Thank you for letting me know about that. I just spoke to O2 on live chat and got told the following, what do people think of this?

This is my OPINION, The Passport will fail in the UK-img_20141019_162735.png

Apparently the phone is coming soon, and the guy I spoke to claimed he was waiting for the same phone. He assured me it is coming on O2 and took my details so they can let me know when it is available?

Great news if so!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jonny-R; 10-19-14 at 03:08 PM.
    10-19-14 10:37 AM
    Thank you for letting me know about that. I just spoke to O2 on live chat and got told the following, what do people think of this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141019_162735.png 
Views:	351 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	307307

Apparently the phone is coming soon, and the guy I spoke to claimed he was waiting for the same phone. He assured me it is coming on O2 and took my details so they can let me know when it is available?

Great news if so!

Posted via CB10
    I had a live chat with O2 before the Z10 release and the girl on there said something very similar. I'm not 100% convinced about what they say on those liveperson doo-dars

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:16 AM
    From speaking to our BB Account Manager, annd our o2 account team, o2 UK have NO plans to range any BB devices at this point in time and that includes any upcoming devices also bear in mind o2 have de-ranged all Blackberry Devices. So i would take with a pinch of salt what live chat are telling you...

I do live in hope this is wrong
    10-19-14 11:52 AM
    How can a phone which is sold out everywhere is on back order for a million devices and the projection for which was maybe a million to be sold is a fail. Its not a toy phone like the iphone or the samsung phones meant for mostly leisure. So I do not think its a fail or going to be a failure. bUT YES i said before and will stick by it that the marketing was sub-optimal. They marketed it where they knew they could not get away with it and that was in India!
    10-19-14 11:59 AM
    From speaking to our BB Account Manager, annd our o2 account team, o2 UK have NO plans to range any BB devices at this point in time and that includes any upcoming devices also bear in mind o2 have de-ranged all Blackberry Devices. So i would take with a pinch of salt what live chat are telling you...

I do live in hope this is wrong
    Cheers for the information. I have seen that you can upgrade your O2 contract directly through the Amazon store. So I can upgrade via Amazon and keep my existing O2 deal by the looks of it. However when I enter my details it isn't yet giving me the option to upgrade. I may have too long left in contract? �105 to pay off my phone plan on O2 Refresh 24months at the minute!
    10-19-14 04:48 PM
    is on back order for a million devices
    Sorry - where did the "million backorder" number come from ...?
    10-24-14 02:34 AM
    I think the OP could have said it a little better, but instead decided to title the thread like a UK tabloid story.

I agree with the sentiment though. It's not convenient for people to pay full retail price online for the Passport, then wait a few days or weeks to get it.

The Passport would do better if it were in carrier stores at subsidized pricing, instead of online only at full price. It's that simple, and see how you can word things to make a point without an explosive title?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 02:41 AM
    I don't think that the passport will fail in London.
    Selfridges and Harrods have it.
    Selfridges has a big big passport corner downstairs

This is my OPINION, The Passport will fail in the UK-img_20141020_184141.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:37 AM
    Well I bought mine yesterday from Carphone Warehouse, so there's another happy BB customer.
    10-24-14 05:05 AM
    I don't think that the passport will fail in London.
    Selfridges and Harrods have it.
    Selfridges has a big big passport corner downstairs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141020_184141.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	308960

Posted via CB10
    Nice display for the product, god I wish we had that type of display here in the USA at Best Buy or T-Mobile corporate stores if them and Blackberry will ever kiss and make up. I have never had a device that every time I take it out of my pocket to check my messages, folks look at it and say "what the hell is that" and are really intrigued by the built quality and functionality of OS10 and especially the screen which just lights up big and bright. Blackberry has a winner here and needs to capitalize on it.
    zmsox likes this.
    10-24-14 05:40 AM
110 ... 345