Hello,

Just purchased a new Passport at a great price and just found out that I am needing to do some type of updates/downloads to even get the Passport to work (as in making and receiving calls.)

New to the whole download and install stuff besides of clicking a button and the app downloads and hit install and all is good. From what I read it is not that easy to get my Passport up and working. Can anyone help me with a step by step guide to getting my Passport up and running? Please and thank you.

If there is already a guide for new users if someone can post a link or guide me in the right direction I would much appreciate it. My first step is stopping into my local AT&T store and getting a nano SIM card as my SIM card is way to big to fit in this little slot.

I look forward to jumping into the BlackBerry world and thank everyone for their help and time. While not a big tech guy I get by so please keep this in mind when explaining the how to and what for.

As for what I want to do with my Passport? Calls, text, and very little else. No games at all.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-05-18 02:12 AM
    You come to the party late. But with your needs, it is good choice.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    MB64 likes this.
    01-05-18 02:42 AM
    If it's just for calls and texts, you're good to go. Not sure why you have to download anything to make/receive calls. All you need now is to have your sim card replaced with the correct size. Once you insert the simcard, the Passport will automatically detect AT&T's network.
    01-05-18 03:48 AM
    01-05-18 05:46 AM
    Welcome aboard!

Posted via CB10
    01-05-18 06:49 AM
    Hello,

Just purchased a new Passport at a great price and just found out that I am needing to do some type of updates/downloads to even get the Passport to work (as in making and receiving calls.)

New to the whole download and install stuff besides of clicking a button and the app downloads and hit install and all is good. From what I read it is not that easy to get my Passport up and working. Can anyone help me with a step by step guide to getting my Passport up and running? Please and thank you.

If there is already a guide for new users if someone can post a link or guide me in the right direction I would much appreciate it. My first step is stopping into my local AT&T store and getting a nano SIM card as my SIM card is way to big to fit in this little slot.

I look forward to jumping into the BlackBerry world and thank everyone for their help and time. While not a big tech guy I get by so please keep this in mind when explaining the how to and what for.

As for what I want to do with my Passport? Calls, text, and very little else. No games at all.
    The best BB10 Os smartphone there is! Amazing device!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-05-18 03:57 PM
    You come to the party late. But with your needs, it is good choice.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    So after Dec 31 2019 my Passport will be USELess? Can't use BBM and Even to make a phone call? Can someone clarify or confirm this please? I knew bbworld will be shut down, but what is the difference, I cant buy any apps from bbworld right now anyway. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-18 05:17 PM
    So after Dec 31 2019 my Passport will be USELess? Can't use BBM and Even to make a phone call? Can someone clarify or confirm this please? I knew bbworld will be shut down, but what is the difference, I cant buy any apps from bbworld right now anyway. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You will still be able to make a phone call, text and email. Pretty much everything else is a question mark.
    01-05-18 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    You really shouldn't have bought this phone lol
    MB64 likes this.
    01-13-18 10:19 PM
    December of 2019 is FAR away man.

Don't worry. Something wil come and will be the natural follower.

I would wish I had for every other thing in my life so much time to look and to decide.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-14-18 04:21 AM
    ^Very well said @royal_black
    01-14-18 06:16 AM
    OP when you get a new blackberry 10 device, the setup is easy turn it on and follow the instructions. Updating the operating system is part of that process and unfortunately it is almost unavoidable but once updated and a short tutorial on swiping gestures, you are good to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 09:43 AM
    chances are you wont get the latest OS OTA.
    you want it. use an autoloader.

Posted via CBX
    01-16-18 09:09 AM