Believe me or not. I am not here to convince you. There is no other damage on my phone at all except for the bend.

I wouldn't make this up for fun.

Neither Blackberry or Amazon are much help at all. You would think they would try to remedy this situation quickly with all the bad press the iPhone got for bending. They apparently don't care about bad press.
    12-19-14 11:45 AM
    I believe the wide squarish frame is vulnerable to torque. If you twist it, it will bend much more easily.

My Passport bent (seriously) two months after I got it, what should I do next?-passport-design.jpg
    12-19-14 11:49 AM
    I'll admit, looking at mine very closely... one side of it is bent ever so slightly. Which probably explains why my keys are uneven on one side. I'm pretty sure I know when I did that, and I'm fairly certain some great significant force wasn't applied. I think I bumped into something while it was in my pocket. Can't remember now exactly.

Furthermore, since I realize it's something I had done to my Passport myself I realize that I shouldn't expect any compensation from BlackBerry or anyone for that matter. They didn't come bend it secretly while it was in my pocket.

This phone is not invincible as some of you would like to believe.
    12-19-14 11:52 AM
    Have this thread locked?
    Why?
    Because I hardly think you have genuine interest to find out how to resolve this alleged bending incident on a forum. Especially in light of all the incendiary posts about the iPhone 6/6+.

To me, this is just another another attempt to get attention.

If I'm wrong, then please explain what help do you I]genuinely[/I] expect to get from people here about what to do about your Passport bending?
    mk2234 likes this.
    12-19-14 11:58 AM
    I'll admit, looking at mine very closely... one side of it is bent ever so slightly. Which probably explains why my keys are uneven on one side. I'm pretty sure I know when I did that, and I'm fairly certain some great significant force wasn't applied. I think I bumped into something while it was in my pocket. Can't remember now exactly.

Furthermore, since I realize it's something I had done to my Passport myself I realize that I shouldn't expect any compensation from BlackBerry or anyone for that matter. They didn't come bend it secretly while it was in my pocket.

Yeah my screen on the bent side is elevated and won't stay down.

You probably can see it in the picture I posted. I am pretty sure I didn't put some great force on my phone like you said.
    12-19-14 11:59 AM
    If I'm wrong, then please explain what help do you genuinely expect to get from people here about what to do about your Passport bending?
    Regardless of what help he may or may not get, is it at least not worth informing others that it can actually be bent and it is not in fact invincible as others seem to think?

Yeah my screen on the bent side is elevated and won't stay down.

You probably can see it in the picture I posted. I am pretty sure I didn't put some great force on my phone like you said.
    If no one else does, I believe you...

Mines not really damaged enough for me to really care too much, but it is damaged none the less.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-19-14 12:04 PM
    Because I hardly think you have genuine interest to find out how to resolve this alleged bending incident on a forum. Especially in light of all the incendiary posts about the iPhone 6/6+.

If I'm wrong, then please explain what help do you I]genuinely[/I] expect to get from people here about what to do about your Passport bending?
    Maybe someone had a similar issue resolved and could point me in the right direction?
    Maybe people on a blackberry website want to know information about a blackberry?
    Maybe it's nice for blackberry owners to commiserate together.

Also, alleged incident? You didn't see the pictures? It is bent. Nothing alleged about it.
    I have never owned an Android or Apple device, my phone for the last two years was a Windows Phone (Lumia 900 then 920 then 1020).

Look at my post history. One of my last posts where I was thanked 5 times came in defense from a troll of the Blackberry Playbook in 2011 (I own 2).
    qwertyhgfdsa, boi2012 and jmr1015 like this.
    12-19-14 12:07 PM
    I have an xperia z ultra. 6.4 inch screen that is only 6.5mm thick. I keep my phones in my back pocket but do not sit in them. Sometimes I do bend down, kneel, etc that sometimes does put pressure on my phones but in order for them to bend, it would need a good amount if force and pressure.

Either some of the materials used in the passport are of low grade/faulty or people actually do not care for their devices.

But thing is. How is it possible to bend the passport without the screen having at least some cracks.
    12-19-14 12:11 PM
    Maybe someone had a similar issue resolved and could point me in the right direction?
    Maybe people on a blackberry website want to know information about a blackberry?

Also, alleged incident? You didn't see the pictures? It is bent. Nothing alleged about it.
    I have never owned an Android or Apple device, my phone for the last two years was a Windows Phone (Lumia 900 then 920 then 1020).

Look at my post history. One of my last posts where I was thanked 5 times came in defense from a troll of the Blackberry Playbook in 2011 (I own 2).
    This happens way too much. Again sucks this happen to you. You have to be persistent with companies. So keep calling and complaining asking to speak to managers. If you give up on the first try they have an easy victory.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:16 PM
    Keep it in your pocket but flip it in the other way so it may get straitened!!
    BigPlayChad8 and TGR1 like this.
    12-19-14 12:16 PM

Dude, it's because BlackBerry phones do not suffer from faults. Everything is user error, they are perfectly built. You are obviously lying and trying to dismiss BlackBerry products.
    12-19-14 12:17 PM
    Dang. Carry my Z30 in my front pocket. Have all phones, hope they bend that easy.
    12-19-14 12:23 PM
    As opposed to about a dozen other posts that will appear on this thread saying "I don't have that problem with mine"? LOL.
    m1a1mg and mikeo007 like this.
    12-19-14 12:41 PM
    Tight pants will do that.
    Posted via CB10
    IF tight pants could bend low grade aluminum or stainless steel in the Passport, then what else is it Bending or braking??!!! Yikes, Ouch (in Soprano)
    12-19-14 12:43 PM
    I have never saw steel bend on it own.
    12-19-14 12:48 PM
    I have never saw steel bend on it own.
    No one said it spontaneously bent. It bent (clearly) with normal use.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 01:10 PM
    Hahaha, priceless. Statistically the Passport is way more bendable than the iPhone. Where are the haters?
    Ben Bradley 66 likes this.
    12-19-14 01:46 PM
    But thing is. How is it possible to bend the passport without the screen having at least some cracks.
    Gorilla Glass 3 can flex which is different from shatter resistance from impact so I'm not surprised at all the screen is ok.
    12-19-14 01:48 PM

