Only the touch screen keyboard is partly working as I can only access the digits and can't find a way to switch to letters or the alphabet, and the external keyboard is completely dead, except the swiping functions which still works. There is no sim card inserted in the device yet.
    05-17-20 09:21 PM
    Only the touch screen keyboard is partly working as I can only access the digits and can't find a way to switch to letters or the alphabet, and the external keyboard is completely dead, except the swiping functions which still works. There is no sim card inserted in the device yet.

Install BBVE from bbworld and test the device in keyboard category.
    OR
    Install a fresh OS below

https://mega.nz/file/1NZ1SQBB#yL_ZV5...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM

Install this, download, unzip connect Passport to pc and install.

If that doesn't work, replace the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-20 11:51 PM
    Install BBVE from bbworld and test the device in keyboard category.
    OR
    Install a fresh OS below

Install this, download, unzip connect Passport to pc and install.

If that doesn't work, replace the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    It's not very likely the keyboard itself has suddenly stopped working after a wipe...

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-19-20 09:17 AM
    Run an autoloader.

Download to PC, unzip, plug in phone, run autoloader.
    05-19-20 09:33 AM
    Hi, I had my passport in my back pocket and now all it will show is the blackberry logo and blackberry. I have power cycled it a few times, let the battery drain, kept it on the charger for various lengths of time, all to no avail. I also have a blackberry Q10 which I am using at the moment. What would be a better approach, to try to restore using the backup from the Q10, use Blackberry Link to restore to defaults, or install a fresh OS? Many thanks. I love my passport and would love to be able to use it again.
    05-20-20 04:01 PM
    Hi, I had my passport in my back pocket and now all it will show is the blackberry logo and blackberry. I have power cycled it a few times, let the battery drain, kept it on the charger for various lengths of time, all to no avail. I also have a blackberry Q10 which I am using at the moment. What would be a better approach, to try to restore using the backup from the Q10, use Blackberry Link to restore to defaults, or install a fresh OS? Many thanks. I love my passport and would love to be able to use it again.
    Fresh install is always the best. It really shouldn't take too long, as I'm sure your email, contacts, and calendar are in the cloud.

Use the autoloader linked to above.
    05-20-20 11:34 PM
    Hi, I downloaded the software, extracted the files, ran the app as administrator, but all that seemed to happen was that I had a quick glimpse of the Dos Window, then nothing. And nothing seems to have happened to my Passport. What have I missed?
    05-23-20 02:58 PM
    Hi, I downloaded the software, extracted the files, ran the app as administrator, but all that seemed to happen was that I had a quick glimpse of the Dos Window, then nothing. And nothing seems to have happened to my Passport. What have I missed?
    Open a cmd window first to see what the error message is.
    05-23-20 03:51 PM
    Hi, further to my earlier reply this morning, the USB connection is recognized; the phone periodically charges, then shows me the same screen as before, the Blackberry logo and the word Blackberry. Thank you again
    05-24-20 07:59 AM
    Hi, it seems my earlier answer didn't make it to the thread. I opened the cmd window and ran the app as administrator and got the usual Windows "do you want to allow....make changes". I agreed, had a spinning circle and then a quick glimpse of a cmd window which closed, but nothing in the cmd window I had open. When I downloaded the file and extracted the files, I had a folder with the same name. Within that folder, I had an application with this name: Passport_10.3.03.3216_SQW100-1-2-3-4, which is what I ran as administrator. Sorry if all this is irrelevant, but I want this to be as complete as possible. Thank you again.
    05-24-20 10:44 AM
    Hi, it seems my earlier answer didn't make it to the thread. I opened the cmd window and ran the app as administrator and got the usual Windows "do you want to allow....make changes". I agreed, had a spinning circle and then a quick glimpse of a cmd window which closed, but nothing in the cmd window I had open. When I downloaded the file and extracted the files, I had a folder with the same name. Within that folder, I had an application with this name: Passport_10.3.03.3216_SQW100-1-2-3-4, which is what I ran as administrator. Sorry if all this is irrelevant, but I want this to be as complete as possible. Thank you again.
    I meant to run the bat file from the already open command window so you can see what the error message is.
    05-24-20 10:49 AM
    Sounds like you're trying to run without the BlackBerry drivers, are you sure you have them installed?
    05-24-20 12:28 PM
    Not sure at all. How do I verify, please and thank you? Sorry for my ignorance.
    05-25-20 06:54 PM
    Seems like my earlier reply hasn't posted, but please ignore it if it does. I'm never at my best when recovering from a migraine. I have downloaded the drivers, run the autoloader and we are now in business. I can't thank you all enough. Merci beaucoup!
    05-25-20 09:39 PM
    Seems like my earlier reply hasn't posted, but please ignore it if it does. I'm never at my best when recovering from a migraine. I have downloaded the drivers, run the autoloader and we are now in business. I can't thank you all enough. Merci beaucoup!
    Glad you’re all set. Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often......
    05-25-20 10:00 PM
    Hello, please help with my bb10 ow stuck on logo after running autoloader?
    05-26-20 08:03 PM
    Hello, please help with my bb10 ow stuck on logo after running autoloader?
    Passport?
    05-26-20 08:42 PM
    Yes new os should be downloaded

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 06:36 PM