So I bought a black passport og long ago. Love the phone, use it for everything. Ended up picking up an iphone 6s a few months into it to use along side yet I sold it in just 2 weeks. Just recently I purchased an s6 to use alongside my passport. I use my passport all week long and my s6 after work and weekends. The thing is I always go back to my passport. I ended up giving my s6 over to my dad as he was in need of a phone and I no longer wanted it. Any phone I get I always run back to the passport. This phone is an absolute beast and I think that as long as this one works I'll be using it.

Just a short story about how the passport always keeps you coming back.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    The Passport, whatever color or version is the best ever created because of it's form factor as well as BB10 OS! I swear if I had the money I'd own one of each!
    06-03-16 05:54 AM
    Cool. My 1 month old passport does most of what I need, it's a shame I can't install every android app I want, for instance the U of Berkeley has the MyShake earthquake app; I know they can be patched thanks to Cobalt232, but I can't do that on my Mac. Still, if most of what I need is available via a browser, I could keep this phone for a while.
    ? When you add Cobalt to your BlackBerry you add the 3-4 minimum APK's directly to your phone, you download the APK's to your phone then go to each one in downloads, long press and when message comes up press yes install.
    06-03-16 05:58 AM
    More than 1year and half with mine and still very satisfied.

And even if I wanted/needed a new phone, I would ending buying a Passport again (maybe a SE that time to get a bit of change lol).

That beast came 2 years+ ago, and yet nothing best for my needs/taste came on the market!

Let's hope for few goodies in the upcoming release...I would even pick bug fixes and optimizations to get that beast even better!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    I sold my nearly two year old Passport to buy a Priv. Sorry to report that within four days the Priv went back and I next day shipped a new unlocked PP.
    06-03-16 06:01 AM
    I got a Classic but honestly, I think I have Passport envy.
    You have a sweet phone but I suggest you look for a used Passport to play with, once you go PP, you understand perfection!
    06-03-16 06:05 AM
    Well if you don't need apps, Passport is a great device.

Posted via CB10
    Oh come on, stop that nonsense. I have install the few required Cobalt APK's on mine and have any App from Google Play Store that I want. Stop spreading nonsense!
    06-03-16 06:10 AM
    I have to agree. I have an OG PP. I don't give a damn as to what people say. I was able to remote into my office, not with a dedicated app, retrieve documents while doing three phone calls and emailing and still, I had more battery power than our white corded brethren and those with the android stuff.
    I figured I use about 26 apps including email, phone and calendar. This phone does what I always needed my Palm Pilot to do with Web and phone.
    I do play videos and still it's fine.
    The keyboard although not a 9900's, the PP is more spacious. It's a shame they are not going forward to with this platform, but I will ride it to the end.
    The iPhone is slick but I hate the battery and some of idiotic and childlike controls. The lack of a unified inbox and a pay for expandability of storage system.
    Android is a collection of mini OS's all over the map and with too many choices.
    I thinks it's partially a culture issue -- the BlackBerry is associated with work. As I have posted elsewhere, the BB's are phones that happen to do other things whereas other "phones" are media centers that happen to have a phone app.

Posted via CB10
    adiguna80 and double_fault like this.
    06-03-16 06:43 AM
    ? When you add Cobalt to your BlackBerry you add the 3-4 minimum APK's directly to your phone, you download the APK's to your phone then go to each one in downloads, long press and when message comes up press yes install.
    Yup, but some apps need to be patched on top of that? I installed google maps from the play store, it would only show a black background; I uninstalled that and installed a pre patched google maps from a kindly soul and it works...

And these apps need to be repatched with each update, as far as I understand.
    06-03-16 02:29 PM
    Yup, but some apps need to be patched on top of that? I installed google maps from the play store, it would only show a black background; I uninstalled that and installed a pre patched google maps from a kindly soul and it works...

