Coming from the 6 plus to the Passport I had a few questions and among them were, what is the gym experience going to be like??

While some may say it's absurd to carry a phone as large as an iPhone 6 Plus or a Passport into the gym with them, I don't think it is personally...
    To be honest, I kind of like the Passport better in the gym. The 6 plus fit snug in my pocket but the Passport fits better. I haven't compared weight of the devices but I can tell the Passport weighs more. I also keep my Passport in the hard shell case.

When using the elliptical I no longer have to keep the phone sideways to prevent it from falling off the stand like I did with the iPhone. The Passport sits up there with no issues whatsoever. On another note, my beats pro bluetooth workout headphones are much louder on the Passport than iPhone and the signal length for bluetooth is better. The only feature Apple has the Passport beat in in terms of bluetooth connectivity with the headphones is that on the screen where it tells the time, there is also a battery meter beside it dedicated to the Beats Bluetooth headset. I have another set of Beats as well and it does the same. But that's nothing to fret over.

An advantage the iPhone might have are the apps. The importance of working out is essentially built into iOS.....there are all kinds of features to help you critique your workout routine, nutrition, blood pressure, etc. BLACKBERRY DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING CLOSE TO THAT.....but I also asked myself how much do you rely and use that? Answer is slim to none...nice wow factor ability but not much. Does BlackBerry have anything to bring to the table here?

I can run easier with the Passport in my pocket vs. The iPhone 6 plus. In addition, the Passport fits better in zipped jacket pockets than the iPhone 6. While it does leave an outlining of the phone in your pocket it is definitely doable and not annoying in my opinion.

I'm not trying to convince anybody that workout with the Passport is the greatest thing on earth. I'm just posting this to inform people that it is possible to workout with a Blackberry Passport in a way that is painless and won't compromise your purpose of going to the gym or going for a run.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GLTruesdale; 02-04-15 at 11:57 AM.
    devin266, Serkle K, hpjrt and 5 others like this.
    02-04-15 09:25 AM
    Thanks for sharing your observations. I share the same concerns as you do. In my mind I'm thinking one of the upcoming Blackberries will make going to the gym a little more pleasurable.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:54 AM
    I always put my phone in the phone slot that's on the elliptical's at my gym - maybe you need to request that for yours lol. It holds the water bottle on one side and the phone on the other. I use bluetooth headset too so I don't need to carry it. On the treadmill I either put it in the phone slot (again these are new machines) or on the older machines just on the shelf as there are 2 - one side for the water, one side for the phone. I use the book holder for my tablet to read
    02-04-15 09:59 AM
    Thanks for the post!

I also workout with my Passport. I've actually been using it as my workout device since I got it in October.

I find the weight keeps the phone from falling out of the short pocket.

I use a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headphones for the gym. They pair perfectly with the Passport.

I stream music using Spotify and it works great! I am able to control the volume and change tracks on the headphones.

Like the OP said... the Passport is a good workout companion!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:19 AM
    I'm more of a workout-from-home guy... so when I'm doing weights or resistance band training I'll just open up Slacker and turn it up! When I'm in the gym (which has been less lately) I'd usually put my tablet on the treadmill or elliptical (if it fit) and just turn on a movie. I'm not one for fitness apps - I get decent enough results without them.
    02-04-15 10:27 AM
    I must say my best workout phone has been the curve since it's so small it also fits my cross fit pocket and I've had all play lists macroed to the pkb and thanks to my Augustus 650 the phone is loud enough.
    02-04-15 10:45 AM
    Forgot to add that the reason the phone is sitting up on the elliptical or bike s because I always watch a movie or show when I'm on those kind of machines.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 11:57 AM
    I have these zipped pockets on this hoodie I wear during workouts. I keep my Passport in one of those pockets and never have a care in the world. I do get a lot of looks when I pull it out but that's so awesome about the Passport, it's so exclusive!

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    Attached Thumbnails My gym experience with the Passport after owning a 6 plus-img_20141204_180102.jpg  
    02-04-15 12:03 PM
    I use beats bluetooth headset and don't worry about the phone fitting in a pocket

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 12:48 PM
    Coming from the 6 plus to the Passport I had a few questions and among them were, what is the gym experience going to be like??

While some may say it's absurd to carry a phone as large as an iPhone 6 Plus or a Passport into the gym with them, I don't think it is personally...
    To be honest, I kind of like the Passport better in the gym. The 6 plus fit snug in my pocket but the Passport fits better. I haven't compared weight of the devices but I can tell the Passport weighs more. I also keep my Passport in the hard shell case.

When using the elliptical I no longer have to keep the phone sideways to prevent it from falling off the stand like I did with the iPhone. The Passport sits up there with no issues whatsoever. On another note, my beats pro bluetooth workout headphones are much louder on the Passport than iPhone and the signal length for bluetooth is better. The only feature Apple has the Passport beat in in terms of bluetooth connectivity with the headphones is that on the screen where it tells the time, there is also a battery meter beside it dedicated to the Beats Bluetooth headset. I have another set of Beats as well and it does the same. But that's nothing to fret over.

