So I bought a black passport og long ago. Love the phone, use it for everything. Ended up picking up an iphone 6s a few months into it to use along side yet I sold it in just 2 weeks. Just recently I purchased an s6 to use alongside my passport. I use my passport all week long and my s6 after work and weekends. The thing is I always go back to my passport. I ended up giving my s6 over to my dad as he was in need of a phone and I no longer wanted it. Any phone I get I always run back to the passport. This phone is an absolute beast and I think that as long as this one works I'll be using it.

Just a short story about how the passport always keeps you coming back.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Last edited by samtronswt; 05-29-16 at 09:54 AM.
    05-29-16 09:43 AM
    Nice post! ... she's a beast in all aspects, I agree!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-29-16 11:02 AM
    I am doing the same thing, got a LG G4 but I use it for a day, two tops and run back to my Passport. I even put all the Blackberry Priv apps on it and still run back to my Passport SE. I use a lot of apps but for the most part, they all run fine on my Passport and I love the Keyboard and battery life on this beast, plus once you use this big screen, a regular touch phone screen just is not the same.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-29-16 11:12 AM
    I have both Passport and the Priv as daily driver. When it comes to emails the Passport is the best.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    05-29-16 11:14 AM
    Yep. The Passport is that great! =)

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 03:46 PM
    Cool. My 1 month old passport does most of what I need, it's a shame I can't install every android app I want, for instance the U of Berkeley has the MyShake earthquake app; I know they can be patched thanks to Cobalt232, but I can't do that on my Mac. Still, if most of what I need is available via a browser, I could keep this phone for a while.
    05-29-16 05:38 PM
    So I bought a black passport og long ago. Love the phone, use it for everything. Ended up picking up an iphone 6s a few months into it to use along side yet I sold it in just 2 weeks. Just recently I purchased an s6 to use alongside my passport. I use my passport all week long and my s6 after work and weekends. The thing is I always go back to my passport. I ended up giving my s6 over to my dad as he was in need of a phone and I no longer wanted it. Any phone I get I always run back to the passport. This phone is an absolute beast and I think that as long as this one works I'll be using it.

This is with many who used Passport! I always changing sims between Passport and priv

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    05-29-16 06:06 PM
    More than 1year and half with mine and still very satisfied.

And even if I wanted/needed a new phone, I would ending buying a Passport again (maybe a SE that time to get a bit of change lol).

That beast came 2 years+ ago, and yet nothing best for my needs/taste came on the market!

Let's hope for few goodies in the upcoming release...I would even pick bug fixes and optimizations to get that beast even better!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 and anon(9742832) like this.
    05-30-16 02:38 AM
    I got a Classic but honestly, I think I have Passport envy.
    05-30-16 03:28 AM
    Great story, brother! Same thing with me. Just took an old iPhone 5th gen from my gf to check if I'm wrong on iOS. Gave it back in a week. Passport is the best.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 04:49 AM
    Yes you seriously cant go wrong with a passport, if you don't have one and are thinking of what phone to get, passports your answer for almost everything. Dont get me started on the browsing and emailing experience. I cant get use to the other phones anymore after using this one. Its killer and ill use this phone until it slows down or dies. Then ill buy another one until all my apps aren't supported. The rest is in the hands of chen for a passport 2.

All though ill most likely buy the at&t if anything ever happens to my og. For whatever the reason the curved edges are awesome.

azdesertrose77 likes this.
    05-30-16 07:41 AM
    Why I love my Passport? It is the closest thing to a mobile computer. Got it pretty much when it came out and it is still rocking strong.
    azdesertrose77 and Rallyfia like this.
    05-30-16 11:58 AM
    Well if you don't need apps, Passport is a great device.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 12:00 PM

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Not so long ago I had to borrow an iphone 6 plus so I could use an app called Trello (if you use the Android version of Trello you need Google Play Services so I couldn't run this app on my Passport)...
    ...what a horrible operating system (iOS), how inefficient for work... no hub, no easy multi-tasking, super-fiddly, that stupid button, etc, etc.

Couldn't wait to get back to my Passport (original).

(And I'm seriously thinking of buying a Passport SE as a backup in case something catastrophic happens to my existing Passport).
    05-30-16 12:43 PM
    Cool. My 1 month old passport does most of what I need, it's a shame I can't install every android app I want, for instance the U of Berkeley has the MyShake earthquake app; I know they can be patched thanks to Cobalt232, but I can't do that on my Mac. Still, if most of what I need is available via a browser, I could keep this phone for a while.
    Put a Boot Camp partition on your Mac. I believe you can even get a 30 day free trial of Windows, if you don't want to buy it, during which time you can patch the MyShake app and any others you want to patch. And if you don't want to boot into Windows, you can get a free trial of Parallels or VMWare Fusion (I prefer the former) to make a Windows virtual machine either from Boot Camp or from a free trial of Windows.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 01:44 PM
    I wonder if you could get it via bluestacks..(i mean if you absolutely have to : ) #notanandroidfan
    Last edited by azdesertrose77; 05-30-16 at 07:57 PM.
    05-30-16 07:06 PM
    I love my PP. There is only one thing: I want my PP to have a better camera like LG G4, Lum 1520...
    05-30-16 09:35 PM
    Too bad BlackBerry is turning android! The Passport is the best phone I ever owned and over a year ago when it first came out, I thought it was real ugly

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-31-16 02:14 AM
    Put a Boot Camp partition on your Mac. I believe you can even get a 30 day free trial of Windows, if you don't want to buy it, during which time you can patch the MyShake app and any others you want to patch. And if you don't want to boot into Windows, you can get a free trial of Parallels or VMWare Fusion (I prefer the former) to make a Windows virtual machine either from Boot Camp or from a free trial of Windows.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks... I'd rather not deal with Windows!
    05-31-16 08:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Will patching work from my old XP IBM think pad?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 08:11 AM
    OP I've never wanted to carry two phones, if you can find one that meets your needs... stick with it until it doesn't.
    05-31-16 09:01 AM
    Will patching work from my old XP IBM think pad?

Posted via CB10
    It should work. Try it.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 09:13 AM
    BlackBerry Passport & BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition are Beast. If it comes to be productive!

Try to replay on a virtual Keyboard as fast as on our!

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-02-16 09:52 PM
    I've had the SE since it first came out, and so far, no other phone other than the Priv has tempted me.

There's nothing else like the Passport, and until mine gives me problems, I don't see myself getting rid of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 01:02 AM
    My BBPP is now two weeks into usage. A whole new direction for me, coming from HTC one 8. I kept the HTC in case I was disappointed with the PP. Not a bit of it. HTC now going to a grandson who has had his eyes on it for some time. Likely he will covet the PP next!
    06-03-16 05:03 AM
52 123