Exactly!

Such a sad state of affairs around CB anymore. Some of are critical because we want to see BlackBerry get better and succeed. Apparently that isn't accepted.

Posted via CB10
    OK, so what you have BlackBerry do in this instance...build an even stronger Passport? apparently metal I-beam construction won't cut it? Oh, heaven forbid we remind everyone how fragile the new iPhone 6's are....SMFH

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-21-14 11:39 AM
    I doubt that it was because of an defective device/frame. But the OP can prove his point easily by trying to bend the frame back straight. If it could be bent from just a normal daily use, the OP should be able to bend the frame back with his bare hand using no tool nor leverage, and without having to use too much force. And we'll know the result in no time at all.
    It's already bent so why not giving it a go.
    12-21-14 12:35 PM
    I doubt that it was because of an defective device/frame. But the OP can prove his point easily by trying to bend the frame back straight. If it could be bent from just a normal daily use, the OP should be able to bend the frame back with his bare hand using no tool nor leverage, and without having to use too much force. And we'll know the result in no time at all.
    It's already bent so why not giving it a go.
    Of course this is the best thing to do.... NOT!
    OP is doing the right thing by contacting BlackBerry and returning the phone. BlackBerry can investigate and possibly determine a cause. If OP tries to bend it back then BlackBerry can't even begin to guess how it happened and whether or not the device is defective. And it would be a case of willfully and intentionally abusing the phone, and no way BlackBerry would respond well in that case.
    12-21-14 01:30 PM
    Obviously it was something I did, even if it was unintentional.

Hi Big,
    Another bump, hopefully you find a solution to this problem!!
    These forums are great for these types of issues.
    12-21-14 01:48 PM
    I don't even wear skinny jeans! Haha.
    So your Passport bent like that while you had it in your loose jeans front pocket? There must have been some incident where the phone was exposed to a great pressure or force for it result in this. As much as I'd like to believe you, it would be impossible for that phone to bend and distort just from being in your loose jeans pocket.

Although even if it were exposed to some force, I don't think the Passport would bend as easy as the iPhone 6 Plus based on tests I have seen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by terminatorx; 12-21-14 at 06:00 PM.
    12-21-14 04:34 PM
    I don't have to much faith in BlackBerry warranty,. I had a 64 gb PlayBook. Had it 9 months, and tried to use the front facing camera, the pictures were scrambled. BlackBerry told me it had several moisture sensors bad. I know for a fact that I never got it wet. It works, just not what I paid for. The only moisture that ever hit that phone was putting the screen protector on.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:24 PM
    So your Passport bent like that while you had it in your loose jeans front pocket? There must have been some incident where the phone was exposed to a great pressure or force for it result in this. As much as I'd like to believe you, it would be impossible for that phone to bend and distort just from being in your loose jeans pocket.

Although even if it were exposed to some force, I don't think the Passport would bend as easy as the iPhone 6 Plus based on tests I have seen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Obviously I torqued or put pressure on it in some way, I just can't remember when it was. Maybe I crouched or something.

Even bent it seems sturdy. I like the phone a lot.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:38 PM
    Obviously I torqued or put pressure on it in some way, I just can't remember when it was. Maybe I crouched or something.

Posted via CB10
    Do you drink? just kidding. I do!
    Last edited by JORENO; 12-21-14 at 06:57 PM.
    12-21-14 06:47 PM
    Here is a bend test where the screen popped out.

dejanh likes this.
    12-21-14 09:39 PM
    Here is a bend test where the screen popped out.

When the woman goes to bend it, and her hand placement is staggered high-low on the device, it really shows it corkscrew twisting pretty easily.
    dejanh likes this.
    12-21-14 10:20 PM
    When the woman goes to bend it, and her hand placement is staggered high-low on the device, it really shows it corkscrew twisting pretty easily.
    Yep. It's very weak that way. A couple of bends like that and your screen will definitely split from the frame.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:57 PM
    so the PP not so sturdy after all............phone too big....
    12-21-14 11:16 PM
    John Chen challenged people to bend the Passport - not to twist it.
    12-21-14 11:20 PM
    As with anything, it can bend, break, shatter if you apply enough force. The Passport is tested most likely under controlled situations, that can vary on real life usage. So this is either a defect on the device, or the OP was just too muscular (or psychic) to bend the Passport on his pocket without even knowing it. The good thing is the OP did the right thing: to contact BlackBerry. We'll see how this goes.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-21-14 11:47 PM
    John Chen challenged people to bend the Passport - not to twist it.
    Ah! Silly me. You should have said that from the start. /endthread

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:57 PM
    Sure the Passport can be twisted and even bent. Consider the large width it has, it would be twisted easier compare to a similar phone but with smaller width.
    The Passport frame is not continuous but has a gap where the micro-usb is. This gap make the Passport even more twistable and you can twist it more at this end of the phone than at the top end of the phone. And when you compare the twisting difference between the two ends of the phone, you'll see how tough the frame is when it is continuous.
    It is even harder to bend the side frame because it is very difficult to put your hand or tool directly on the frame to bend it backward or forward. You would come in contact with the back cover or the screen first before getting to the frame, and thus the force would be dispersed. Hence the frame would only have to stand less force than what being applied.
    12-22-14 12:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    If it's from your tight jeans or pocket, wouldn't you hurt yourself first before the bending occurs? Like feel pain or something?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:38 AM
    I believe the wide squarish frame is vulnerable to torque. If you twist it, it will bend much more easily.

Attachment 321866
    yup, very susceptible to torque. Mine was lightly torqued, and I fixed it with my bare hands and barely any pressure. This thing is not that we'll built after all.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:49 AM
    I ran into similar issue couple days ago...the screen on bottom right started to separate from the bezel...but I can almost certain that happened after I dropped the phone on the concrete asphalt without any bumper case.....

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:07 AM
    Thanks for posting these.
    There's now my reading: your device is not bent but your screen has popped out and applies force that makes it look like bent (hope my English is clear enough). I for one would disassemble and fix it (the screen will probably sit back as soon as cover/frame is released). Yet I won't suggest anyone still under warranty to do so. It should be easy to fix by any repair shop.

Now what happened is - as far as I can tell - refers more likely to a shock than a bend.

My 2 cents with all due caution.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:25 AM
    There's now my reading: your device is not bent but your screen has popped out and applies force that makes it look like bent
    You.must.be.kidding.
    BigPlayChad8 and chflower like this.
    12-22-14 06:10 AM
    I really like the phone. I just want a new unbent version. Do you hear me Chen?!

Posted via CB10
    But...what if it bends again ?

I hope you find a solution to this !
    This forum is great for these types of issues !!
    12-22-14 06:27 AM
    You.must.be.kidding.
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    chflower likes this.
    12-22-14 06:27 AM
    Sorry to hear that OP. Don't worry about the trolls and try to get it replaced. With a bit of luck you have a chance. Although it is BlackBerry not apple, so you will have to endure some nonsense arguments.

No sure what country you're from but in Europe you would be able to call this phone not fit for purpose and return it to place you got it from ( assuming it bent while in your front/back jeans pocket).

I would never let BlackBerry get away with this. 500 hundred or more $ spent and phone bent in normal usage scenario. Don't accept it.
    BigPlayChad8 likes this.
    12-22-14 06:32 AM
    this thread making me rethink about if i should get a hard shell case instead of a soft one...
    12-22-14 08:00 AM
225 ... 6789