I'm not saying its a bad phone, it looks pretty good but I love all touch now couldn't go back to Qwerty.

The reason it will fail is, not one of the major Carriers(O2, Vodafone, EE, T-Mobile) are offering it. Sure you can get it through 3rd Parties... Amazon/Carphone Warehouse but realistically how many people will do this?

If it's not on display in the carriers stores then, outside of BlackBerry fans, I can't see them selling a boat load. BlackBerry needs to get this fixed ASAP or UK market share will only get worse.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:03 PM
    Could "fail" for the consumer market, though it was intended for the enterprise market.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:06 PM
    Could "fail" for the consumer market, though it was intended for the enterprise market.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose if they can get big enough company's to order a lot of them, but individual business men shop at the same phone stores as we do?

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-09-14 01:08 PM
    The Passport is available through Vodafone's business plans on contract. That's the targeted audience for the device. Sucks but that's the way it is. O2 have all but dropped blackberry support it would seem. Not sure on the other carriers but guessing it's somewhat similar.

Although if you look at the resellers (CPW, Selfridges, Amazon, Shop BlackBerry etc). They're all selling out before they even get devices in. I spoke to MobilePhonesDirect before placing my order and they were saying the demand for the device was amazing.

If you remember. The original iPhone was exclusive to O2, that didn't stop people getting it

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:08 PM
    The Passport is available through Vodafone's business plans on contract. That's the targeted audience for the device. Sucks but that's the way it is. O2 have all but dropped blackberry support it would seem. Not sure on the other carriers but guessing it's somewhat similar.

Although if you look at the resellers (CPW, Selfridges, Amazon, Shop BlackBerry etc). They're all selling out before they even get devices in. I spoke to MobilePhonesDirect before placing my order and they were saying the demand for the device was amazing.

If you remember. The original iPhone was exclusive to O2, that didn't stop people getting it

Posted via CB10
    Really hope O2 doesn't drop BlackBerry, I don't want to move carrier but wouldn't have a choice in that case.

Time will tell I suppose! Don't get me wrong, I hope they announce 10,000,000 Passport next time around but that's unrealistic I know.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:10 PM
    Really hope O2 doesn't drop BlackBerry, I don't want to move carrier but wouldn't have a choice in that case.

Time will tell I suppose! Don't get me wrong, I hope they announce 10,000,000 Passport next time around but that's unrealistic I know.

Posted via CB10
    You can usually get an O2 contract with a new blackberry via Carphone Warehouse. That's how I got my upgrade to the Z30 via O2. And got an unlocked device to boot!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 01:12 PM
    Just don't forget that John Chen said he didn't plan to sell 100's of millions of phones. He said he'd be good just to sell 10,000,000 across their whole line up in a year. What would be a fail for other large device makers could very well be a very big win for BlackBerry.

Also, don't overlook the numerous people trying to desperately get their hands on one.
    10-09-14 01:47 PM
    You can usually get an O2 contract with a new blackberry via Carphone Warehouse. That's how I got my upgrade to the Z30 via O2. And got an unlocked device to boot!

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that's what I did. CPW 60 Quid up front, 28 pounds a month on O2 24 month with unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 1Gb data. You do the maths. Good deal? I should coco!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    10-09-14 02:05 PM
    And this baby's unlocked out of the box!

10-09-14 02:05 PM
    Vodafone uk offer the passport on a business contract, CPW will give it you on any contract I believe, the audience in the UK that want it will get it, with that and the immanent classic release Blackberry should slowly gain more support from carriers world wide, At the end of the day blackberry has a good chance to gain more momentum.

I'm also sure their next all touch device will be great!

Ps I'm loving my passport, picked up my Z30 today and it felt way to skinny....

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:11 PM
    Yep, that's what I did. CPW 60 Quid up front, 28 pounds a month on O2 24 month with unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 1Gb data. You do the maths. Good deal? I should coco!

I've never looked at the their deals to be honest, but that's pretty cheap! I always thought it would be more coming from 3rd party for some reason?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:12 PM
    People will go out there way to get this device if they want it. The people that do will be exclusive and will love them.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:13 PM
    From what I'm reading. BlackBerry have done another "Pearl". They've made a business device. It has the features a consumer would expect from a device but it's being targeted towards enterprise and business users. However consumers are scrambling to get on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd settle for 5 million at this point, but only time will tell.
    10-09-14 02:14 PM
    It's a bit early for England (or India) to declare the phone a flop. First of all, what does "fail" mean for BBerry and for the Passport? By Apple standards, sure, but by and for their own needs, it's doing very well thus far. Personally I would have agreed when it first came out. But then it hit strong, and friends in my biz -- where I see at least 80% legacy BBerry -- reminded me that they can touch type without looking on a real keyboard and cannot with virtual. Reuters reports that there are still about 50 million people world wide on legacy BBerry devices. So, Passport isn't a stupid move.
    10-09-14 02:23 PM
    I also believe that the device will not sale since it is targeting a specific audience and channel.

Posted with my Passport #workwide
    10-09-14 02:25 PM
    I've never looked at the their deals to be honest, but that's pretty cheap! I always thought it would be more coming from 3rd party for some reason?

Posted via CB10
    CPW have always been competitive, but thats the best deal I could find for the passport. They also do the same tariff but nothing up front for 38 pounds a month. If you work it out, paying the 60 up front is better.

10-09-14 02:35 PM
    I suppose if they can get big enough company's to order a lot of them, but individual business men shop at the same phone stores as we do?

Posted via CB10
    You don't think big businesses really shop in store, do you?

I'm not talking about small business with just a few employees.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 02:57 PM
    Then why are they sold out online?
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    10-09-14 03:14 PM

I would do that.. but sadly CPWH does go with Three?
    10-09-14 03:25 PM
    You don't think big businesses really shop in store, do you?

I'm not talking about small business with just a few employees.

Posted via CB10
    That was my point? If big businesses bought enough directly from BlackBerry it might not be so bad, but that's a big 'If'.

I only said Individual Business 'Men' shop in store.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 03:46 PM
    Think you should clarify failing. If you're talking from an average consumer point of view then yes, perhaps. But this handset isn't being aimed at those people, nor do the majority of them want it. And that's fine.

But for business and power users (as they're often referred to as) I don't think the phone be a flop. Like others have already said, look how difficult it has been to get hold of them. Vodafone clearly think it's worth selling as they are selling exclusively to business users. So there must be some demand for it at least.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:07 PM
    I'm not saying its a bad phone, it looks pretty good but I love all touch now couldn't go back to Qwerty.

The reason it will fail is, not one of the major Carriers(O2, Vodafone, EE, T-Mobile) are offering it. Sure you can get it through 3rd Parties... Amazon/Carphone Warehouse but realistically how many people will do this?

If it's not on display in the carriers stores then, outside of BlackBerry fans, I can't see them selling a boat load. BlackBerry needs to get this fixed ASAP or UK market share will only get worse.

Posted via CB10
    Iphone started with only one carrier, no?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 04:53 PM
    I wonder if anyone has tried Pacemaker on their Passport??? Oh and I think your opinion may just be wrong.
    10-09-14 05:00 PM
    Actually BlackBerry Passport can be bought from Vodafone for just 440 pounds, 420 for phone and 19,99 for unlocking code.
    That's how I have mine, no waiting lists, no queue.
    Much cheaper than CPW and rest of sellers in UK.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 05:43 PM
110 123 ...