Thanks, Leeiling. I think it's software related because I distinctly remember the last big update destroying my battery life. I thought that it was limited to my Pebble app but now I realize that the update ruined my battery life generally. It was not localized to the Pebble app because I haven't been using that app and things are still messed up.

I'm not going to waste time trying to install a new battery since that does not seem to be the issue.

I hate losing all the data on my old phones in case something comes up. (These are business machines so I use them as such. My sent items might not be saved on my server.) I think I'm going to have to spend money on the silver and retire this Passport early. At least I will get a better keyboard. The original PP's keyboard is way too firm. Also, with a chin I might better be able to one-hand type. And... the corners might look cool but it is a pain getting it in and out of tight pockets.

OK, it's decided. Thanks for the input all.
    08-09-15 08:41 PM
    How much do you want for this perfectly working Passport? I might be interested. 1hr of work on settings would make the battery life shining like new again.
    I guess I could make a small fortune buying badly messed up phones (by their owners) for cheap and restoring proper sertings.
    08-09-15 09:21 PM
    The whole point in my not reinstalling the OS is that I might need a record of some of the emails, etc. Also, the resale value might not be that high because of two bright spots on the screen.

What changes could I possibly make to improve battery life? I have consistently turned off my Wi-Fi and take other such measures to improve battery life. None of these things has worked.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:53 PM
    have you turned the run in background/minimized settings on for all your apps to test?

Same with notifications setting for android apps

turning off wifi won't stop the apps from running, it just stops the data from being sent/received

under the cpu screen in that battery usage app, I manually force close things that are running until I learn that they don't drain battery. But you might not know which ones so just close all of them, if phone needs it, it won't let you close it
    08-09-15 09:56 PM
    There are several ways to back up most of your stuff. On BlackBerry World, there are apps to backup all your PIM data. Remember and Password Keeper can be backed up via BlackBerry Link chosing "Settings only". Your mail accounts also get backed up, yet you need to re-enter your passwords. Mails themselves should still be saved on your server, considering you are using IMAP that is!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 12:45 AM
    At first, no need to do a security wipe.. Try a hard reset first, by pressing both volume buttons and then wait one day to see if it's back to normal.

If not, try a security wipe.

Ps : it's ES task manager, it's a android app, it is not in BlackBerry World.

Attachment 366164
    08-10-15 01:37 AM
    The whole point in my not reinstalling the OS is that I might need a record of some of the emails, etc. Also, the resale value might not be that high because of two bright spots on the screen.

What changes could I possibly make to improve battery life? I have consistently turned off my Wi-Fi and take other such measures to improve battery life. None of these things has worked.

Posted via CB10
    The thing I still don't understand is why can't you just back up your data and reload the OS.
    Why worry about email? It sits on the server. Why would you not have it on the server?
    You don't want to do autoloader yet you are considering new phone which will not have your valued emails anyway. Something is not right with your way of thinking.
    08-10-15 02:58 AM
    I have lost emails on my server before for no apparent reason. And, no, I'm not sure that sent items from my BB are sitting on my server. (It's not mine, but a third-party company I subscribe with.)

To clarify, whenever I need to upgrade or switch to a new device I store the device or preserve the hard-drive (for PC's) in case I ever need to dig out old emails or messages for any business or legal issues that might come up. The cost of a lost email(s) can exceed the cost of a quick upgrade or not recycling an SSD.

So this is why I might do an upgrade of the PP and place the old one in storage.
    08-10-15 03:18 AM
    There are several ways to back up most of your stuff. On BlackBerry World, there are apps to backup all your PIM data. Remember and Password Keeper can be backed up via BlackBerry Link chosing "Settings only". Your mail accounts also get backed up, yet you need to re-enter your passwords. Mails themselves should still be saved on your server, considering you are using IMAP that is!

Posted via CB10
    I have not used IMAP because and don't use it now because I want to be able to delete emails on my handheld without worrying about what happens on the server end. I might be wrong but I think that using IMAP if you delete the email on the handheld it syncs with the server and deletes on the server end. This is why I stuck with POP. I might be completely backwards on this, and it's sort of off-topic. Don't flame me on this.
    08-10-15 03:21 AM
34 12