I have only encountered one pdf file that I couldn't open. It was in a new format, and the BB10 OS at the time hadn't been updated for it yet. So I spent $2 on Qpdf app, and it opened perfectly. Try saving the pdf attachments and opening them with Qpdf. I believe there is a free trial version.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    03-11-15 11:40 AM
    After owing a Z10, Z30, Q10 and Passport. Here's my list of what I hate about BB10

1. not a thing

Posted from my Perfect Passport
    RazzBerry and wikison like this.
    03-11-15 12:41 PM
    Only thing I hate are hatters of nothing... this is a great platform and my passport even better than the rest of the crop...

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 01:01 PM
    Tried to download the jpeg. Same problem.

Yes it is a png because I made Screenshot of the faulty jpeg.

I use emails from apple. @mac.com is my adress.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 03:07 PM
    My guess is that the fault lies in the interaction between BB10 email and Apple .mac server.

BlackBerry has been updating the ActiveSync code over time.

From the little I know in doing beta testing and working through most BB10 phones and leaked OS versions and iOS and Android devices is that nobody follows the specifications properly.

Depending upon who you can complain to, Apple probably isn't always responding the way that BlackBerry wants when asking to transfer attachments. I doubt much can be done except switch to another email provider.

Behind the scenes, sophisticated email is extremely complicated and riddled with bugs.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 06:00 PM
    My guess is that the fault lies in the interaction between BB10 email and Apple .mac server.

BlackBerry has been updating the ActiveSync code over time.

From the little I know in doing beta testing and working through most BB10 phones and leaked OS versions and iOS and Android devices is that nobody follows the specifications properly.

Depending upon who you can complain to, Apple probably isn't always responding the way that BlackBerry wants when asking to transfer attachments. I doubt much can be done except switch to another email provider.

Behind the scenes, sophisticated email is extremely complicated and riddled with bugs.

Posted via CB10
    Could be an Apple thing then dear Sir.

Since I had the issue not only my Q10. Also when I rocked a Z30! Now I remember.

Thanks for clarifying that. Well, I do have the Apple Mail for many years. Don't wanna skip the .mac account. Though I am tempted to change. But which email provider is bestest?

Oh and by the way.

4) everyday I get the notification to type my password for my Mac account.

Whatever that means. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:19 AM
    Yes, use a restored backup. But in my opinion that faulty pictures and pdfs hint to a broken micro sd or intern memory. If your using a micro sd to store photos from whatsapp and pdfs from emails then try to replace your memory card. If this is not the case try to get a replacement of your passport before the problem worsens!!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 06:25 AM
    Could be an Apple thing then dear Sir.

Since I had the issue not only my Q10. Also when I rocked a Z30! Now I remember.

Thanks for clarifying that. Well, I do have the Apple Mail for many years. Don't wanna skip the .mac account. Though I am tempted to change. But which email provider is bestest?

Oh and by the way.

4) everyday I get the notification to type my password for my Mac account.

Whatever that means. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Outlook.com is an excellent email service. It will host and sync with your @mac.com account, nobody will ever know that you switched. You will need to set up your existing email address as an alias in Outlook.com, and then all emails sent from Outlook will have your @mac.com address listed as the From: address.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    wikison likes this.
    03-12-15 06:46 AM
    Hi, I use a mac.com mail account which I easily setup with my Passport. This setup appeared to be working however attachments never downloaded fully and/or were unreadable. I switched to a setup using the Icloud.com address (old mac.com addresses have an Icloud.com alias) and the issues disappeared entirely.
    The issue was very puzzling but luckily somebody at CB had the same problem. The BlackBerry Passport documentation also points out that the OS can setup an Icloud account automatically but does not mention anything about legacy accounts from Apple like mac.com or me.com.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    03-12-15 07:01 AM
    Thanks for helping me out, Sir.

I do have a Mac. So everytime when someone sends me his/her Jpeg I can't see on my BlackBerry I must check at my Mac. There, I can see them perfectly. Same with PDF's.
    IF I am reading this right it is an ios problem. Read this and see what you think. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6144536
    03-12-15 07:21 AM
    My complaint after two yrs of BB10 is
    "Where is the home button!?"
    03-12-15 07:55 AM
    Where are you saving the files you download (pdfs and jpgs)? If you save them to your SD card, try downloading them directly to your PassPort's internal storage and see if it's still unreadable.

