Hello,

I have the silver edition, and I wonder if metal frame degrades the GPS performance even more. The GPS is so poor that it gives a wrong location with high confidence or a very large diameter of 500+ meters, on native "Maps" as well as Google Maps. It is poor indoors and outdoors. Even the weather app can't locate me

Is there a way to fix this if it is a software issue?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AGhaz; 11-09-19 at 12:43 PM.
    11-09-19 12:27 PM
    Hello,

I have the silver edition, and I wonder if metal frame degrades the GPS performance even more. The GPS is so poor that it gives a wrong location with high confidence or a very large diameter of 500+ meters, on native "Maps" as well as Google Maps. It is poor indoors and outdoors. Even the weather app can't locate me

Posted via CB10
    I’m assuming you mean besides replacing the phone? You have the same Passport SE that everyone here swears as greatest device since the sword or the pen.

If GPS isn’t a problem for all the other device owners, then your device is having different hardware or software issues.
    11-10-19 09:44 AM
    Hello,

Posted via CB10
    I sometimes get flaky GPS signal on my Q10. I find running Google Maps (6.1.4) "bumps" the GPS a bit and I get locked into a signal more quickly. Hello GPS (native app available in BlackBerry World) is also worth checking out.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-19 09:56 AM
    There is a small guide which could help you but unfortunately in german:
    https://www.blackberrybase.net/showt...076#post822076
    Paulelmar18 and AGhaz like this.
    11-11-19 08:30 AM
    There is a small guide which could help you but unfortunately in german:
    https://www.blackberrybase.net/showt...076#post822076
    Thank you Winnertrack! I followed the instructions and GPS has improved very much.

BBVE showed that test only detects 3 to 6 satellites close to my window; but after step 4, it detects 7 to 13 satellites.
    11-12-19 02:12 AM
    You have the same Passport SE that everyone here swears as greatest device since the sword or the pen.
    LOL! I like your sarcasm.
    However, I do love my Passport SE and I don't think I will replace it soon unless Passport II is released with Blackberry 11.
    11-12-19 02:23 AM
    I sometimes get flaky GPS signal on my Q10. I find running Google Maps (6.1.4) "bumps" the GPS a bit and I get locked into a signal more quickly. Hello GPS (native app available in BlackBerry World) is also worth checking out.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for pointing out to "Hello GPS" as I can now use my compass. But can I still use compass outside the app natively, like Google maps? I'm new to Blackberry 10.
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-12-19 02:27 AM