Pls advise for me one thing: without the unlock code, PP will boot with a VDF logo ? And after inserting the code, PP has a clean BB-ish boot ?
    If the phone is clear of any fingers from operators, then you're my new friend: just buy another one, unlock it, then give me the bank account no. & i'll give you the money for it. I'm in EU, so no other taxes for me.
    Yes, after unlocking there is no operator logo at start up, and didn't noticed any "crapware" in menus.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:22 AM
    10-10-14 08:28 AM
    I'm not saying its a bad phone, it looks pretty good but I love all touch now couldn't go back to Qwerty.

The reason it will fail is, not one of the major Carriers(O2, Vodafone, EE, T-Mobile) are offering it. Sure you can get it through 3rd Parties... Amazon/Carphone Warehouse but realistically how many people will do this?

If it's not on display in the carriers stores then, outside of BlackBerry fans, I can't see them selling a boat load. BlackBerry needs to get this fixed ASAP or UK market share will only get worse.

Posted via CB10
    Technically it's not offered by any carriers in the US (yet) but it's constantly selling out in Shop BlackBerry and Amazon.
    10-10-14 08:40 AM
    This is what I'm talking about, BlackBerry needs to change this.
    While this kind of attitude frustrates me in any situation, not sure "saying they need to change this" means much. Saying they should do "something" is generic and kind of empty. Miuch like the comments last year of "they need to do 'whatever it takes' to get more apps." What should they be doing to solve this very difficult problem?
    gokulesh likes this.
    10-10-14 08:45 AM
    Another one with a crystal ball.

It will fail everywhere according to some of you, but the fact is that it has exceeded even the most optimistic expectations. It is sold out everywhere and even more people is waiting for the device.

Is this a big failure?
    Like I said in the Title, this in my opinion, I'm not claiming to see the future, if you disagree, explain? Instead of just dismissing my 'opinion'.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:28 AM
    While this kind of attitude frustrates me in any situation, not sure "saying they need to change this" means much. Saying they should do "something" is generic and kind of empty. Miuch like the comments last year of "they need to do 'whatever it takes' to get more apps." What should they be doing to solve this very difficult problem?
    Well for starters, they need to advertise the fact that BB10 has absolutely nothing to do with OS7. This should have been done from day one, what would of been so hard about an advertisement that went something like "We Know we fell behind, but now we've caught up, we started fresh with a new OS built from the ground up"

Instead we got "Keep Moving" with allot of people running that didn't even hint at the fact that this wasn't OS7 and this wasn't 2011.

Seriously, the amount of people I know that slate me for owning a BlackBerry because they still think it's like the old Torch, Curve, Bold. I try to explain otherwise, but why should they listen to me when BlackBerry won't even explain it themselves?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 10:06 AM
    I have an opinion, the "Sold Out " words mean no fail. I don't know why somebody open a new thread for this, it should be merged with other similar and so far (the fact that it is being selling higher than expected) wrong opinions.
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    10-10-14 10:53 AM
    I can't work out how you managed this purchase.

My local store doesn't have any in stock and the staff knew little about it. On the Vodafone website it is only for businesses and when I rang and spoke to the business team, they said they had no stock but that it's coming in next week....
    10-10-14 11:13 AM
    Like I said in the Title, this in my opinion, I'm not claiming to see the future, if you disagree, explain? Instead of just dismissing my 'opinion'.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry if I was rude in my answer, but I don't understand how one can be so pesimistic when sales are going so well at the moment. I simply say that figures show that this device is doing very well, even though it is not available globally.
    10-10-14 11:21 AM
    I'm not saying its a bad phone, it looks pretty good but I love all touch now couldn't go back to Qwerty.

The reason it will fail is, not one of the major Carriers(O2, Vodafone, EE, T-Mobile) are offering it. Sure you can get it through 3rd Parties... Amazon/Carphone Warehouse but realistically how many people will do this?

If it's not on display in the carriers stores then, outside of BlackBerry fans, I can't see them selling a boat load. BlackBerry needs to get this fixed ASAP or UK market share will only get worse.

