Guys,

as some may know I have a Passport right now. A happy camper. Of course I started with the powerful Q10. Remember when the FIRST leaked photo came up here on Crackberry and its reactions?

I had great times with it! Then I bought the Z30 in December 2013. And now the Passport.

Over the years there have been some bugs which I still hate. I would know what you think about it.

1) My Blackberry is First a productivity horse. No farts apps, games or SIDELOAD stuff. So sometimes it happens, that I receive a picture via Email. Problem: The picture is cut in half with green strange lines . Sometimes I receive an error message and I can't open the picture.

2) Same problem when someone sends me a PDF. Some PDF's I can't open. I get an error message. Very unnecessary when it comes to business. "What? You can't read my PDF? Can't see the JPEGs I sent you? I thought you have a BlackBerry?"

3) On the great hub, when I want to create a message, I type the action button "create". On the next screen you see the options you have along with its icons like text message, Email. BBM, etc. I use whatsapp a lot. Unfortunately there is no green whatsapp icon I used to know from the 10.2. version. All I see is an Email icon for creating a whatsapp message, next to the real Email icon to create an Email. It is annoying. Why isn't the Whatsapp Icon at the hub anymore? See picture for example:

Other then that, I am perfectly happy with the evolution of BlackBerry. I don't need any SIDELOAD apps, nor did I downloaded 1 app from Amazon store, since they drain the battery I heard. I have everything I need out of the box and I am very proud of owning a BlackBerry.

There are only these 3 thing I really hate on my BlackBerry. As stated, many PDFs or JPEGs I can't open. So I must open up my computer to see them. And this can't be, because I need it for my business.

I would appreciate any help on these issues. Or better: What are you hating on your BlackBerry and is there a solution for it?

Thanks in advance.
    03-10-15 03:22 PM
    PDF and images..... seems like a transmission error. Is it just on your device or in Outlook as well?

I never encountered that error.... sending many attachments per week...

I am too jaded to go over the little things that annoy me since I usually get used to them.... it's the best Platform for my needs and most quirks I can live with, just like the random messages that my email account identity could not be verified when I am hopping between WLAN with an SSL Proxy and mobile.......

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, coloibarra and diegonei like this.
    03-10-15 03:34 PM
    PDF and images..... seems like a transmission error. Is it just on your device or in Outlook as well?

I never encountered that error.... sending many attachments per week...

I am too jaded to go over the little things that annoy me since I usually get used to them.... it's the best Platform for my needs and most quirks I can live with, just like the random messages that my email account identity could not be verified when I am hopping between WLAN with an SSL Proxy and mobile.......

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for helping me out, Sir.

I do have a Mac. So everytime when someone sends me his/her Jpeg I can't see on my BlackBerry I must check at my Mac. There, I can see them perfectly. Same with PDF's.
    03-10-15 03:59 PM
    It might help if you made available a pdf file and a jpeg file that you can't read for others to try.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    brian4591 and diegonei like this.
    03-10-15 04:04 PM
    Fistmaster, I open PDF's on a daily basis without issue. I have service manuals on my SD card and on my desktop computer, which I access daily. Also my suppliers often send quotes, invoices and statements through email and these open without fail. Not sure why you are having problems.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    03-10-15 04:08 PM
    Fistmaster, I open PDF's on a daily basis without issue. I have service manuals on my SD card and on my desktop computer, which I access daily. Also my suppliers often send quotes, invoices and statements through email and these open without fail. Not sure why you are having problems.

I am happy you fine Sir. I also don't understand why I am having these issues for a long. Same with Jpegs.

PDF: Sometimes I can open up some. But many I receive an error message and I can't open them. And this on a BlackBerry. I shake my head sometime.

JPEG: As stated, when my buddy send me JPEGS I get only the half. It is like you have a modem and the JPEG downloads very slowly and in the middle it stops. It has some strange green lines.

