Hi Everyone,

This is my first proper post to the forums!

I picked up a blackberry passport, standard edition, a few weeks ago. It is my first every Blackberry device, I previously used iPhones, and I have to say it is a beast machine!

Before I go on, shout out to Coblat and his Google Play solution. Its awesome and works very well! Also thanks to everyone who contributes here. Its a great and helpful community.

My Blackberry Passport "Gaming" Setup-img_20160530_130248.jpg

I currently have a Moga Pro Power, Blackberry Sync Pod and HDMI slim port in use for gaming on my Blackberry Passport. I was surprised at how slick it all worked together. I had the passport linked with Blend so I could send texts and BBM messages and also output to my TV and plugged into my sync pod for charging. Bluetooth is required for the Moga to work and I was surprised that with everything I had running there was no lag when using it at all. The device did heat up which was to be expected but not to any temperature that was worrying!

Positives

-Emulators work great. https://github.com/AampApps/RetroArch/releases - Thanks to the developers and Pcmx for bringing this to my attention. It works very well! MARIO! I was only able to get retro arch working with the Moga. I couldn't get stand alone emulators working with the Moga.

Post update: There is a trick to getting RetroArch to detect the Moga. What you need to do it so set the controller to B mode and make sure its connected via bluetooth. Then boot up RetroArch and select the controller in the input settings. It showed as "Unknown" for me. Then background the app, do not close, and turn off bluetooth. This is required because you'll need to select your core and rom which is a pain when the controller is enabled. Once you have started a rom, background the app again and reconnect the controller via bluetooth and your good to go. This seems to work for any core available in RetroArch. If anyone has found a better way to do this please let me know

-BB Passport fits into the Moga Pro Power slot on the pad itself when flipped to the side. Handy for gaming when travelling.

-The Mogo Pro Power can plug into the PP and charges it. I dont have specific timeframes as to how long it will last but the documentation with the Moga states that without use of the "Boost" it last 24 hours when fully charged. So when it is in use it would last less. Time would depend on the device.

-Moga Pivot is the app that is used to link the device to the phone. Although its outdated and doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time it is easy to side load and setup. Just remember to turn the device off for about 10 seconds before switching from A to B mode and vice versa.

-Moga Pivot app has its own store and details everything that is "officially" compatible with the Moga Pro Power. Links in with Google App Store.

Negatives

-Moga Pivot app must be kept open when set to A mode or the connection between the PP and controller will drop.
    -Questionable future development of the app. Doesn't seem to be happening soon. There was a slip of paper in the box that said that Moga suggests use of only "B mode" and not to use the Pivot app for anything running Android 5.0 or higher.

Games that I have tested so far and work very well in "A Mode" with the Moga Pro Power

-Dead Trigger 1 (Free from Goggle Play Store)
    -Dead Trigger 2 (Free from Goggle Play Store)
    -Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (I paid $3 CDN for this in the Amazon app store)
    -Sonic CD (Free in the Amazon Underground app store)
    -Asphalt 8 (Free from BB App World)

I hope this helps for anyone looking to get a Moga power pro gamepad for BB Passport. Happy to field any questions if you guys have any!

Cheers!
    Last edited by BassPlayer6; 06-02-16 at 03:32 PM.
    keliew, 93Aero and Pcmx like this.
    05-31-16 03:43 PM
    I think if gaming could be done with the keyboard it would truly awesome.
    05-31-16 07:51 PM
    You can use the physical keyboard. Here is a screen shot of the input settings for snesdroid for example:

My Blackberry Passport "Gaming" Setup-img_20160531_182655.png

I was unable to get Moga Pro working with SNES Droid. Only RetroArch.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BassPlayer6; 06-10-16 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Correcting info
    05-31-16 08:29 PM
    Hehe, nice...you're really pushing the limits of this device...I like it. I have nothing of value to offer so I'm just gonna say good luck and have fun.
    BassPlayer6 and Pcmx like this.
    05-31-16 09:13 PM
    There's this, if it helps (native app, have to sideload it):

http://forums.crackberry.com/showpost.php?p=11781016
    BassPlayer6 likes this.
    06-01-16 05:33 PM
    @Pcmx - Thanks for the link man! It worked a treat. I've updated my first post. Thanks again!
    06-01-16 10:28 PM
    Thanks dude, i will try the Last version to see id the controller works propperly

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 03:23 PM
    The BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition will only fit Side Way? Or also in the Normal Way? Haha

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-08-16 10:34 AM
    Considering the screen size and keyboard of the Passport I'd like to see a game like Tekken or Mortal Kombat!! That would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 12:26 PM
    It fits in landscape, not portrait.

The PS1 emulator works great so Tekken and Mortal Kombat work a treat!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 10:00 PM
    Sadly the moga connects to the Phone and i am able to play with retro arch but i cannot use it fully, un fact i am Just able to use the d pads

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 11:10 AM
    It fits in landscape, not portrait.

The PS1 emulator works great so Tekken and Mortal Kombat work a treat!

Posted via CB10
    There is a working emulator for PS1 that works on BlackBerry Passport?

If there is also a good working Emulator for Gameboy please give me the link so I can also ply my old Pokmon games again

06-09-16 12:14 PM
    John, if you try what I did it should work. See the part in my first post regarding "post update".

Rein, see my first post for the link. RetroArch come with PS1 and Gameboy cores.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 02:16 PM
    John, if you try what I did it should work. See the part in my first post regarding "post update".

Rein, see my first post for the link. RetroArch come with PS1 and Gameboy cores.

Posted via CB10
    I tried already to download the latest version all 3. I can't install them.

06-09-16 02:25 PM
    Did you use the chrome add in to sideload it?

You will need Chrome and this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...pblnikkp?hl=en in order to side load the RetroArch app. Make sure you BB is in developer mode too.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BassPlayer6; 06-10-16 at 02:58 PM.
    06-09-16 06:52 PM
    I got a Q10 right now and i finally understood what happened with the controller and retroarch, the version of retroarch (Latest) Just dont recognize the L3 and R3 buttons of the controller, so it is unusable, thankfully i dont have fighting games that require them

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 12:41 PM