Blackberry Passport Bend Test..looks like this guy made an honest attempt.. nice try though

Kristoff
    It is good to know that a normal Passport won't bend. Looks like a I got a defective one.
    12-21-14 07:10 AM
    Nah, don't think physics had anything to do with it. Hey, any luck on providing a couple more pics from different angles?
    I have other obligations (like kids and a wife), but will try to take more pictures today
    Superfly_FR and Smply_Rckless like this.
    12-21-14 07:12 AM
    It is good to know that a normal Passport won't bend. Looks like a I got a defective one.
    Actually that would be better! Can you shoot a short video clip of your phone, that would give us a better look at the bend.
    12-21-14 07:13 AM
    I have other obligations (like kids and a wife), but will try to take more pictures today
    Yeah, I understand why it takes some time.....
    12-21-14 07:15 AM
    It isn't trolling when you are out to search for attention. Mission accomplished for the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Wow you are really dumb.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d and Smply_Rckless like this.
    12-21-14 08:03 AM
    I am sending it to them. We will see what they say.

Posted via CB10
    Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:04 AM
    Apparently, I am part wizard. I can defy the laws of physics.

Posted via CB10
    Stop replying to these guys. Seriously!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:06 AM
    Blackberry Passport Bend Test..looks like this guy made an honest attempt.. nice try though

Kristoff
    Oh wow, someone on a video couldn't bend it, so the op must be lying. He has so much to gain by saying his passport bent on a forum! He will now be a millionaire because of this. Great job to Chad, the blackberry passport fraudster!

The phone is clearly bent. There's no way a lithium ion battery could swell up that much without leaking or bursting. He didn't use any kind of hydraulic press ( which would be the only way to bend a phone like this) for 2 reasons: 1, why would he? And 2, it would have pushed down the center of the phone, and the screen would have cracked because it would have been being supported on each end.

The guy came here to post about an issue. People lambasted him. This garbage is why I very rarely check this forum anymore. It's a support forum, and if you have a problem, then you get attacked because BlackBerry can do no wrong. If you are having an issue with an operating system, you are told to install a leak. If you install a leak, and you have problems, it's because you installed a leak and it's all your fault.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:10 AM
    Apparently, I am part wizard. I can defy the laws of physics.

Posted via CB10
    The phone is made out of stainless steel, it's very pliable in comparison to steel. Still more durable than an aluminum chassis, but absolutely still bendable.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:15 AM
    Benting a huge phone is not a mircacle. It is clearly the fault of the owner, not a fault of the phone. It is logical that the phone can bend, if you carry your phone in a too small jeans front pocket and sit down. The torque can be huge!
    12-21-14 08:21 AM
    Benting a huge phone is not a mircacle. It is clearly the fault of the owner, not a fault of the phone. It is logical that the phone can bend, if you carry your phone in a too small jeans front pocket and sit down. The torque can be huge!
    I tried this in a pair of skinny jeans so tight that you could crack a flea on my a$$ and wound up with a fractured femur.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    12-21-14 08:26 AM
    Yeah, I understand why it takes some time.....

BBent - Imgur Here you go.

My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-44bnfif.jpg
    My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-pjfpb5x.jpg
    My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-xxzr1rz.jpg
    My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-s6h9qrl.jpg
    My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-tgnmlmt.jpg
    My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-z2vnqii.jpg
    early2bed likes this.
    12-21-14 08:39 AM
    If you install a leak, and you have problems, it's because you installed a leak and it's all your fault.
    Installing a leak is different. It is you alone who wholeheartedly decided to install a unofficial, unreleased OS on your device. Why would you blame anybody? Ask for possible solution, not "I hate BlackBerry!" or "BlackBerry should fix this, yadda, yadda.."