And these apps need to be repatched with each update, as far as I understand.
    A lot of those are already patched, basically it's just pure Google Apps need patched, most third party Apps don't need patched. Unless your all about games that charge.. Waze maps which is owned by Google is a great map substitute, anyway, it really is lame to declare Apps as being an issue ever since Cobalt IMHO.
    06-03-16 03:43 PM
    Oh come on, stop that nonsense. I have install the few required Cobalt APK's on mine and have any App from Google Play Store that I want. Stop spreading nonsense!
    You still need to patch some apps which requires a PC. The Android run time on BB10 needs updating. How long running Android apps on a BB10 remains viable is anyone's guess.
    06-03-16 06:12 PM
    A lot of those are already patched, basically it's just pure Google Apps need patched, most third party Apps don't need patched. Unless your all about games that charge.. Waze maps which is owned by Google is a great map substitute, anyway, it really is lame to declare Apps as being an issue ever since Cobalt IMHO.
    Erm, "lame" is a bit harsh? It's still an issue for many; I'm being very flexible, others won't be, and it has its limits. It's the difference between accepting other's preferences and turning into an ayatollah where only one's opinions count?
    06-04-16 10:41 AM
    Erm, "lame" is a bit harsh? It's still an issue for many; I'm being very flexible, others won't be, and it has its limits. It's the difference between accepting other's preferences and turning into an ayatollah where only one's opinions count?
    For years NB was criticized for the lack of apps, for what, almost two years cobalt has been available, and it works, and it is simple to install, and it works, I cannot stand to sit by a have anyone criticize NB for being unable to have apps. The worst case situation that I've had with an Android app that I installed from play store is a warning message that Google services were required but by tapping outside the message box the app goes right ahead and works fine. I am not in the IT business and have not gone to any training nor taken any classes for programing and I can follow the cobalt instructions I've yet had to fix an app to work on my Passport. People can say, they don't want to take the time of 15 minutes to install the three cobalt sold and play store, but nobody should be saying bb cannot do apps.
    06-04-16 11:48 AM
    I got a Classic but honestly, I think I have Passport envy.
    Don't be put off by its form factor, you'll love it in no time. In fact, I used a q10 for just under three years and using it now feels ridiculously small lol...

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    06-04-16 04:40 PM
    For years NB was criticized for the lack of apps, for what, almost two years cobalt has been available, and it works, and it is simple to install, and it works, I cannot stand to sit by a have anyone criticize NB for being unable to have apps. The worst case situation that I've had with an Android app that I installed from play store is a warning message that Google services were required but by tapping outside the message box the app goes right ahead and works fine. I am not in the IT business and have not gone to any training nor taken any classes for programing and I can follow the cobalt instructions I've yet had to fix an app to work on my Passport. People can say, they don't want to take the time of 15 minutes to install the three cobalt sold and play store, but nobody should be saying bb cannot do apps.
    Well good for you but on my Z10 I would have to patch Google Play Services and to do that I would need a PC. Workarounds, taparounds and pirating are hardly a solution. Nevermind that the odd consumer out there who follows CrackBerry is willing to go all the way with Cobalt, 99 % of Enterprise purchasers will only use an official BlackBerry approved app and store.

Lastly, the Cobalt solution is only as good as your Android runtime installed. The version used by BB10 is stale dated. About now you should be thinking of not updating your apps.
    06-04-16 05:32 PM
    You do realise that majority of BlackBerry users do not frequent this site. As such they do not know about this process.
    Sideloading and workarounds is much different than native apps with full support.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-05-16 01:50 AM
    Wonder how long the passport android apps will keep getting patched, due to the runtime.

06-15-16 09:35 PM

Lastly, the Cobalt solution is only as good as your Android runtime installed. The version used by BB10 is stale dated. About now you should be thinking of not updating your apps.
    I think, but am not sure, that if a Play Store Android app requires ART above 4.3, which is what BlackBerry has, Play Store won't try to update it. Of course, if it does update an app and you're using a patched app, you can DL the update APK but it won't install unless it is repatched or you delete the patched version. But the point is that Play Store knows what version of Android Runtime is on your phone, and that should protect us from updating to an app that won't run on 4.3.

I do suspect that within a year or so there will be a large number of apps that just won't run on 4.3, and that the old versions won't be supported.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 09:48 PM
    Well if you don't need apps, Passport is a great device.

Posted via CB10
    This.

I guess I'm a little upset I don't have snapchat.. but other than that, this phone is pretty decent and I don't plan on changing it because of one social media app.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 11:10 PM
    As long as we can use the dated app I'll be satisfied, although I'm sure people will end up patching all the apps.

06-16-16 04:58 AM
    As long as we can use the dated app I'll be satisfied, although I'm sure people will end up patching all the apps.

Once you installed the App, don't update, save the download on a pc, in case you want to update and if it goes bad, reload the working app?
    06-16-16 08:31 AM
    I always end up back on BB10. I've used a nexus, iphones and a Priv and always end up back on this OS a whole. I love it. It works. The only thing that sucks is the app situation.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-16-16 09:26 AM
    Ditto

Yep. A PassPort.
    06-16-16 09:44 AM
    I always end up back on BB10. I've used a nexus, iphones and a Priv and always end up back on this OS a whole. I love it. It works. The only thing that sucks is the app situation.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    Yep. Same here.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 09:47 AM
    It's so nice seeing all this Passport pride. I can't get my hands off mine either, it's such a masterpiece!
    06-16-16 02:37 PM
    Id rather have a computer than apps anyway. Which of course is the Mantra for BB10 users and on Blackberrys Blog. When y ou have a computer in your hand, you dont need apps.
    06-16-16 02:52 PM
    I'm just so use to the passports size and design which is why I hope I can keep using it years to come.

ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-16-16 05:09 PM
52 123