An advantage the iPhone might have are the apps. The importance of working out is essentially built into iOS.....there are all kinds of features to help you critique your workout routine, nutrition, blood pressure, etc. BLACKBERRY DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING CLOSE TO THAT.....but I also asked myself how much do you rely and use that? Answer is slim to none...nice wow factor ability but not much. Does BlackBerry have anything to bring to the table here?

I can run easier with the Passport in my pocket vs. The iPhone 6 plus. In addition, the Passport fits better in zipped jacket pockets than the iPhone 6. While it does leave an outlining of the phone in your pocket it is definitely doable and not annoying in my opinion.

I'm not trying to convince anybody that workout with the Passport is the greatest thing on earth. I'm just posting this to inform people that it is possible to workout with a Blackberry Passport in a way that is painless and won't compromise your purpose of going to the gym or going for a run.

Posted via CB10
    Easy solution don't carry the Passport device with you. Use a bluetooth stereo device for tunes. I use a Sony mw600 and am really happy as the bt range is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    GLTruesdale likes this.
    02-04-15 12:49 PM
    I use the Seidio Surface combo case with belt clip when I'm at the gym. Works great! I used to carry the passport in my pocket before getting the case but it always felt like it was gonna fall out. I have Monoprice bluetooth headphones aswell which are flawless for gym use.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:19 PM
    I agree with OP. These fitness apps are certainly more for the wow factor. The hard truth is, you still have to run that 30 min on a treadmill and a fitness app won't help make the task easier

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 09:26 PM
    I agree with OP. These fitness apps are certainly more for the wow factor. The hard truth is, you still have to run that 30 min on a treadmill and a fitness app won't help make the task easier

Posted via CB10
    They do help taking and sharing though.
    02-05-15 09:32 PM
    My Passport is an excellent companion when I'm doing 12oz curls.

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    02-05-15 10:00 PM
    Phone stays in the locker at the gym. No music. No apps. No distractions.

Lol though, I haven't actually been to the gym in quite a while
    02-05-15 11:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just go outside for a 30 min run.

Back on topic,

I use a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headphones for the gym. I'm on my second pair since December (they are very durable, the first one was chewed apart by my rabbit!).

It's great because I have always had problems with earbuds staying in my ear. These stay put and are great for in the gym and great for running too. I just put my Passport in my short's pocket and control the tunes with my headphones.

Plantronics Backbeat Fit & BlackBerry Passport are a great combo.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    02-15-15 08:05 AM
    Nice and blurry, haha

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 10:03 AM
    Thanks for the post!

I also workout with my Passport. I've actually been using it as my workout device since I got it in October.

I find the weight keeps the phone from falling out of the short pocket.

I use a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headphones for the gym. They pair perfectly with the Passport.

I stream music using Spotify and it works great! I am able to control the volume and change tracks on the headphones.

Like the OP said... the Passport is a good workout companion!

Posted via CB10
    [Changing Spotify tracks with headphones] TEACH ME

Posted via BlackBerry Passport in sunny San Diego
    02-15-15 11:15 AM
    [Changing Spotify tracks with headphones] TEACH ME

you need to be on 10.3.1
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-15-15 11:46 AM
    Damn. Okay thanks for your help!

02-15-15 12:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi op! I'm a top personal trainer, nutritionist and strength & conditioning for sports down here in mexico.

I've ordered passport and I will let u know how it goes!!

But z30 does good job.

I would love passport since I can manage and view documents easily.

Z30 STA-5.
    02-15-15 01:16 PM
    Just go outside for a 30 min run.

Back on topic,

I use a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Fit Bluetooth headphones for the gym. I'm on my second pair since December (they are very durable, the first one was chewed apart by my rabbit!).

It's great because I have always had problems with earbuds staying in my ear. These stay put and are great for in the gym and great for running too. I just put my Passport in my short's pocket and control the tunes with my headphones.

Plantronics Backbeat Fit & BlackBerry Passport are a great combo.

Posted via CB10
    Only thing I didn't like about the backbeat fit was the low volume. Even at the highest setting the volume was just too low for me. Exchanged for a second pair and had the same issue. After researching it online it seems to be a known problem with them that Plantronics doesn't seem to want to acknowledge. I do agree though they are very comfortable and fit really well in the ear. I wish the volume would have been better and I would have kept them.
    02-15-15 07:14 PM
    Only thing I didn't like about the backbeat fit was the low volume. Even at the highest setting the volume was just too low for me. Exchanged for a second pair and had the same issue. After researching it online it seems to be a known problem with them that Plantronics doesn't seem to want to acknowledge. I do agree though they are very comfortable and fit really well in the ear. I wish the volume would have been better and I would have kept them.
    volume seems fine to me. not sure how loud you turn your music? did u try updating the headphone firmware?
    02-18-15 05:00 PM
    I use my passport with a JBL bluetooth headset and works great. The phone fits in my pocket and that's it

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 05:09 PM
    Yesterday at the gym I was doing leg presses with my passport in my pocket and it still didnt fall out! I was impressed. I cant say the passport has got in the way of my gym experiances and thats after 2.5 weeks of weilding a passport in the gym
    02-18-15 05:35 PM
28 12