Posted via CB10
    Carriers will be selling it soon. Not sure when but they will

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:29 PM
    Haters go away. Passport + Blend is AWESOME
    10-10-14 01:32 PM
    CPW in central London this week, I went in and there's a Q10 and a Z30 on display so I ask if there's a Passport dummy to look at. He pulls out a battered display model from behind the counter and hands it over, isn't REMOTELY interested in discussing it or trying to sell me the phone.
    He said he's sold 4 of them so far, still has one in stock and the other CPW up the road has 2. Tempted to go in and say they should sell it to me for 200 quid because it's junk and clearly nobody else is going to buy it, reckon that would work?

Posted via CB10
    How do display models get battered in little over 2 weeks?
    Is this a common thing? I'm guessing your saying it's been on display and someone vandalised it?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:47 PM
    I can't work out how you managed this purchase.

My local store doesn't have any in stock and the staff knew little about it. On the Vodafone website it is only for businesses and when I rang and spoke to the business team, they said they had no stock but that it's coming in next week....
    Sorry to hear. I just passing through and seen one on display, walked in and asked if they have any on stock and can I buy one for cash/paying full price. Answer was: Yes. So I did it. Bought it on PAYG, unlocked and using now with Three. End of story. The bigger shop there is more chance they will have it.
    It was in Doncaster Frenchgate Vodafone.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 02:11 PM
    pretty much every major retailer is sold out at the mo. sounds like a failure to me.
    10-10-14 02:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    If it's succeeding in the UK, then your opinion is wrong. Got it?
    10-10-14 02:28 PM
    This is what I'm talking about, BlackBerry needs to change this.

It's all well and good aiming it at business' but at the end of the day, why would Business Men/Woman who aren't Blackberry fans, buy a Blackberry when their friends, family, phone store reps tell them that Blackberry's are no good? They won't. Same Story with Large company's, why would they order 10,000 Blackberry's if all of their employees are screaming for Android/Apple because they have never heard of BB10?

EDIT: To all the guys thinking I'm a BlackBerry hater... I'm not, my last 4 phones have been Blackberry's and I want my next one to be too.

I don't want to see them fail, but unfortunately that's the way I can see them going at the minute

Posted via CB10
    Even the NHS are using entry level Iphones now. They used to use Blackberry curve's, but they have found it is cheaper to run a Iphone's as they don't have to pay for blackberry services every month. I couldn't believe it when my wife started a new job with them and told me all the managers had iphones.
    As for retail, the attitude towards Blackberry, the ignorance and lack of education is shocking. If retailers are telling the public "blackberry is dead" then it will become a self fulfilling prophecy. Like Vodafone only selling the Passport on a business contract, they don't believe the public will be interested in it so they are not going to even try. Why are blackberry even standing for this? And will the same crap occur when the classic is released?
    10-10-14 03:07 PM
    Actually BlackBerry Passport can be bought from Vodafone for just 440 pounds, 420 for phone and 19,99 for unlocking code.
    That's how I have mine, no waiting lists, no queue.
    Much cheaper than CPW and rest of sellers in UK.

Posted via CB10
    Actually last week I bought my passport for 440 uk pounds from mobile phones direct. Me and a few others on here bought it from there for that price..unlocked and delivered all for 440.

Funnily enough price has gone up to 460 uk pounds...demand is very high for this unconventional phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 03:40 PM
    How do display models get battered in little over 2 weeks?
    Is this a common thing? I'm guessing your saying it's been on display and someone vandalised it?

Posted via CB10
    No I don't think it was ever actually displayed, but it was very second hand looking. I suspect the staff had been hammering nails or playing football with it. I put it in my pocket and jokingly said "don't worry I won't walk out with it", and he laughed and said I was welcome to it. The fact is yes it's worthless because it's a dummy, but the inference was that the phone is a joke.
    I didn't waste my breath explaining why it exceeds the iphone on every distinguishable level.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-10-14 05:12 PM
    So just basically walk into a Vodafone store and ask for the passport and pay cash and carry? No contracts or SIM card ?
    10-10-14 07:18 PM
    Actually BlackBerry Passport can be bought from Vodafone for just 440 pounds, 420 for phone and 19,99 for unlocking code.
    That's how I have mine, no waiting lists, no queue.
    Much cheaper than CPW and rest of sellers in UK.

