This thing is incredible to read things on. I don't need to use the iPad anymore

Posted via CB10
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    10-09-14 05:58 PM
    Actually BlackBerry Passport can be bought from Vodafone for just 440 pounds, 420 for phone and 19,99 for unlocking code.
    That's how I have mine, no waiting lists, no queue.
    Much cheaper than CPW and rest of sellers in UK.

Posted via CB10
    Did you walk into a store and buy one direct? If so, which one if you don't mind me asking?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:03 PM
    This thing is incredible to read things on. I don't need to use the iPad anymore

Posted via CB10
    I totally concur. BlackBerry is getting its groove back.
    10-09-14 06:30 PM
    Im a consumer and I want one. So stop talking for consumers, because you are not writing on my behalf.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:38 PM
    How do you define success? They are not trying to compete with the iPhone.
    10-09-14 06:46 PM
    I wonder if anyone has tried Pacemaker on their Passport??? Oh and I think your opinion may just be wrong.
    There are no wrong opinions sonny boy. Therefore, his opinion is correct, just as much as yours. My opinion just validates this rule.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:37 PM
    Actually BlackBerry Passport can be bought from Vodafone for just 440 pounds, 420 for phone and 19,99 for unlocking code.

Posted via CB10
    What do you pay for your tariff? Are you on sim only tariff? Pay as you go? Or 12 month sim only? And what do you get? Minutes etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    10-09-14 11:34 PM
    The other week, I was in CPW in Cheshire Oaks. I asked one of the young girls where the Passport was, she just smiled (the kind that is holding back a laugh) and said "we don?t sell BlackBerry's". There actually wasn't a single BlackBerry on display in there.
    To add insult to injury, last week I went into me local Orange shop, just to enquire if they also sold EE contracts. The girl in there couldn't be more helpful until the point where she asked what handset I wanted. When I told her I wanted a BlackBerry, she said what do you want one of them for they are crap. She mentioned the curve, I said the curve is old hat the new BB10 phones run android apps. She says, do they? Yes, I said don't you even know this, and you work in a phone shop. In the end she told me she would rather a customer walked out the door the she sell them a blackberry.
    The current attitude towards BlackBerry from retailers is shocking. I looked on O2s website this morning, no blackberry's at all. It's not just the passport that is going to fail, it's BB10, it's like the are being forced out of the market, which is a shame because BB10.3 is great and it just keeps getting better with each update.

Posted via CB10
    Jonny-R likes this.
    10-10-14 02:17 AM
    Yes. I walk into store in Doncaster Frenchgate, ask salesman if I can buy one without contract, he sold me one on PayAsYouGo without any problems. Loaded PAYG card with 20 pound credit (credit! - no freebe something-thats very important). Filled form online for unlocking code and wait. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    George Jenkinson likes this.
    10-10-14 03:09 AM
    There are no wrong opinions sonny boy. Therefore, his opinion is correct, just as much as yours. My opinion just validates this rule.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, we've gone from a world where everyone has the equal right to their opinions to a world where everyone's opinion is equally right. Sorry, an opinion can be proved wrong.
    George Jenkinson and MGDania like this.
    10-10-14 03:51 AM
    Going to give this a go myself. Was there any talk about business user?
    10-10-14 04:10 AM
    A little encouragement for you...I went into the 3 CPW shops in Aylesbury and in each, the staff knew about the Passport and seemed relatively well informed, but not perfectly so. None though, carry stock (yet) although they offer to get them in to order. One store had a BBRY display with Z30, Q10 and Q5 out and above it was the PP display and it had a dummy phone behind the counter...

Just a shame they don't hold stock and don't give BBRY much time.
    10-10-14 04:23 AM
    I'm not saying its a bad phone, it looks pretty good but I love all touch now couldn't go back to Qwerty.

The reason it will fail is, not one of the major Carriers(O2, Vodafone, EE, T-Mobile) are offering it. Sure you can get it through 3rd Parties... Amazon/Carphone Warehouse but realistically how many people will do this?

If it's not on display in the carriers stores then, outside of BlackBerry fans, I can't see them selling a boat load. BlackBerry needs to get this fixed ASAP or UK market share will only get worse.

Posted via CB10
    I bought my last 5 phones through CPW. According to official numbers, about 10 million people buy their phones on contract through CPW every year.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    link, please?!
    10-10-14 04:40 AM
    The other week, I was in CPW in Cheshire Oaks. I asked one of the young girls where the Passport was, she just smiled (the kind that is holding back a laugh) and said "we don?t sell BlackBerry's". There actually wasn't a single BlackBerry on display in there.
    To add insult to injury, last week I went into me local Orange shop, just to enquire if they also sold EE contracts. The girl in there couldn't be more helpful until the point where she asked what handset I wanted. When I told her I wanted a BlackBerry, she said what do you want one of them for they are crap. She mentioned the curve, I said the curve is old hat the new BB10 phones run android apps. She says, do they? Yes, I said don't you even know this, and you work in a phone shop. In the end she told me she would rather a customer walked out the door the she sell them a blackberry.
    The current attitude towards BlackBerry from retailers is shocking. I looked on O2s website this morning, no blackberry's at all. It's not just the passport that is going to fail, it's BB10, it's like the are being forced out of the market, which is a shame because BB10.3 is great and it just keeps getting better with each update.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I'm talking about, BlackBerry needs to change this.