If you send someone else the unreadable pdf/jpg as an attachment (pick the file you downloaded to your PassPort, don't forward the original file you received) can that person open the file? If they can then it seems like a software problem on your PassPort. If they can't, it seems like a file storage (internal or SD) problem.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-12-15 08:40 AM
    At one time, Apple computers encoded their emails slightly different from other computer systems.
    The difference could cause attachment files sent from an Apple computer to become "unreadable" if the receiving computer didn't have an email client with access to the format Apple used.
    If I remember correctly, it was a difference of one bit.
    Modern email clients should not have this issue, but to double check see what the encoding format is listed as in the header of the emails.
    View Full Headers and look for a line like: " Content-Transfer-Encoding: "
    And post what is listed after the colon.
    undone likes this.
    03-12-15 08:42 AM
    I've also never seen said jpeg or pdf issues. Not in two years on bb10. How long has this been happening? Multiple devices? After an OS wipe?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:56 AM
    Where are you saving the files you download (pdfs and jpgs)? If you save them to your SD card, try downloading them directly to your PassPort's internal storage and see if it's still unreadable.

If you send someone else the unreadable pdf/jpg as an attachment (pick the file you downloaded to your PassPort, don't forward the original file you received) can that person open the file? If they can then it seems like a software problem on your PassPort. If they can't, it seems like a file storage (internal or SD) problem.
    I am very stunned by all your kind answers and the passion to help me out.

My very dear Sir. Where can I see where my passport download the attachments? I would like then to save them on the passport directly. Any idea where I can take action? Could be also my SD card?

Again, a slight strange problem. I remember being angry because I receive those faulty JPEGs and sometime PDFs are faulty too. Not all. But nearly all JPEGs on my BlackBerry.

I will check the above link to the Apple discussions from the lad! Will check that out.

Again to all you ladies and gents: A big thanks! Shows how a community should be. I hope I can help you guys out one day.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-12-15 10:01 AM
    That looks like a corrupted image. I once had an SD card that would start corrupting my saved pictures. They started to look like the one you posted. I wonder if something my be wrong with the device memory or software. I would reinstall the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 10:28 AM
    Hi, I use a mac.com mail account which I easily setup with my Passport. This setup appeared to be working however attachments never downloaded fully and/or were unreadable. I switched to a setup using the Icloud.com address (old mac.com addresses have an Icloud.com alias) and the issues disappeared entirely.
    The issue was very puzzling but luckily somebody at CB had the same problem. The BlackBerry Passport documentation also points out that the OS can setup an Icloud account automatically but does not mention anything about legacy accounts from Apple like mac.com or me.com.

Dear gentlemen! Because so many have encouraged me, I just heard you guys.

I backed up my device via BB Link. 2) I made a security wipe from my Passport! 3) I put my back up on my freshly reloaded BB Passport! 4) Instead of putting the [email protected] adress I used [email protected] as an Email Adress!

So I tested again: From my Googlemail Account (mostly for spam or registration) I sent myself again my test picture of my sunglasses to my [email protected] account and BOOM!

The JPEG is now perfectly on my Passport !!!!!!!! !!!!! I feel PUMPED UP now.

The bad part is when I answer the mail, the recipient reads @icloud.com instead of @mac.com

But I think I must live with that. Now PDF and JPEGs are perfectly!

Again, thanks for the motivation for helping me out here. Now my BB is back in business again! Thanks for making me smile you all Sirs!! Bless you guys.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    03-12-15 01:20 PM
    And just for the sake of curiosity.

I deleted the iCloud Account and signed my .mac.com Mail adress again. Sent a JPEG from Googlemail. And there we go: Corrupted and faulty Jpeg. You can see only the half. Second test JPEG wasn't even shown. Just an icon of a JPEG.

It is very sad. So basically I was having 2 years an Email Adress which was faulty from Apple, because they treat old legacy .Mac users bad.

So when I set up iCloud, everything perfectly! Guys, I must say thank you! I really thought I have a faulty SD card, Blackberry, etc.

Can you imagine the hassle you are going through? I do business and everytime it was bogus game.

I think I must trash my 7 year old beloved and unique .Mac Mail-adress And use iCloud. Well, thnak you Apple. What a shame. and I thought it was BlackBerrys fault.

I forget who gave me the iCloud hint! Thank you lad!

Case closed!
    03-12-15 01:29 PM
    Glad the mystery has been solved. What a great example of people helping each other and all from a thread starting out with a completely different original starting reason.

