Has anybody else noticed a weird problem with the music player or is just me... I listen to a lot of music on my BlackBerry phones and I've never noticed this. When I first start to listen to music it sounds ok but as time goes on it starts to sound more and more distorted. I've also noticed that the earphones seem out of sync with more music prominence in one ear making the songs sound unbalanced.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 02:56 PM
    Does this only happen when the screen is off? And fix itself if you wake the screen?
    10-15-14 03:29 PM
    It's just constantly. When I wake the screen it still sounds distorted. I don't get it. The premium headphones are not good for this phone I have found too. I'm wondering if there's a software error with the music player? Or maybe because the phone heats up? I don't know. I'm perplexed.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:45 AM
    It's just constantly. When I wake the screen it still sounds distorted. I don't get it. The premium headphones are not good for this phone I have found too. I'm wondering if there's a software error with the music player? Or maybe because the phone heats up? I don't know. I'm perplexed.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have this issue and I listen to a LOT of music via Bluetooth and headphones... could be an OS issue?

Are you on a clean OS or did you restore from a previous phone?

Assuming you've tried the normal tricks like Hard Resets and stuff by now, If it isn't too much of a hassle I'd recommend a SIC wipe and then reload the latest OS onto it just in case...

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-16-14 08:54 AM
    I didn't restore from a previous phone. Just set up everything from scratch. Just find it weird as I've never experienced this on a previous BlackBerry. How do I do the reset/wipe or should I be patient and wait for the next update?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:08 AM
    I didn't restore from a previous phone. Just set up everything from scratch. Just find it weird as I've never experienced this on a previous BlackBerry. How do I do the reset/wipe or should I be patient and wait for the next update?

Posted via CB10
    I have stuttering issues on a clean install on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1418
    I've had then every version of 10.3 but this version is the least noticeable.
    I think it may just be a bug, but I dont have a passport so I'm not at all sure
    10-16-14 09:10 AM
    I haven't yet listened to much music on the Passport. When I first got it I thought the Neutron player sounded noticeably worse than on the Z30. Oddly, I thought the stock player sounded better. Which Was surprising. I need to test some more. As Blackberry has practically boasted how the Passport isn't for fun stuff, I assumed it meant they went cheap on the DAC. I bet it's true.
    EDIT: just noticed some distortion creep in at times after resuming a song from a pause. It was a 24-bit FLAC, so maybe it doesn't play well with?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SethDove; 10-16-14 at 09:47 AM.
    10-16-14 09:31 AM
    I haven't yet listened to much music on the Passport. When I first got it I thought the Neutron player sounded noticeably worse than on the Z30. Oddly, I thought the stock player sounded better. Which Was surprising. I need to test some more. As Blackberry has practically boasted how the Passport isn't for fun stuff, I assumed it meant they went cheap on the DAC. I bet it's true.

Posted via CB10
    Would surprise me, as they advertised the speakers as some of the best in the market
    10-16-14 09:41 AM
    If you listen a lot of music, you should grab Neutron Music Player.
    10-16-14 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's up to you! It's more if you're willing to wipe your phone and start over again, and also if you're on the slightly more tech savvy side of things and willing to experiment.

I have stuttering issues on a clean install on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1418
    I've had then every version of 10.3 but this version is the least noticeable.
    I think it may just be a bug, but I dont have a passport so I'm not at all sure
    That's an issue with Z10 older hardware. I had the same issues on my past Z10 when I was running the old leak :P

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-16-14 09:47 AM
    Would surprise me, as they advertised the speakers as some of the best in the market
    They're not as good as the ones on the Z30. And speakers are a completely different issue from a DAC.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:50 AM
    Try wiping the phone and start again. I was having calendar issues which resolved themselves after I did a wipe.
    10-16-14 09:51 AM
    Maybe it's my sd card where all my music is on? Glad somebody else has noticed some distortion. It is quite frequent though with mine. Tried listening to some music through the earphones again and the same with the music sounding unbalanced and more on the right side.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:53 AM
    Maybe it's my sd card where all my music is on? Glad somebody else has noticed some distortion. It is quite frequent though with mine. Tried listening to some music through the earphones again and the same with the music sounding unbalanced and more on the right side.

Posted via CB10
    One thing to check
    When I first got my z10, the headphone jack was realllly tight - I wasnt plugging the headphones in all the way
    10-16-14 12:09 PM
    Had something similar with my Z10. The cheaper headphones it came with were fine. I stole my wifes Q10 better headphones and could not get it to engage completely - mono only. Skipping issues when using bluetooth only. No issues with Neutron, only with the native music player. I am now using Gonemad, an Android music player with no issues. It has one feature I wanted that Neutron doesn't.
    10-16-14 12:15 PM
    Nice avatar, GregV61! :rush:

Had something similar with my Z10. The cheaper headphones it came with were fine. I stole my wifes Q10 better headphones and could not get it to engage completely - mono only. Skipping issues when using bluetooth only. No issues with Neutron, only with the native music player. I am now using Gonemad, an Android music player with no issues. It has one feature I wanted that Neutron doesn't.
    10-16-14 12:18 PM
    Has anyone found a fix for sound stuttering while screen is off? Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1016

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:35 AM