So, I decided with many thanks to CB member for offering up the stackable $125 coupon. I ordered the red limited edition on Saturday morning and it was at my door via FedEx on Tuesday (it was a holiday in Ontario on Monday). Fast shopping? WOW that's fast...

I spend the evening configuring stuff and getting read for use. I don't have a microsim yet, so it will be a few days before I will fully transfer over.

First, my current phone is the 9900. I had bought a z10 for my mom to use. I am already somewhat familiar to BB10 OS. There is a bit of a learning curve coming from 9900 to Passport. The missing ALT roll, I found myself pressing the missing key.

There are several things I really like about the Passport.
    - the red on black - AMAZING contrasting colour!
    - speaks... played a youtube video and is LOUD. I think it's louder then my bold
    - sharp screen...
    - i can write Chinese!! the bold required archaic stroke entry or cangjie typing

I found one thing that is interesting. I remember there were people complaining about the square screen. Here's what I found...
    - Movie... so what there's those black bars... if you watch any movie on TV, the black bar appears anyway, I find this gives me more of a theatrical feel then then z10/samsung/apple flipped on its side
    - speaking of flipping on it sides, whether you're right handed or left handed... flipping the phone on its side makes the webpage scrolling experience with the keyboard that much more awesome. i can hold the phone with one hand and just scroll the website with my thumb on the keyboard!! I am sure this is not new... but I love it.

Even though I like this phone, there was actually 1 thing that is the killer... the apps.
    Since Facebook/Twitter/Skype is already pre-installed... it's the other app that I use is missing... my bank app, TD is missing... Maple Leafs and Raptors app is missing... and The Weather Network's WeatherEye is missing (I don't like accuweather). I haven't looked through snap yet but those basic apps...

Overall, I still like it. And the good news, I think I will like it even more when I start actually using it. I posted a pictures and my coworkers have already when "what is this? it's beautiful"
    02-18-15 07:59 PM
    Congrats! I love the scrolling using the keyboard when rotated screen. Awesome feature.

Posted via CB10
    bold007 likes this.
    02-18-15 08:11 PM
    Get yourself Snap installed so you can browse most Google Playstore apps to find those you need.

Search this forum for the tips and Tricks thread...it has some awesome things in it.

This Passport takes me places!
    02-18-15 08:33 PM
    Where do you download snap? I'm in the BlackBerry world app thingy and can't see anything.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:36 PM
    Where do you download snap? I'm in the BlackBerry world app thingy and can't see anything.

Posted via CB10
    It's not in BBW. It must be sideloaded

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

Via CB Running Gold Candidate PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-18-15 08:39 PM
    CrazyJo,

First off, welcome to the Red Passport club! I'm absolutely sure you'll come to love this device (If you haven't already), and you will find that this monster will garner a bit more attention than most devices haha.

Secondly as for your apps... TD is on BlackBerry World, I have it on my Passport. It isn't formatted properly to the Passport(Future Update will fix it), but it is majorly still usable.

My evening with the Blackberry Passport-img_20150218_213807.png

TML and Raptors mobile are not on BlackBerry World, but they are on SNAP, same thing for the Weather Network app.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:40 PM
    Sideload snap, do a search

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-18-15 08:40 PM
    So, I decided with many thanks to CB member for offering up the stackable $125 coupon. I ordered the red limited edition on Saturday morning and it was at my door via FedEx on Tuesday (it was a holiday in Ontario on Monday). Fast shopping? WOW that's fast...

I spend the evening configuring stuff and getting read for use. I don't have a microsim yet, so it will be a few days before I will fully transfer over.

First, my current phone is the 9900. I had bought a z10 for my mom to use. I am already somewhat familiar to BB10 OS. There is a bit of a learning curve coming from 9900 to Passport. The missing ALT roll, I found myself pressing the missing key.

There are several things I really like about the Passport.
    - the red on black - AMAZING contrasting colour!
    - speaks... played a youtube video and is LOUD. I think it's louder then my bold
    - sharp screen...
    - i can write Chinese!! the bold required archaic stroke entry or cangjie typing

I found one thing that is interesting. I remember there were people complaining about the square screen. Here's what I found...
    - Movie... so what there's those black bars... if you watch any movie on TV, the black bar appears anyway, I find this gives me more of a theatrical feel then then z10/samsung/apple flipped on its side
    - speaking of flipping on it sides, whether you're right handed or left handed... flipping the phone on its side makes the webpage scrolling experience with the keyboard that much more awesome. i can hold the phone with one hand and just scroll the website with my thumb on the keyboard!! I am sure this is not new... but I love it.

