Blackberry probably assumes we Passport users have deep pockets, what with the $600 price tag and all.
    12-19-14 04:18 PM
    Blackberry probably assumes we Passport users have deep pockets, what with the $600 price tag and all.
    This

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    12-19-14 04:19 PM
    This actually made me laugh
    12-19-14 04:20 PM
    Just saw your reddit post. Glad you didn't post that to /r/gadgets. Fanboys would have a field day. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    BigPlayChad8 likes this.
    12-19-14 04:21 PM
    If I look down the right side of my Passport (the side with the volume buttons) it looks perfectly straight. If I look down the left side there is a very slight bow. You basically can't tell unless you look straight down the side. The top and bottom may have an even slighter bow, the bottom more so. It is more difficult to tell with the top and bottom. My keys are also slightly raised on the right side.

I assure everyone some huge amount of force was never applied to my Passport. I think it is as someone else in this thread said, if the correct amount or torque is applied to twisting the device it will bend like this.
    12-19-14 04:23 PM
    Looks like a classic case of Passport Scoliosis.

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-19-14 04:26 PM
    Just saw your reddit post. Glad you didn't post that to /r/gadgets. Fanboys would have a field day. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    ...but think of all that sweet sweet karma.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 04:57 PM
    ...but think of all that sweet sweet karma.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. You mean fake internet points?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:22 PM
    In before the lifting screen/dead pixels to complete the trifecta.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:40 PM
    What case?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:53 PM
    What case?

Posted via CB10
    Wallet flip case by Lightning Knight. Got it from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:59 PM
    Sus post. You should hook up with the other guy who sat on his Passport to contact Chen and say you both met his challenge. It could be a defective lot. If so, it needs to be addressed and corrected.
    12-19-14 06:00 PM
    That sucks. What should you do? Try and get a replacement.
    12-19-14 06:16 PM
    Sus post. You should hook up with the other guy who sat on his Passport to contact Chen and say you both met his challenge. It could be a defective lot. If so, it needs to be addressed and corrected.
    What's Chen's email address?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 07:10 PM
    with my passport in my yeans pocket
    I've heard of jorts, but never yeans. Is that like yoga pants crossed with jeans?
    12-19-14 07:25 PM
    That sucks. What should you do? Try and get a replacement.
    Working on it!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 07:52 PM
    Dude, just flip the phone facing outward when you put it in your pocket.

After two months it shall bend back to normal.
    thman558 likes this.
    12-19-14 07:56 PM
    The frame where your phone bent has the least support along that side of the frame. But the bending direction is through the thickest part of the steel frame and no twisting of the frame. It took some significant amount of pressure while the frame was held in place hence no twisting. Might have been pressed against an edge, like a tough table edge, when you were approaching at speed and reaching to the far side. I assume from your hand in the picture that you are not very heavy so it needed more than your weight to bend steel like that. It's just physic. Or you can try to bend the frame to the same direction with your own hands, putting your finger on the steel and not on the back plastic nor screen, and preventing the frame from twisting at the same time. See how hard it is.
    Anyway, if it was in your jeans/pants front pocket and bent, it's more likely that you got hurt before it bent.
    But for this frame to bent along the side beam with just normal daily use, you gotta be a hammersmith.
    My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-passport-frame-2.jpg
    12-19-14 08:43 PM
    What are you talking about? It's the new curved Passport. Research showed that a curved screen causes less distorsion to the image cause it's the same shape as the human eye.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 08:50 PM
    Agree... It's got to be defective device. I see everyone try to challenge John Chen to bend the Passport but none of them are succeeded.
    There has already been multiple threads of this happening to others. Metal bends, end of story. Stop trying to say that it has to be defective, it isn't. It is just metal and if pressured right, it will bend.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-19-14 09:21 PM
    The frame where your phone bent has the least support along that side of the frame. But the bending direction is through the thickest part of the steel frame and no twisting of the frame. It took some significant amount of pressure while the frame was held in place hence no twisting. Might have been pressed against an edge, like a tough table edge, when you were approaching at speed and reaching to the far side. I assume from your hand in the picture that you are not very heavy so it needed more than your weight to bend steel like that. It's just physic. Or you can try to bend the frame to the same direction with your own hands, putting your finger on the steel and not on the back plastic nor screen, and preventing the frame from twisting at the same time. See how hard it is.
    Anyway, if it was in your jeans/pants front pocket and bent, it's more likely that you got hurt before it bent.
    But for this frame to bent along the side beam with just normal daily use, you gotta be a hammersmith.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Passport frame 2.jpg 
Views:	1328 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	321947
    I hear you. I am just telling you what happened. I don't WANT it to be bent. It's a huge hassle.

I could have a defective product. Who knows? I am not mad, I just want a new one. No biggie.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:22 PM
    Did you skateboard and took a dive on it? How does this happen....

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-19-14 10:26 PM
    After two months the phones steel frame just bent? Stranger things have happened?
    12-19-14 10:27 PM
    Weird. I put my Passport in back pocket, and sat on it once. But nothing happened. PPT is really solid to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:28 PM
    Defectiveness happens in all of everyday life. Every substance has imperfections from time to time, it's all part of the manufacturing process and some slip through the net. What's first and foremost is identifying those bad batches.

I remember with certain batches of the newer Mini Cooper that there was an issue within the electronics that could cause the power steering to fail but it WAS only certain batches and unfortunately the only way they were identified was to have X amount returned with the issue, the serial/batch numbers logged and identified.

I had double glazing fitted once and 3 out of the 7 Windows I had fitted were defected where the PVC had distorted, those 3 Windows came last and were part of a different manufacturing process and not produced in the same batch as the other 4.

It happens unfortunately and BlackBerry should replace it. Amazon wont as they take no responsibility for anything even though if it is purchased directly from them they have to look after you and your device for the first 12 months (30 days for money back if the box is unopened) though different countries have different trading standard laws.

Good luck with it though.
    12-19-14 11:32 PM
225 12345 ...