I seem to have noticed the same thing lately - the device never lies completely flat on a flat surface, it tips more to one side than the other if I push on it. If I look closely, it seems to be slightly bent horizontally. Think it may have been from one of the times I've dropped it, or hit the device while it was in my pocket. Don't have any other explanation, as my jeans are all fairly loose and I never use my rear pockets.

Having said that, the phone still functions perfectly, and you couldn't tell it was bent if you didn't look very closely. But there are clearly engineering challenges that need to be addressed in its successor.
    BigPlayChad8 likes this.
    12-19-14 01:57 PM
    I've posted two months ago now an explanation why and how the Passport is likely to bend. Structurally, the construction is rigid along the Y axis. However, along the X axis there is very minimal structural rigidity. The stainless steel beam that runs along the X axis is not a T beam, it's just a thin strip on the top and bottom. Couple this with the width of the phone and pretty much every Passport is guaranteed to experience some bending along the diagonal.

With that said, the picture seems to show a bend along the Y axis, which is structurally the most rigid part of the phone. I don't have an explanation how this happened. Some pressure must have been applied, or perhaps the unit was faulty from the start. I'm not saying the pressure was applied intentionally. It is very possible this happened as a result of the phone being pocketed and then sitting/crouching with it. A lot of pressure can be applied to a specific spot if the device sits just correctly wedged in.

Unfortunately OP, I don't think that this would be covered. It is physical damage and probably impossible for you to prove that you didn't do it. If the bend is minor, perhaps you can bend it back very gently?

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015, m1a1mg and BCLoco like this.
    12-19-14 02:15 PM
    Ha-ha.
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    12-19-14 02:15 PM
    That is amazing. The amount of force that had to be applied to make that happen is pretty huge. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:22 PM
    I'd guess that the y axis weakness was found via torque as others are suggesting, and the phone had rotational force applied in a crouch or even seated position wearing down x axis rigidity causing the y to experience less than standard resistance resulting in weakness along that axis in a significant manner. It seems most width rigidity is based on the flexible phone component structure vs the stainless frame which provides the bulk length (y axis) rigidity. It's possible the passport resisted movement as a result of its wider form bracing against the edges of the pocket (even if they are big pockets, things, especially broad foot printed ones, wedge themselves into bizzare places sometimes) transferring that force against what would've kept it in place (width) in to a torque force being applied laterally, weakening the vertical framing and resulting in a vertical bend in the Passport. As they say, crazy sh*t happens sometimes!

Posted via CB10
    BigPlayChad8 likes this.
    12-19-14 03:57 PM
    I've posted two months ago now an explanation why and how the Passport is likely to bend. Structurally, the construction is rigid along the Y axis. However, along the X axis there is very minimal structural rigidity. The stainless steel beam that runs along the X axis is not a T beam, it's just a thin strip on the top and bottom. Couple this with the width of the phone and pretty much every Passport is guaranteed to experience some bending along the diagonal.

With that said, the picture seems to show a bend along the Y axis, which is structurally the most rigid part of the phone. I don't have an explanation how this happened. Some pressure must have been applied, or perhaps the unit was faulty from the start. I'm not saying the pressure was applied intentionally. It is very possible this happened as a result of the phone being pocketed and then sitting/crouching with it. A lot of pressure can be applied to a specific spot if the device sits just correctly wedged in.

Unfortunately OP, I don't think that this would be covered. It is physical damage and probably impossible for you to prove that you didn't do it. If the bend is minor, perhaps you can bend it back very gently?

Posted via CB10
    Obviously it was something I did, even if it was unintentional. However, I feel as if the phone should not bend that way during everyday and non-extreme use. Blackberry is sending a box for me to send it in for repairs, but won't tell me how much it will be (if anything at all) to repair it. I had to call about 7 different numbers to get someone to talk to and even this leaves me without a phone for more than a week.
    12-19-14 04:05 PM
    I ride a bike every day for 12 KM and with my passport in my yeans and after two months no bending. I also walk at least 1 hour a day and still no bending after twon months and I sometimes sit in the church, at home with friends , with my passport in my yeans pocket and still no bending.

After watching the curve off your Phone something is wrong. It looks nod. you used a tool of a lot of quick force. If it bend slowly at the time like an iPhone 6 (friend of mine) you will see that it bend nicely (Circle wise) , but if you use quick force ( or a worktable with vise) you get a nod likethat on the picture, it's forced with power in my opinion and just not explaining how you dit it or how this happen makes me think that's it's a just false and

tommorow at the store i will try to bend a passport with force (I can push 90 kilo at the gym) , because we have a new passport with water damage.

edit : Friend of mine used an iPhone almost 6 for 1 month and he get a new one, but he swapped it for a HTC M8 because it was bend thanks to cycling, walking and probarly sitting as well . he also wear yeans like me. The HTC still has no problem after 2 months just like my Passport.
    noez92 likes this.
    12-19-14 04:16 PM
225 1234 ...