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    12-21-14 08:52 AM
    Agree... It's got to be defective device. I see everyone try to challenge John Chen to bend the Passport but none of them are succeeded.
    Are you serious? Phones don't bend themselves. Even an iPhone 6+ requires a big amount of torque to bend it. No need to contact amazon or blackberry. User error here.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-21-14 09:19 AM
    12-21-14 09:29 AM
    Are you serious? Phones don't bend themselves. Even an iPhone 6+ requires a big amount of torque to bend it. No need to contact amazon or blackberry. User error here.
    I have evidence to the contrary... what do you have? Aside from a condescending and unhelpful tone.
    12-21-14 09:40 AM
    Passport should be treated like PlayBook, not like the phone, besides any phone can be damaged in jeans.
    Probably using otterbox can save the phone in jeans.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 09:56 AM
    Some people here don't seem to let facts get in the way of their desire to bash other platforms. Same thing applies when it comes to their defense of BlackBerry.

 Posted via CB10 
    I never understand these types of posts. You do realize that you are posting on BlackBerry enthusiast site, right? It's called CrackBerry for a reason. That's not to say that this isn't also a site for casual users, but you shouldn't be surprised that there would be diehard defenders of BlackBerry on site named for diehard users of BlackBerry. A certain level of bias should be expected.
    12-21-14 10:02 AM
    I never understand these types of posts. You do realize that you are posting on BlackBerry enthusiast site, right? It's called CrackBerry for a reason. That's not to say that this isn't also a site for casual users, but you shouldn't be surprised that there would be diehard defenders of BlackBerry on site named for diehard users of BlackBerry. A certain level of bias should be expected.
    But the point is that it's very unhelpful when someone is asking for help regarding an issue they're having. No platform is immune to defects, so it's very frustrating seeing people being bashed by "diehards" because of an issue they're facing. It just doesn't paint the BlackBerry user community in a good light, and that's a shame.
    jmr1015, reeneebob and chflower like this.
    12-21-14 10:07 AM
    Installing a leak is different. It is you alone who wholeheartedly decided to install a unofficial, unreleased OS on your device. Why would you blame anybody? Ask for possible solution, not "I hate BlackBerry!" or "BlackBerry should fix this, yadda, yadda.."

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Wow congrats on cutting part of my quote. Let's break this down so you can comprehend it.

If you have an official operating system, and there's a problem with it, people are telling you to install the latest leak to remedy it.

If you are having a problem with a leaked OS, you're told to put an official os in. It's an endless cycle of douchebaggery anymore.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007, reeneebob and chflower like this.
    12-21-14 10:37 AM
    If you have an official operating system, and there's a problem with it, people are telling you to install the latest leak to remedy it.
    People tell other people that? That's douchbaggery.
    12-21-14 10:45 AM
    I have evidence to the contrary... what do you have? Aside from a condescending and unhelpful tone.
    You don't have evidence to the contrary. You have a bent phone, and your word that you don't recall any incident that would have led to it being so. Insisting that the phone bent on its own, or that you somehow received one where they cheaped-out on design or materials compared to the others, is irresponsible.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on CB10!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-21-14 11:06 AM
    Wow! Like I'm scared to read any other thread on this site now. I guess any thread that says anything other than praising blackberry is just not going to end well. OP sorry this thread turned out this way... again I hope that you get a new phone and that the bending issue does not happen again.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:12 AM
    Wow! Like I'm scared to read any other thread on this site now. I guess any thread that says anything other than praising blackberry is just not going to end well. OP sorry this thread turned out this way... again I hope that you get a new phone and that the bending issue does not happen again.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Such a sad state of affairs around CB anymore. Some of us are critical because we want to see BlackBerry get better and succeed. Apparently that isn't accepted.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 12-21-14 at 01:28 PM.
    12-21-14 11:17 AM
    To the OP - thanks for posting the pics and taking the fire from the die-hards. My guess is that this phone bends like any other depending on size and thickness. The larger and thinner the device is, the more it will be a problem.

Since jeans aren't very forgiving, I'm going to avoid pocketing mine as much as possible - never in the back. I don't think any case short of a metal box is going to do anything to prevent bending.
    BigPlayChad8 likes this.
    12-21-14 11:33 AM
225 ... 56789