So I head to my Mac and don't stress myself out with the Blackberry. I have no clue why I do have these issue. Had them also on my Q10.
    03-10-15 04:12 PM
    Try another pdf reader to troubleshoot.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39670893

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 04:19 PM
    Hope you manage to get it sorted, good luck Sir!

03-10-15 04:21 PM
    It might help if you made available a pdf file and a jpeg file that you can't read for others to try.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Good idea. Lol.

So this is a Jpeg (a car) I wanted to sell online. Look at this please! And on my Mac I can see it perfectly

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:21 PM
    I've never seen that problem with JPEGs or PDFS, emailed, TXT or stored on my device or memory card.

I've never had a Z30 so I don't know. Are you using the same SIM? Maybe try a replacement SIM?

� Working WIDE � T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267 � Updated using Sachesi to 10.3.1.2280 Flickering Gone �
    03-10-15 04:22 PM
    Okay,

I guess this is not my day, fine Sirs.

I tried to share one Jpeg here via my passport, but even that won't work out. And don't worry, I allowed the CB app for using my pics

But I will put online via my Mac from my Mail app. Just a second.
    03-10-15 04:23 PM
    Your attachments aren't showing

torco3 likes this.
    03-10-15 04:24 PM
    send us via e-mail the attachment that you are not able to open with your BlackBerry. I work at an international company and have 8k items in my mailbox. I've never experienced such an issue. I'm just curious.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:27 PM
    Okay. Since I can't upload the faulty Jpeg here on the CB app, I made a Screenshot from the pic. Lol.

And this is what it looks like when I receive jpegs via Email.
    IMG_20150310_222708.png

Posted via CB10
    torco3 likes this.
    03-10-15 04:28 PM
    I have had no problem opening PDF or Word docs or Pictures on both my Q10 & Passport. I think there may be an issue with your specific phone or as someone stated with the Sim card? Is it possible an issue with your service company & their Data plan? I love how the BB10 runs so fast that these files take no time to DL. I hope you figure it out as that is a shame to not be able to use as you need!
    03-10-15 04:29 PM
    That's funny, when I refreshed this page the picture you attached was showing as a blank icon and then instead of loading the pic, the icon disappeared

03-10-15 04:30 PM
    I have had no problem opening PDF or Word docs or Pictures on both my Q10 & Passport. I think there may be an issue with your specific phone or as someone stated with the Sim card? Is it possible an issue with your service company & their Data plan? I love how the BB10 runs so fast that these files take no time to DL. I hope you figure it out as that is a shame to not be able to use as you need!
    I know. I have no clue. I use mostly WLAN at home. I wanted to sell a car online for my friend. I told to make some pictures so I can put it online. He sent me 5 Jpegs. All faulty on my Passport. But on my Mac Laptop perfectly.

PS: What a great community here. Helping a man out just touches my heart! Thanks gentlemen!
    brian4591 likes this.
    03-10-15 04:31 PM
    Have you tried a full wipe and reload of OS?

03-10-15 04:32 PM
    Test

My definite list of what I hate about BB10 after 2 years-img_20150310_222708.png

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 04:32 PM
    Have you tried a full wipe and reload of OS?

No my friend. But I might do that.

Should I put my backup after the wipe? I mean I need my Mails, photos, music, etc. But a wipe could help out.
    03-10-15 04:34 PM
    It's showing now, I see what you mean. That looks terrible, like I said have you tried a reload? Maybe try a hard reset first?

Maybe, I had some Wifi issues with my passport and so it couldn't download the pics properly?
    It would be interesting to see if you could open some of the 'bad' files (that works on your pc) after they are transferred from your pc to your device using a usb cable.. You maybe already tested that?
    03-10-15 04:35 PM
    It's showing now, I see what you mean. That looks terrible, like I said have you tried a reload? Maybe try a hard reset first?

How can you make a proper hard reset my friend? I have a passport.
    It almost looks like the dreaded Passport screen flickering

79 123 ...