It's all well and good aiming it at business' but at the end of the day, why would Business Men/Woman who aren't Blackberry fans, buy a Blackberry when their friends, family, phone store reps tell them that Blackberry's are no good? They won't. Same Story with Large company's, why would they order 10,000 Blackberry's if all of their employees are screaming for Android/Apple because they have never heard of BB10?

EDIT: To all the guys thinking I'm a BlackBerry hater... I'm not, my last 4 phones have been Blackberry's and I want my next one to be too.

I don't want to see them fail, but unfortunately that's the way I can see them going at the minute

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:03 AM
    CPW in central London this week, I went in and there's a Q10 and a Z30 on display so I ask if there's a Passport dummy to look at. He pulls out a battered display model from behind the counter and hands it over, isn't REMOTELY interested in discussing it or trying to sell me the phone.
    He said he's sold 4 of them so far, still has one in stock and the other CPW up the road has 2. Tempted to go in and say they should sell it to me for 200 quid because it's junk and clearly nobody else is going to buy it, reckon that would work?

Posted via CB10
    George Jenkinson likes this.
    10-10-14 05:20 AM
    CPW in central London this week, I went in and there's a Q10 and a Z30 on display so I ask if there's a Passport dummy to look at. He pulls out a battered display model from behind the counter and hands it over, isn't REMOTELY interested in discussing it or trying to sell me the phone.
    He said he's sold 4 of them so far, still has one in stock and the other CPW up the road has 2. Tempted to go in and say they should sell it to me for 200 quid because it's junk and clearly nobody else is going to buy it, reckon that would work?

Posted via CB10
    You've nothing to lose!
    10-10-14 05:32 AM
    Going to have a crack, will let you know what happens. Going in with an offer of 150 quid plus a few old handsets for recycling

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:33 AM
    Look forward to hearing you've been successful. If it works, may try it myself!

Going to have a crack, will let you know what happens. Going in with an offer of 150 quid plus a few old handsets for recycling

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:54 AM
    Really hope O2 doesn't drop BlackBerry, I don't want to move carrier but wouldn't have a choice in that case.
    Oh they will at some point, it's almost a 100% certainty.

The reason for this is that their parent company, Telefonica, has signed all manner of deals with Microsoft relating to Office 365 and Windows Mobile, they now use both of these platforms internally and to be frank want their customers on them as well (they must make commission from it ?).

We keep getting changed from one O2 account manager to another, again and again, and the one thing I can guarantee is that each one of them knows diddly squat about BlackBerry and I have to start again from scratch with them.
    10-10-14 06:05 AM
    link, please?!
    Won't give you any "link" my friend.
    I can give you reading lesson: read all I just written about it, and priceless advice: move your *** to Vodafone shop.
    No hard feelings.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:57 AM
    Oh they will at some point, it's almost a 100% certainty.

The reason for this is that their parent company, Telefonica, has signed all manner of deals with Microsoft relating to Office 365 and Windows Mobile, they now use both of these platforms internally and to be frank want their customers on them as well (they must make commission from it ?).

We keep getting changed from one O2 account manager to another, again and again, and the one thing I can guarantee is that each one of them knows diddly squat about BlackBerry and I have to start again from scratch with them.
    Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pls advise for me one thing: without the unlock code, PP will boot with a VDF logo ? And after inserting the code, PP has a clean BB-ish boot ?
    If the phone is clear of any fingers from operators, then you're my new friend: just buy another one, unlock it, then give me the bank account no. & i'll give you the money for it. I'm in EU, so no other taxes for me.
    10-10-14 07:16 AM
    Another one with a crystal ball.

It will fail everywhere according to some of you, but the fact is that it has exceeded even the most optimistic expectations. It is sold out everywhere and even more people is waiting for the device.

Is this a big failure?
    10-10-14 07:41 AM
    Could "fail" for the consumer market, though it was intended for the enterprise market.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    It just is not the device to be bought by people who walk into a mall and haggle all day long.
    The fact that it is mostly on back order everywhere shows BBRY fully anticipated this.
    Strong initial sales must be treated with caution, the Z10 taught us this.
    BBRY is not going to risk another inventory write down. Not anytime soon and carriers are right to be nervous/sceptical.
    That said the Passport is still sort of rolling out.
    Therefore "Pass" of "Fail" is to early to say.
    10-10-14 08:15 AM
110 1234 ...