this thread making me rethink about if i should get a hard shell case instead of a soft one...
    It's a consideration, however, I don't know if any hardshell case is going to protect the device from torque/twisting if it is in your pocket.
    12-22-14 08:28 AM
    That's crazy. Passport is built like a tank.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:32 AM
    Obviously I torqued or put pressure on it in some way, I just can't remember when it was. Maybe I crouched or something.
    Hi Big,

Any luck with BB or Amazon ?
    12-22-14 09:22 AM
    That is right. Bending and twisting are two different things.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-22-14 11:01 AM
    I love how some people are now splitting hairs in order to defend BlackBerry. Yeah, huge difference between twisting and bending... lol.

 Posted via CB10 
    reeneebob and chflower like this.
    12-22-14 12:01 PM
    I love how some people are now splitting hairs in order to defend BlackBerry. Yeah, huge difference between twisting and bending... lol.

 Posted via CB10 
    Yeah, because, like, you know... if you mishandle or abuse your phone OF COURSE it's Blackberry's fault despite the fact 99.9% of owners have solid devices. But never mind THAT. The handful of disgruntled owners with chronic bad luck continue to dominate the forums.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:07 PM
    Hahaha, priceless. Statistically the Passport is way more bendable than the iPhone. Where are the haters?
    Heck, I'm a launch day owner of a 6 Plus that I've sat on, dropped, and not been careful with. It's either in a very thin case or caseless, and it hasn't bent one iota (according to a post on page one of this thread EVERYONE'S 6 Plus just bends oh so easily).

I'm laughing at all the people blaming the user and saying how it's in no way BBs fault - because many of those same users say Apple and not the user is to blame if a 6 Plus bent.

The hypocrisy. It astounds.

Here's an interesting thought... ALL PHONES will bend if enough force is applied. They don't spontaneously pretzel, even if that contradicts the agenda du jour. but I knew before page one was done that BB would be exonerated for the exact same thing Apple was lambasted for.
    12-22-14 12:24 PM
    Yeah, because, like, you know... if you mishandle or abuse your phone OF COURSE it's Blackberry's fault despite the fact 99.9% of owners have solid devices. But never mind THAT. The handful of disgruntled owners with chronic bad luck continue to dominate the forums.

Posted via CB10
    Had you said 99% of users were satisfied, I would have let it slide. 99.9% of Passports "solid"? Hahahaha

Passport is about as solid as the Torch 9800. No matter though, version 2 will, just like the Torch 9810, be very good, and just like the Torch 9810 will be what Passport should have been. Note I am talking about hardware primarily, and to some extent software. What Passport means to BlackBerry for market perception is a whole another discussion.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:32 PM
    Back on topic, poor OP !!

I will quote from my other post, similar issue

, I believe there is another individual who has had to go through 9 or 10 PPs (I think). Sounds crazy, I know, but they might have the results they were looking for by posting on this forum and so maybe, just maybe, (hopefully for you), they see this thread and provide a resolution.

Hopefully they chime in with a resolution as to what they did to help your post !

Weird...why wont they post their resolution to help with this post ?
    12-22-14 12:37 PM
    Had you said 99% of users were satisfied, I would have let it slide. 99.9% of Passports "solid"? Hahahaha

Passport is about as solid as the Torch 9800. No matter though, version 2 will, just like the Torch 9810, be very good, and just like the Torch 9810 will be what Passport should have been. Note I am talking about hardware primarily, and to some extent software. What Passport means to BlackBerry for market perception is a whole another discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Solid as in how it relates to this specific thread. Not for the guy who has bought 8 passports & makes a career out of finding flaws with it. DUH.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc likes this.
    12-22-14 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    But if it's an iPhone it's Apple's fault? Because that was the party line before bent passports started appearing. Only THEN was the manufacturer off the hook.

Edit

Op good luck dealing with BB. From personal experience, you'll need it.
    kbz1960 and Vintage123 like this.
    12-22-14 12:40 PM
    I'd guess that the y axis weakness was found via torque as others are suggesting, and the phone had rotational force applied in a crouch or even seated position wearing down x axis rigidity causing the y to experience less than standard resistance resulting in weakness along that axis in a significant manner. It seems most width rigidity is based on the flexible phone component structure vs the stainless frame which provides the bulk length (y axis) rigidity. It's possible the passport resisted movement as a result of its wider form bracing against the edges of the pocket (even if they are big pockets, things, especially broad foot printed ones, wedge themselves into bizzare places sometimes) transferring that force against what would've kept it in place (width) in to a torque force being applied laterally, weakening the vertical framing and resulting in a vertical bend in the Passport. As they say, crazy sh*t happens sometimes!

