a nutshell, I have now reinstalled my favorite Android apps,...again! Anyway cheers to all,...and many props to Cobalt. donation on the way!
    08-14-16 11:28 PM
    glad it all worked out for you!
    08-15-16 03:37 PM
    For those who are not familiar to Cobalt and want to check it out:
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-15-16 at 09:13 PM. Reason: fixed link
    08-15-16 03:47 PM
    Lucky you, I must be very bad at following instructions because I couldn't get the Play Store to work for me.
    I even tried the 'fix' which was explained in Cobalt's FAQ.
    08-15-16 07:30 PM
    Go here,...easy to follow steps!

Here: http://sideloadbb10.com/

FWIW,...the link uses Cobalt's files...or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 01:55 PM
    I can get it to work but simple apps still don't work. have to patch still quite annoying and tedious.
    08-16-16 01:56 PM
    Don't know what's been going on with Snap for a while, but it's nice to see that you've found a solution that works for you.
    08-16-16 05:14 PM
    Snap is still working for me on my Z30. Used it the other day to grab an apk for my daughter's Q10.

I'm glad OP's PP is working great.
    08-16-16 06:55 PM
    The dreaded side loading days. Glad there over for me.
    08-16-16 10:26 PM
    Go here,...easy to follow steps!

Here: Sideload BB10 | Install Android Apps to the BlackBerry 10

FWIW,...the link uses Cobalt's files...or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but I gave up.
    I'm getting better battery life now anyways due to reduced Android runtime.
    08-17-16 06:57 PM
    It's actually simpler than you think. Downloaded 3 files signed in and done. Have it on all by BlackBerry 10 phones.

Passport SQW100-1/, Q10 SQN100-5/, Classic SQC100-4/
    08-17-16 07:48 PM
    I was able to get Cobalts method to work rather easily. Ran into one small issue but I was able to do some searching and found a solution. Patched a few apps on my laptop and I was good to go.

I will say this, BBOS10 with Google play services is a powerful thing. If play services was integrated natively into this OS theyd sell a lot of phones.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    08-17-16 08:21 PM
    Enjoy being attached to Google by an umbilical cord for the rest of your days! I'll stick to sideloading.
    08-18-16 12:16 PM
    When I first read the thread title, I assumed the complete opposite of what you've said.

I have been using cobalt's solution for a long time, first on my z10 and now the passport. I wiped my z10 when I got the passport and installed only the BB10 apps and use it as a backup device.

I noticed that without cobalt's solution and any other android apps, my 3 year old Z10 felt so buttery smooth and fast. So I decided to do the same on my passport and give up the on the android apps that I used (about 10-12) and find alternatives on blackberry world.

So for half of them I now use the web versions, which works great. For others I found better alternatives on BlackBerry world and few others I decided to delete just because I rarely used them. And finally, I deleted cobalt's apps.

From what I have observed, I have better battery life, better performance, and the hub notifications get pushed faster and also for some reason, wifi connectivity is a bit better at places I always lost the connection.

I won't be installing any android app now, until there's one that I really can't do without.

PS- Cobalt's solution is a boon for people who need android apps, i'm not against it or anything, just that the improvements I experienced matter more to me and all my needs are fulfilled without it.

Posted via The Black Beast-  P A S S P O R T | OG
    08-18-16 01:18 PM
    It will be nice if we share latest working patched apps. I have couple of them.
    08-18-16 09:47 PM
    I love my blackberry passport I no longer use snap and was able to load cobalt directly without side loading. All the programs that use all work with no problems. I was using the priv for a little bit but I missed the passport's stability and feel. I use kindle and coupled with the square shape making the passport ideal for reading.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 10:24 PM
    I used cobalt solution so I could get the kindle ereader. It works but is slower than on my native fire phone. I am Puzzled why it is not available on the Amazon store itself included in the passport. Yes, I have an actual fire phone that I love and use daily. Sadly, I couldn't get the Amazon video app, so I guess I won't be watching Amazon prime videos on my passport. That's ok, I plan to keep android apps to a minimum on my passport.

I'm still getting used to the physical keyboard. I'm a fast typer, but I do miss the Swype feature which makes typing do much quicker on android.
    08-27-16 11:02 PM