My Passport stopped syncing email as of last week, my company now only allow devices or email clients that allow two steps verification security, I freaked out because everything I do on my phone relies on calendar and email.

My temporary solution is to forward all my email and share my calendar to my personal outlook email... I don't know if I will be able to accept or decline calendar events that way...

What can I do? I tried to find a way to disable two step verification on my company's account but can't find it.

Hope your life is better than mine right now

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    03-18-20 02:55 PM
    My Passport stopped syncing email as of last week, my company now only allow devices or email clients that allow two steps verification security, I freaked out because everything I do on my phone relies on calendar and email.

My temporary solution is to forward all my email and share my calendar to my personal outlook email... I don't know if I will be able to accept or decline calendar events that way...

What can I do? I tried to find a way to disable two step verification on my company's account but can't find it.

Generate an app specific password. Ask your admin to help.
    03-18-20 02:59 PM
    Isn't there an app in BBW for that?
    03-18-20 03:01 PM

Major global issues, pandemic situation, wolf at the door....

Plenty of device options besides 5 year old complete EOL hardware..

Seriously?!?
    m3ach likes this.
    03-18-20 03:03 PM
    My IT department is so useless they weren't able to make my phone work in the first place... I had to do it manually cause they tried for hours and gave up saying it was not compatible and told me I should put in a request to upgrade my phone to something more "modern".

I'm royally screwed...

03-18-20 03:04 PM
    Isn't there an app in BBW for that?
    For the HUB? No.
    03-18-20 03:17 PM
    My IT department is so useless they weren't able to make my phone work in the first place... I had to do it manually cause they tried for hours and gave up saying it was not compatible and told me I should put in a request to upgrade my phone to something more "modern".

I'm royally screwed...

Just as the question.
    03-18-20 03:17 PM
    For the HUB? No.
    Oh I was thinking of "2 Steps Authenticator" app - not relevant.
    03-18-20 03:27 PM
    Major global issues, pandemic situation, wolf at the door....

Plenty of device options besides 5 year old complete EOL hardware..

Seriously?!?
    Things have changed a LOT for me.... lot of communications without being in person. Slack, Zoom, Teams, Facetime heck I've even had to install WhatsApp to be involved with one group.

Install and setup.... don't have time for what old version or what's the work around or what's the limitations....

If BB10 works for you fine, but if your having issues... it's time to find something that can keep you in touch with people during this crisis.

As for the OP.... if your email includes web access, you may have the options in the settings there to allow 2FA. If not you'd need your IT to set it up for you. If there are not helping.... may not as it's generally considered less secure. You finally have a good reason to buy a modern phone - welcome to 2020.
    03-19-20 07:36 AM

All you need to do is go into your mail account online and generate an app password and you will have email again.
    03-19-20 08:57 AM
    All you need to do is go into your mail account online and generate an app password and you will have email again.
    Not all corporate accounts offer that option..... which is why I said "if".
    03-19-20 10:13 AM
    Corporate accounts usually require the IT staff to generate those PWs - it's rare that users can do so on their own, unlike personal email accounts.
    03-19-20 02:29 PM
    Corporate accounts usually require the IT staff to generate those PWs - it's rare that users can do so on their own, unlike personal email accounts.
    Or that is disabled all together, like where I work. It’s a security hole.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-19-20 06:27 PM
    How is the 2nd step done? At my workplace it is either via app or phone call. The phone call works with any number, even VoIP phones.
    If you need an app, the way I look at it is, if it is work related, then work can pay for the phone and it can be anything they want.

Otherwise, if it is not work requirement, then I just do not check email for work when I'm off duty
    03-21-20 10:05 PM