So as a loyal blackberry customer I will never own another blackberry product in my life. I have owned damn near every blackberry in the past few years.

A torch, a bold 9900, the playbook, the z10, q10, classic, then the passport. All devices besides my playbook have had some serious issues and most are hardware failures.

Z10 the mic died. Q10 mobo died. Classic the headphone jack died and the keyboard wouldn't light up. Then my passport, finally a phone with decent hardware but an os that's a failure. The screen starts lifting. My God I must have brain damage from the failure blackberry is and me supporting their ***. I've given them so many chances and my passport is 11 months old. I called blackberry and they say "that's the way it is" no wonder their stock is worth 8 cad.

Blackberry sucks and their customer service sucks. Got my nexus 6p and moved on. They could exchange my passport for a priv and I'd use it as a coaster.
    05-28-16 06:34 PM
    Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    05-28-16 06:45 PM
    And yet, some of us have had the exact opposite experience. Sub par Android and Apple devices had us sprinting back to BlackBerry for their reliability. Sorry you've had such bad luck though. My experience with BlackBerry is one of quality, productivity and durability. I'll stay as long as I can.

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad, Zeratul57 and Jrox74 like this.
    05-28-16 07:18 PM
    I've got to admit that I'm quite lucky regarding having BlackBerry devices which have never shown any sign of hardware problems (yet). But I'm really sorry for your bad experience with the devices and it could be a sign to jump into a something new, not blackberry related device!

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    05-28-16 07:52 PM
    So as a loyal blackberry customer I will never own another blackberry product in my life. I have owned damn near every blackberry in the past few years.

A torch, a bold 9900, the playbook, the z10, q10, classic, then the passport. All devices besides my playbook have had some serious issues and most are hardware failures.

Z10 the mic died. Q10 mobo died. Classic the headphone jack died and the keyboard wouldn't light up. Then my passport, finally a phone with decent hardware but an os that's a failure. The screen starts lifting. My God I must have brain damage from the failure blackberry is and me supporting their ***. I've given them so many chances and my passport is 11 months old. I called blackberry and they say "that's the way it is" no wonder their stock is worth 8 cad.

Blackberry sucks and their customer service sucks. Got my nexus 6p and moved on. They could exchange my passport for a priv and I'd use it as a coaster.
    I've never had any issues with 2 Bolds, a Z10, Z30 or my Passport. Sucks to be you.
    05-29-16 07:19 AM
    As the other responses above, I've never had any issues and certainly no hardware issues on Tour, Bold, Z10, Z30, Passport, or Priv.
    With that said, the common denominator here seems to be you OP. How do you treat your devices exactly?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bbafdad and Zeratul57 like this.
    05-29-16 08:48 AM
    Wow! That's terrible. Personally, I've only experienced any real issue with my original Storm. The rest have been either good or great. Storm 2 still works flawless. My 9930 had issues with voice calls cutting out once in a while and some freezing. 9810 still works perfect. Even with it being abused by my teenage daughter. Classic and Passport have been awesome.

Posted via my awesome Blacberry 10 device.
    Last edited by schlemer; 05-29-16 at 12:45 PM.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    05-29-16 12:26 PM
    Torch, Q5, Z10 have all worked flawlessly, and when there are hick-ups the software steps in and rescues the day. The hub makes me more productive than any of the the iphone or Samsungs I have owned. I run 3 businesses and all of the handsets are BB. Interface with the vehicle fleet is also a major bonus. My z10 is still a great device. The Passport just takes me further along the productivity curve.
    My experience has been nothing but stellar.
    Zeratul57, Jrox74 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    05-29-16 01:22 PM
    I've never had any issues with 2 Bolds, a Z10, Z30 or my Passport. Sucks to be you.
    My brother had his screen come loose on 2 passports, 2 warranties and now the third one he has also has the same issue. I know a few others with the same issue as well so this isn't some rare occurance it's a common problem. Just like the q10 has the infamous motherboard problem. Let's not forget the infamous blackberry headphone jack failures as well.
    05-29-16 01:47 PM
    I have thought that too, but never say never. I am still holding out hope that they will surprise us. I no longer own one but I am still cheering them on!
    05-29-16 02:28 PM
    On an SE for a awhile now. No problems. No Google play store yet.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    05-29-16 02:40 PM
    I don't know, I've own a Curve, Bold, Z10, Z30 and now a Passport, no issues what so ever. Still have the Curve, Bold, Still use my Z30 and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    05-29-16 02:57 PM
    8300, 8310, 9900, PB, white Z10 STL1, black Z10 STL2, Q10, 2 x Z30 black, Passport OG, Passport SE - all working, all gave me no issues whatsoever bar the double typing on Q10 that got fixed with an OS update.

This Friday I ordered a 2nd SE, as I plan on using this phone in many years to come, so wanted to make sure I have a spare. The OG will probably go to my Mom or a friend who'd like to try it and will give me his Classic + few bucks on top.

I believe you had issues, but to me, BlackBerry has been more than great. Other fruit phone and tablet or S something droids never came close to it. They probably would if I needed my phones to be toys (iPad 4 is a toy, my kiddo plays The Smurfs on it, but even she, at her 4 years, prefers the PB for cartoons or brain games)

SE is for premium, unless you're that other fruit user
    05-29-16 03:32 PM
    I owned a brand new Z10 in 2014. I was happy for 5 months until it suddenly started heating up. I was really frustrated, and after doing everything I could, I just sold it and eventually got a Passport. Been using and loving it ever since.
    To be fair though, I think there's lots out there who get frustrated with their devices regardless of OS and/or brand.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    05-29-16 03:44 PM
    Yikes, terrible! No problems on silver edition passport, knock on wood.
    05-29-16 05:40 PM

How is the OS on the Passport substantially different from your Z10, Q10 and Classic?

Also, you're 11 months into your 12 month warranty and they said "that's the way it is"? Really?

Enjoy your Nexus 6P, great device!
    05-29-16 05:42 PM
    I'm trying to guess what the *** is. I thought it might be s*** but I'm stumped.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-16 05:57 PM
    I'm trying to guess what the *** is. I thought it might be s*** but I'm stumped.

Posted via CB10
    I think he's referring to the posterior, using the perjorative term that begins with A and ends in S. Three letters. Oh, and middle letter is S as well. ..

As a parent might say to their twenty something child still living at home: "I'm tired of supporting your ... "

Thankfully, he's moved onto a Nexus 6P which is one of the best Android devices imho, so it should all be smooth sailing from here on in.
    LyoobaBerry and SK122387 like this.
    05-29-16 06:01 PM
    05-29-16 07:26 PM