BTW, as one person suggested and I'll support also: Outlook.com is one of the best free email systems. It is one of the only free ones that can sync Email, Contacts, Calendar and Tasks to just about every device (not sure about a Mac).
    03-12-15 02:12 PM
    What do I hate about BB10?
    I find it disappointing I cant save Apps to the SD card but what I truely hate is the useless FM radio that will not work without a mobile data connection. What is the point of having an FM radio that will not tune a station unless it can use a mobile data connection to get a list of local stations? It wont even allow you to use the seek function manually. Not even a wifi connection will work instead.
    Simply a stupid concept and no more useful than an iphone. (which has no fm radio) My old 9320 Curve on BBos has a great working fm radio btw. As does my adroid phone.
    03-12-15 02:50 PM
    And just for the sake of curiosity.

I deleted the iCloud Account and signed my .mac.com Mail adress again. Sent a JPEG from Googlemail. And there we go: Corrupted and faulty Jpeg. You can see only the half. Second test JPEG wasn't even shown. Just an icon of a JPEG.

It is very sad. So basically I was having 2 years an Email Adress which was faulty from Apple, because they treat old legacy .Mac users bad.

So when I set up iCloud, everything perfectly! Guys, I must say thank you! I really thought I have a faulty SD card, Blackberry, etc.

Can you imagine the hassle you are going through? I do business and everytime it was bogus game.

I think I must trash my 7 year old beloved and unique .Mac Mail-adress And use iCloud. Well, thnak you Apple. What a shame. and I thought it was BlackBerrys fault.

I forget who gave me the iCloud hint! Thank you lad!

Case closed!

Before you trash that account, see this:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

One of the popular fix listed is to "rebuild your mailbox"
    03-12-15 02:50 PM

. and I thought it was BlackBerrys fault.
    It's never BlackBerry's fault
    03-12-15 03:12 PM
    Before you trash that account, see this:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

One of the popular fix listed is to "rebuild your mailbox"

Friend.

No chance. I read the entire thread, rebuilt my mailbox. No chance.

I am a James Bond guy. I want solutions and never give up So I tried it, tested it. But still: Using @mac.com adress will bring me faulty jpegs and PDFs on my Blackberry.

So I unfortunately must use @icloud.com or maybe outlook, since many users here are fine with that.

It is kind of sad, because my mail address was unique. But [email protected] ??? iCloud?

Don't get me wrong. I don't like Iphones or Ipads. But I love Macs. They are the best when you work with graphic design software.

But I see. This week-end I must decide whether to drive with that silly sounding icloud address or going all new with outlook.

I use the Mail app on my mac. So there will be work, telingl people, that I have a new eMail address and also going through evernote, banking, facebook telling them I have a new mail address for login!

BUt maybe thats life. Full of changes. I am very disappointed by Apple, since many .Mac users had the same issues (mostly on their computers and iMac, etc.).

Do you guys know if outlook works good on my Mail app from Apple?
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-12-15 04:36 PM
    Fistmaster, I can relate to the situation you describe. Here we had our office mail and hosting with Apple since few years ago. We have been affected every time Apple discontinues or changes a service, being Iweb or mac.com or others. In the case of Icloud.com addresses, they include aliases for mac.com and me.com, so you will not lose mail. Now, the change of the address itself is a PIA, maybe is time to look for a solution that won't depend on Apple's too much.

03-12-15 07:31 PM
    Fistmaster, I can relate to the situation you describe. Here we had our office mail and hosting with Apple since few years ago. We have been affected every time Apple discontinues or changes a service, being Iweb or mac.com or others. In the case of Icloud.com addresses, they include aliases for mac.com and me.com, so you will not lose mail. Now, the change of the address itself is a PIA, maybe is time to look for a solution that won't depend on Apple's too much.

jpoq, yeah iWeb and mac.com. Don't start with that. It was perfect and then they CRUSHED iWeb. Then they changed the cool .Mac addresses to me.com. And then they SLASHED the me.com into icloud.com

I made a research and you have the regular crime partners: outlook, aol, yahoo and gmail, etc. Someone took already my name at outlook. lol!

Maybe I will stay at Apple with that pathetic sounding "icloud". I am just used to its mail app on my Macbook. And to be honest: I just can't get along with anything with Microsoft and its brand. I was at outlook.com and watched the video! Yuck! Not my pie.

I will keep it simple. I will keep [email protected]. Though the idea is great, jpoq! Losing the dependance from Apple. I bet 100 bucks! Next year they will SLASH icloud and introduce applemail.com. You get the idea
    03-12-15 07:59 PM
79 1234