Bend it back and be careful from now on.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-20-14 01:35 AM
    Don't carry it in your back pocket.
    12-20-14 02:05 AM
    Turn over...place in back pocket...sit....stand up, pull out. Repeat if necessary.
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    12-20-14 02:13 AM
    There must be some abuse to the device or may be just a one off case. My sympathies are with you . I always keep my passport in my jeans pocket even while driving sometimes but so far have not faced any issues . Please contact your stores and get it sorted out .
    12-20-14 02:48 AM
    Turn over...place in back pocket...sit....stand up, pull out. Repeat if necessary.
    Hahaha this method is legit.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-20-14 07:03 AM
    The OP's son went to use his Passport whilst he was sleeping, and because he couldn't get past the picture lock to use it he bent it in anger! Kids these days 'eh!

; )

Posted via CB10
    BigPlayChad8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-20-14 07:17 AM
    The OP's son went to use his Passport whilst he was sleeping, and because he couldn't get past the picture password lock screen to use it he bent it in anger! Kids these days 'eh!

; )

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:19 AM
    Could the bending or more precisely the warping effect shown on this particularly Passport (and potentially others) be caused by the excessive heat generated and emitted by the device's electronics cpu, gpu etc...? Materials like stainless steel, plastic, carbon fiber are all subject to expansion and contraction as occasioned by changes in operating temperature?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-20-14 07:26 AM
    12-20-14 08:07 AM
    I wonder how careless you have to be to bend a passport, this thing is so rigid.
    12-20-14 08:15 AM
    I wonder how careless you have to be to bend a passport, this thing is so rigid.
    You should have read the whole thread. That is kind of the whole point of this thread. I wasn't careless at all. Still bent.

I don't know how many times I can say the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 09:58 AM
    Have this thread locked?
    yeah because he posted a picture of a problem with a phone that could potentially be very serious.

dumbass.
    mikeo007 and reeneebob like this.
    12-20-14 10:05 AM
    You should have read the whole thread. That is kind of the whole point of this thread. I wasn't careless at all. Still bent.

I don't know how many times I can say the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    I really wouldn't sweat what some of these guys are saying, you have a legitimate concern, and they're trying to lambaste you. simply tell them to shut up.
    keepit dry likes this.
    12-20-14 10:06 AM
    Are you saying it spontaneously bent?

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    This made me laugh. Thanks
    Vintage123 likes this.
    12-20-14 10:52 AM
    yeah because he posted a picture of a problem with a phone that could potentially be very serious.

dumbass.
    Potentially very serious?

Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:06 AM
    Cheap materials and poor engineering. Seems to be the story of the Passport. Good job guys
    12-20-14 11:08 AM
    I really like the phone. I just want a new unbent version. Do you hear me Chen?!

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:23 AM
    Holy crap...that scares me, I just got my passport yesterday

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:24 AM
    What I see here is a bump in the middle of the device with screen and back popping out. And I believe this might explain, as it is barely possible (many tried) to bend the device, even with exagerated force applied. YET, if - say - your battery has "swolled" then it's totally another story as it will modify the "general structure".

Q: Is the device working normally ? what about your battery life ?
    Did you ever used once a non genuine BlackBerry charger, even "for a minute" ?
    12-20-14 11:26 AM
    Cheap materials and poor engineering. Seems to be the story of the Passport. Good job guys
    You.must.be.kidding.
    12-20-14 11:27 AM
    There is no way to bend a passport under normal usage and circumstances, So assuming your telling the truth I think maybe the battery shorted and swelled up. If so send it back to Blackberry right away and get a replacement.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-20-14 12:10 PM
    The passport just bent? Lol.. yeah that's what happened. From looking at OP pic it see obvious a tool was used to bend it. Hey CB can you to do a challenge? Iphone6 vs the passport bend test. What tool can we use to measure the force as in pounds per square inch needed to bend the phones? I know passport users have no fear.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:16 PM
    from the looks of the picture...i would have guessed that you wear tight jeans or pants. But you said you dont wear tight stuff (depending what you call tight)

however, my best guess if it was in your front jean pocket was that you probably were squatting or in a position that tightened the front of your jeans right up. Depending on the position of the phone in your pocket, if your were leaning in a certain direction while squatting or whatever....you would put more then enough force to bend something in your pocket.

I wear baggy (like a relaxed fit or loose fit) jeans...and I have completely bent something out of whack (that wasnt that fragile) by squatting down or whatever I did.
    I forget what the hell it was...but i remember when I had it out I was like how the F$#* did I manage to do that.....then I realized it was because I leaned forward and my jeans were very tight (cuz I was squatted or whatever to stretch the jeans out)

I never put my passport in my front jean pockets for exactly that reason....also cuz its a bit tight to get it in
    Last edited by 2Supra4U; 12-20-14 at 12:56 PM.
    12-20-14 12:35 PM
    I can imagine da dudes at BlackBerry doing a face plam reading this thread lol passport bending haha probably a new feature they missed mentioning at the release -' also bends like the iphone '

Kristoff
    12-20-14 12:59 PM
    The passport just bent? Lol.. yeah that's what happened. From looking at OP pic it see obvious a tool was used to bend it. Hey CB can you to do a challenge? Iphone6 vs the passport bend test. What tool can we use to measure the force as in pounds per square inch needed to bend the phones? I know passport users have no fear.

Posted via CB10
    Obvious a tool was used? Why in the world would I bend my new device?

You people are ridiculous. There is no other damage to the phone. I am still using it to type and post this very message.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:59 PM
225 ... 23456 ...