Posted via CB10
    I have to admit bit I found this whole post extremely sexy.

Can't help it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    12-22-14 12:58 PM
    I have to admit bit I found this whole post extremely sexy.

Can't help it.

Lol. That's funny!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:01 PM
    Lol. That's funny!

Posted via CB10

12-22-14 01:02 PM
    It's hard to imagine bending my Passport unless I'm purposely trying to

Posted via CB10
    Vintage123 likes this.
    12-22-14 01:30 PM
    This reminds me of the PreCentral days right after the Palm Pre was released. The slider mechanism was inherently unstable - after all, it's a huge moving part - and would regularly become loose (the "Oreo effect"). Die-hard Palm fans would describe how often they had to return their Pre multiple times due to the problem yet there was alway a core group who insisted that their devices withstood all sorts of abuse and worked like new and that the documented return rate wasn't any higher than any other smartphone. It wasn't until the webOS post-mortem interviews that it was revealed that the carriers were unhappy with the high return rate of these devices.
    FrankIAm and reeneebob like this.
    12-22-14 02:58 PM
    That's crazy! I just got the Passport a few days ago and it's built like a rock. Looks like the Incredible Hulk bent that...SMH

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:46 PM
    This reminds me of the PreCentral days right after the Palm Pre was released. The slider mechanism was inherently unstable - after all, it's a huge moving part - and would regularly become loose (the "Oreo effect"). Die-hard Palm fans would describe how often they had to return their Pre multiple times due to the problem yet there was alway a core group who insisted that their devices withstood all sorts of abuse and worked like new and that the documented return rate wasn't any higher than any other smartphone. It wasn't until the webOS post-mortem interviews that it was revealed that the carriers were unhappy with the high return rate of these devices.
    *raises hand*

I went through 4 before I got a solid slider. I remember those arguments well and you're right, this is d�j� vu.
    12-22-14 07:10 PM
    Hi Big,

Any luck with BB or Amazon ?
    They are supposed to send me a box either today and tomorrow. (Wasn't today).

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah. And I'm sure you were there saying that about those who abused their iPhone, right?

 Posted via CB10 
    12-22-14 08:40 PM
    Give it a rest folks. lol It must be pretty boring on those other platform forums to have you come back here over and over again, and to complain how BlackBerry faithfuls are reacting to other BlackBerry users. Truth be told the Passport may be bent, but it is not easily bent. Given that fact, it should come as no surprise that many users are doubtful with what happened with this particular Passport. The OP has done the right thing by contacting BlackBerry to have this looked at. Let BlackBerry decide. BlackBerry should be able to figure out what happened. The OP IMO has a small chance of being given another phone.
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    12-22-14 09:28 PM
    Give it a rest folks. lol It must be pretty boring on those other platform forums to have you come back here over and over again, and to complain how BlackBerry faithfuls are reacting to other BlackBerry users. Truth be told the Passport may be bent, but it is not easily bent. Given that fact, it should come as no surprise that many users are doubtful with what happened with this particular Passport. The OP has done the right thing by contacting BlackBerry to have this looked at. Let BlackBerry decide. BlackBerry should be able to figure out what happened. The OP IMO has a small chance of being given another phone.
    I'm not coming from any other forum. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2006 (during which time I haven't owned any other brand of phones). I'm also a former employee.

I think it is absurd how OP and others with problems are treated by some fanaticals! The guy comes looking for help and instead of getting any help he is called a liar and fraud. Ridiculous!!!

 Posted via CB10 
    12-22-14 10:50 PM
    I'm not coming from any other forum. I've been a BlackBerry user since 2006 (during which time I haven't owned any other brand of phones). I'm also a former employee.

I think it is absurd how OP and others with problems are treated by some fanaticals! The guy comes looking for help and instead of getting any help he is called a liar and fraud. Ridiculous!!!

 Posted via CB10 
    And it seems you like to blow on fire.
    Just let die the remarks, don't play the backseat mod and this thread would be fine. OP is a big boy, don't need a pyromaniac fireman.

P.S: quoting you, but not targeting, general remark.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:18 AM
    I mean, I wear skinny jeans/suit pants on the daily
    Very skinny
    And the passport stays in the front left pocket

I read the first two pages and don't know if it was resolved or anything...but

I just find it so hard to believe the passport was bent through just sitting in the front pocket not being sat on or something.
    I love to criticize blackberry any opportunity I get but I just find this so hard to believe.

Either way, good luck with the repair

Posted via CB10
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    12-23-14 03:41 AM
    Y'all cannot manage to be respectful, no matter how much this thread is moderated. Dang shame, but I'm going to have to put a (most likely) permanently closed sign here.
    12-23-14 07:26 AM
225 ... 789