This may considered general BlackBerry discussion but the passport is the 1 of 3 phones I am looking to buy in Sept or Oct.

The question I am pondering is with the new direction BlackBerry is taking to get their focus back on the business/corp world, will we find a very efficient but "cold" phone.
    I am not a tween who needs to be on every social com app out there but there are several apps I would like to use. I am talking about an upgrade over what is currently available out there for BlackBerry.

Would the Passport fill the "fun side" as well as the efficient side in the buyer? I know there is the new deal with Amazon apps (not too sure what they offer).
    As for looks, the screen, the physical keyboard, all things I love and I am drawn to in this phone. But perhaps I fall out of the segment for who this phone is marketed for.

Bonus question: are we going to be stuck with BlackBerry maps again? Praise it all you want, I find it a terribly functioning app.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 09:46 AM
    With the Amazon deal bringing their AppStore to BlackBerry 10 devices, and SNAP's ability to download apps from Google play... there has never been a better time to own a BlackBerry for 'fun'.

BeMaps Pro is a good mapping alternative to BlackBerry Maps. I have that on my Z30 as well as install Google Maps from SNAP...

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 09:52 AM
    The classic for sure and the passport, well....if att has it I will check it out and get a feel for it.

Sent from another device other than my Q10 ,using CB Forums
    07-23-14 09:56 AM
    I am still hoping for more native apps coming to BlackBerry, and actually official ones.

Yes, the choice is probably getting better with the Amazon app store but it's still not really satisfying. It would just be great if developers would finally accept BlackBerry as a platform that is alive and growing.

Thing is, if people don't buy BlackBerry phones because of said reasons, this point will never change.

And yet, the Passport could be a great phone for multimedia and social networking.
    07-24-14 02:16 AM