This happened yesterday. I had to security wipe my passport due to a heating issue that's been happening to my phone for days now. So i made my research here in CB and that's why i had to fully reset my phone to check if the heating issue will be fixed. Unfortunately, the result was worst. The phone's screen suddenly went blank, i tried to do a hard reset (happened 3x) but the result was the same. I tried to plug the phone with a USB and check if my computer will detect it but nothing happened. Now, the phone's screen is still blank and im draining the battery for the phone to turn off.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with my problem. The passport is the only Blackberry model i love out of all the the units Blackberry and TCL had made.
    03-09-19 06:06 PM
    It's probably too late. Over heating my Passport was resolved by disabling android app running in the background.

Never mind. Did you have your Passport in the charge during security swipe? Is any sd card present?
    03-10-19 12:43 AM
    03-10-19 04:20 AM
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all your comments. I am very happy to announce that my passport is up and running again. Had to reload it using the blackberry link (which I'm glad it still works even though RIM has stopped support for BB10 devices) and delete all data and restore the software.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    03-10-19 10:49 AM
    Well good news Charles.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-19 08:48 PM
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all your comments. I am very happy to announce that my passport is up and running again. Had to reload it using the blackberry link (which I'm glad it still works even though RIM has stopped support for BB10 devices) and delete all data and restore the software.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome!! Enjoy!
    03-10-19 10:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I did to fix a few problems on mine. It works just fine, e-mail was a major problem and I knew it was an issue to be fixed. Now it is flawless. XD

Killing the android runtime with awesome launcher does the trick (have to three times!), then battery life is forever-like. (or three days without data enabled, if I ever did that, and used computer to check e-mail once per day, which is compulsively impossible).

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    03-10-19 11:49 PM

Killing the android runtime with awesome launcher does the trick (have to three times!), then battery life is forever-like. (or three days without data enabled, if I ever did that, and used computer to check e-mail once per day, which is compulsively impossible).

Could you please explain it to me? How did you kill the ART running on BlackBerry ❿?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-19 04:48 AM
    Could you please explain it to me? How did you kill the ART running on BlackBerry ❿?

Posted via CB10
    You need to download awesome launcher from blackberry world, then launch it, then refresh the listing of applications, scroll to dev tools, go to bad behavior, then select "crash system server". You may have to do it three times to entirely kill it. Use device monitor to watch the CPU tab for it, or the memory tab.

ppeters914 likes this.
    03-11-19 03:04 PM
    You need to download awesome launcher from blackberry world, then launch it, then refresh the listing of applications, scroll to dev tools, go to bad behavior, then select "crash system server". You may have to do it three times to entirely kill it. Use device monitor to watch the CPU tab for it, or the memory tab.

Thank you
    03-12-19 01:41 AM