Hi,
    I am enjoying my first blackberry device ( passport ) and I have a question about storing music on my sd card.
    My old ph was an android and I have copied all the music from my old ph to my computer harddisk.
    My new micro sd card will arrive tomorrow and I intend to copy those music to the new micro sd card for use in the passport.

My question is whether the music on the micro sd card needs to be in any specific folder structure?

Thanks,
    Cheok
    10-27-14 10:43 AM
    Hi,
    I am enjoying my first blackberry device ( passport ) and I have a question about storing music on my sd card.
    My old ph was an android and I have copied all the music from my old ph to my computer harddisk.
    My new micro sd card will arrive tomorrow and I intend to copy those music to the new micro sd card for use in the passport.

My question is whether the music on the micro sd card needs to be in any specific folder structure?

Thanks,
    Cheok
    No. But! Before you load anything onto the SD card using your computer, make sure to insert it into the Passport for a few minutes. When it recognizes an empty card it will automatically create a folder structure that will include folders for pictures, video, music, documents, etc. After it's done that, you can then just drag and drop your music into the music folder.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-27-14 10:46 AM
    When you get your new mSD card, format it in the device. It will set up the file structure for you -- including a folder "Music".
    10-27-14 10:46 AM
    No. But! Before you load anything onto the SD card using your computer, make sure to insert it into the Passport for a few minutes. When it recognizes an empty card it will automatically create a folder structure that will include folders for pictures, video, music, documents, etc. After it's done that, you can then just drag and drop your music into the music folder.

Posted via CB10
    And within that "music folder" you could have folders of music by specific artists, albums, etc. Makes it easier for me to look through, although a search should find everything fine without any further structure.
    10-27-14 10:49 AM
    Music on SD card-img_20141027_104741.png
    Music on SD card-img_20141027_104807.png

I have all my music in the file path shown in the first pic, but I think it should work in the second, too.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 10:50 AM
    Thanks everyone for their good information. This will save me time and trouble.
    10-27-14 10:59 AM
    If you plan on adding big 4+GB files make sure you format as exFAT. FAT32 has a file size limit.
    10-27-14 11:05 AM
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Cheok
    I put all my audio files inside the Music folder of my sd card.
    10-27-14 11:11 AM
    If you plan on adding big 4+GB files make sure you format as exFAT. FAT32 has a file size limit.
    That would be a very long song.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 11:13 AM