Even though I like this phone, there was actually 1 thing that is the killer... the apps.
    Since Facebook/Twitter/Skype is already pre-installed... it's the other app that I use is missing... my bank app, TD is missing... Maple Leafs and Raptors app is missing... and The Weather Network's WeatherEye is missing (I don't like accuweather). I haven't looked through snap yet but those basic apps...

Overall, I still like it. And the good news, I think I will like it even more when I start actually using it. I posted a pictures and my coworkers have already when "what is this? it's beautiful"
    TD, Maple Leafs and Raptors are all available in BlackBerry World. I have TD and Maple Leafs installed currently on my Passport and I had Raptors installed but I deleted it a little while ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:43 PM
    I am sure its a nano sim & not a micro sim the passport takes!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:46 PM
    TD, Maple Leafs and Raptors are all available in BlackBerry World. I have TD and Maple Leafs installed currently on my Passport and I had Raptors installed but I deleted it a little while ago.

Posted via CB10
    Are the TML and Raptors apps that you're seeing and have from BlackBerry World official from MLSE? I'm not seeing anything if that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:47 PM
    Are the TML and Raptors apps that you're seeing and have from BlackBerry World official from MLSE? I'm not seeing anything if that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they're official. Although, they may be from my backup from my Z30 as when I go to BlackBerry World > My World > My Apps & Games > Installed > desired app it shows as "Unavailable for this device"

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:35 PM
    Yes they're official. Although, they may be from my backup from my Z30 as when I go to BlackBerry World > My World > My Apps & Games > Installed > desired app it shows as "Unavailable for this device"

Posted via CB10
    Oh okay that makes a lot of sense. Well hopefully MLSE makes their apps compatible with the Passport in a future update.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:45 PM
    CrazyJo,

First off, welcome to the Red Passport club! I'm absolutely sure you'll come to love this device (If you haven't already), and you will find that this monster will garner a bit more attention than most devices haha.

Secondly as for your apps... TD is on BlackBerry World, I have it on my Passport. It isn't formatted properly to the Passport(Future Update will fix it), but it is majorly still usable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150218_213807.png 
Views:	1588 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	334461

TML and Raptors mobile are not on BlackBerry World, but they are on SNAP, same thing for the Weather Network app.

Posted via CB10
    I already like the phone... I can't wait to switch over!

Posted via CB10
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    I did search but it says not supported for the device... I will research SNAP on loading it properly... otherwise it's old fashion apk file via bluestack...

I am sure its a nano sim & not a micro sim the passport takes!

Posted via CB10
    You're probably right but I know my current sim wont fit!

The wait to use the Passport is killing me... lol
    02-19-15 03:36 PM
    well... installing Snap was easier then I thought.... I previously had DDPB already installed for Playbook... and open... enter IP... find file... install aaand done!

Just installed TD and it is fullscreen... only negative is the annoying ad... oh well...
    installed WeatherEye.... and works full screen!

Let the fun begin!
    02-19-15 06:16 PM
    installed all my major apps from snap... it was a snap (pun intended)

they do load full screen... with the exception of cineplex
    MTBBguy likes this.
    02-19-15 07:17 PM
    You can get full google play store now. Snap is outdated
    02-19-15 08:31 PM
    You can get full google play store now. Snap is outdated
    oh? where can I get the info?

So, I finally got around to getting the nano sim card... even without the sim I had been playing with the phone when I got home. There's only ONE tiny thing that bothers me so far... Twitter... I can't get my new tweet notification. And I kinda dislike the Twitter ver 10 layout. I kinda like the old ver 5.0 on the BBOS...

Maybe it's just me. I do like to have twitter notify me of new tweets every 30min but the BB10 version only have mentions for notification.
    03-02-15 09:15 PM
    Congrats C-Jo....welcome to the Passport world.
    03-02-15 09:18 PM
    found the link to google play... will need to digest...

thank geok... actually, I had purchased a z10 for my mom to use but i wanted to keyboard... but at first I wasn't fond of the passport until I saw my friend with one. It was "oh damn, should not have judge you."

I also saw the Classic dummy phone... that also look real nice too!
    03-02-15 09:26 PM
    If your android app doesn't fit well on the square screen, pull down from top bezel and select size - zoom, full or rectangle - whichever fits best.

Passport to a w - i - d - e world
    03-02-15 09:49 PM
    Try these BlackBerry World links for Raptors and Leafs apps. These are the official apps. They work on my Q10 and support push notifications. It's possible they're not available for the passport because of the screen resolution.

Raptors Mobile http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18560989

Maple Leafs Mobile http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18561329

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2267 | Bell | via CB10
    03-02-15 09:58 PM