Hey guys,
    I bought my first blackberry passport yesterday,earlier I was using an iPhone, have to say that this is a beast of a machine regret that I didn't give blackberry a shot before. The main reason I switched to the passport is because of the really good battery back-up, but the my phone seems to have an issue with the battery because it only shows 7 hours remaining when my phone is fully charged plus the battery drains really fast for a 3000+mah battery phone. My seller promised that he would take back the phone is anything comes up with in 2 days. I'm posting the battery status along with this post. Please help me find out if there is an battery issue with my phone, I am using latest blackberry OS.
    Thank you very much.

My first BlackBerry (Passport), seems to have an issue with the battery life.-img_20160315_181452.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:17 AM
    A new Passport will need a few days for the battery to settle in.

Did you install any apps?
    03-15-16 09:23 AM
    Also change the cable, if u can get Lenovo tablet charge u won't regret! Now I'm really enjoying my passport. Battery last more then before!

Black OG Passport 
    03-15-16 09:35 AM
    Your screen and system are very high. Try this: swipe down from top to open Settings ->Display->reduce screen brightness & screen time out to 5 min.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 09:39 AM
    It's not a brand new one it's opened but unused phone. Only app I installed is whatsapp native

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:31 AM
    Whenever an update is installed there can be a couple of warm ups and high use by the system before it settles down. Like a Defrag. Reboot every couple of weeks.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    03-15-16 11:35 AM
    Go to app permissions and turn off...run in background and run when minimised options....this will reduce the system consumption...and avoid using lots of android apps... plus...install android runtime...this will help you to uninstall unwanted android apps....good luck!!

Posted via CB10
    CherokeeMarty likes this.
    03-15-16 11:37 AM
    Give it a few days after you get all apps installed and have stopped toying on it making settings to your liking.

I had the same issue on a brand new Passport before, but come the third and fourth day I was like wow! Killer battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-15-16 06:02 PM
    Give it a few days after you get all apps installed and have stopped toying on it making settings to your liking.

I had the same issue on a brand new Passport before, but come the third and fourth day I was like wow! Killer battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Was that the same experience for the 7 replacements as well?
    03-15-16 07:35 PM
    Was that the same experience for the 7 replacements as well?
    I believe what your referring to is off topic for this thread.
    If you'd like to talk about those you can go visit one of those threads and comment there.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 09:14 PM
    Did you check to see what processes are running in the background? If you suspect a serious problem call BlackBerry support while still under warranty to get the replacement process started.

Posted via Passport Running 10.3.2.2876
    03-15-16 10:12 PM
    I stopped toying around with it like two days back,still the battery remaining shows 9 hours after a full charge.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 12:37 AM
    There is no single android app too

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 12:39 AM
    I stopped toying around with it like two days back,still the battery remaining shows 9 hours after a full charge.

Posted via CB10
    Give. It. Time.
    03-18-16 02:07 AM
    You have to reduce brightness level, also do turn off on some apps which run background.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 07:21 AM
    Let me try giving it sometime, plus almost all useless are turned off

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 09:07 AM