Posted via CB10
    So just basically walk into a Vodafone store and ask for the passport and pay cash and carry? No contracts or SIM card ?
    10-10-14 07:21 PM
    I think the Passport is showing that people want their physical keyboards back... it might be a fail, by sales; for some people, but it's a stepping stone to a much bigger stage.
    10-10-14 08:30 PM
    Could "fail" for the consumer market, though it was intended for the enterprise market.
    This is the bit I don't understand. Isn't BYOD the "norm" now in the business world which means that there really isn't an "enterprise" market to speak of any longer? Everywhere I look, business people are opting to carry a single device and most of the time (90%+) it is a personal device which their work IT department has provisioned with work-related apps and email.

So if BBRY doesn't intend to market their devices to consumers and the general consensus is that BYOD has shrunk the so-called enterprise market to the point of irrelevance, what market is there for Passport or any BB device?
    10-10-14 10:41 PM
    wasnt there a post like this some time ago about the Passport failing in India? Well I guess we will soon have a series..."Where in the world next will the Passport fail"....come on
    toc610 likes this.
    10-10-14 11:14 PM
    This is the bit I don't understand. Isn't BYOD the "norm" now in the business world which means that there really isn't an "enterprise" market to speak of any longer? Everywhere I look, business people are opting to carry a single device and most of the time (90%+) it is a personal device which their work IT department has provisioned with work-related apps and email.

So if BBRY doesn't intend to market their devices to consumers and the general consensus is that BYOD has shrunk the so-called enterprise market to the point of irrelevance, what market is there for Passport or any BB device?
    BYOD is a chimera. Many places don't allow it and those that do still often require management services of which there's only one player. The fact is Android and iPhone are insecure. Those who pay attention already know this and it's only a matter of time until a high profile data breach in a corporate environment educates the rest.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:04 AM
    Actually, I agree with the OP.
    The Passport is an awesome phone with an awesome OS but it's being sold by a company that's full of as*holes.
    I bought my Passport nearly 2 weeks ago from CPW (�529 +�20 SIM) and pretty much immediately it had a battery fault. The battery level would suddenly drop from 90% to 5 or 6 % in a few minutes. The phone would get really hot and I was worried that it was going to catch fire. This happened a couple of times so I called CPW and they weren't familiar with the device so their answer was to return it and swap it out as it was obviously defective.
    I thought, "OK, I can do that but why not contact BB support?"
    Guess what, there's no support number in the UK. They suggest that I have to ask in forums like Crackberry and rely on the kindness of other users to sort out my problems!
    I emailed them for help, week later, still no reply.
    I tweeted them, still no reply.
    Reluctantly I took it back to CPW and they laughed and said sarcastically "wow, another faulty Blackberry" and just refunded me.

As BB are VERY fussy about honouring warranties in the UK, I emailed them and asked EXACTLY who their retailers were in the UK so I could be safe and buy authorised, warrantied product. No reply.
    I called them in Slough (head office) 6 times. On 5 occasions I was put through to voice mail, I left a message and not one of them has had the decency to even call back.
    On the last occasion, I was put through to some chap in 'procurement' who said that the ONLY authorised retailers were Selfridges, CPW, Amazon, Unlocked Mobiles and Expansys, and that if you buy a Passport anywhere else, BB will not warranty it, so you'll have to rely on the company you bought it from to take care of the warranty! (I'm looking at you mobilephonesdirect!)
    So, what if you're brave and actually buy direct from the BB store? Well, if it goes wrong, where do you get help? Their first answer is always "ask your carrier". If you say "I didn't buy from a carrier", they are totally stumped but quickly say, "try the support forums".
    I honestly think that a company that behaves like this needs to fail. They have great product and always have had great product, but are a bunch of arrogant as*holes who have always been arrogant as*holes.
    As for me, I love my Z30. When it fails, I'll throw it in the bin and move on to iOS or Android where they aren't such a bunch of cu*ts.
    Last edited by HomeyJay; 10-11-14 at 04:28 AM.
    10-11-14 04:18 AM
110 12345