This week, twice my A key stopped working on my white OG Passport. The first time it wouldn't do anything, but a reboot restored it. Today when I hit it, it wouldn't produce a letter but would instead select the entire sentence I just typed and my next letter strike would then, of course replace the whole selected sentence. A reboot again fixed the problem.

My phone has been kind of prone to freezing and stuttering lately, I've also been taking it outside with me the last month or so while gardening and using my saws. Anyone else with a similar problem? The fix with reboot makes me think it's a software glitch, however, I can't ignore the possibility of dirt in the keyboard somewhere.

Anyone know how the keyboard behaves with debris stuck under the keys?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 07:14 PM
    Just a guess on my part but it does sound more like a debris situation to me. Have you tried canned air to blow out the keyboard?
    06-17-16 08:24 PM
    Just a guess on my part but it does sound more like a debris situation to me. Have you tried canned air to blow out the keyboard?
    I will go buy some and try it. Kind of a tight spot to try to clean with air though. Worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 09:17 PM
    Use a paper to slide through the keyboard. That's how I clean my keyboard. Hope this work for you. More, can try a factory reset (which might solve the root of the problem), my Q10 once had the same problem.

Via my 4yo Q10
    06-18-16 01:40 AM