Hi everyone

I am on my second passport device..the first one had a defective speakerphone. I have an itunes music library that is about 7.5 gb. I tried to sync it to the passport using the blackberry link software, and it only download approximately 1 gb of the library and pauses. The albums all download...but each album has 6 or 7 songs missing from it. I tried it on the first passport, and now on the second..and I am getting the same results. Can someone let me know what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks
    andy
    11-26-14 03:59 PM
    as a follow up..the download doesnt pause...it just simply goes from being appoximately 15 percent complete..so showing that it has fully downloaded the music...the download bar immediately stretches to the end and disappears (indicating the download was complete)

thanks
    andy
    11-26-14 04:01 PM
    Hi mate.

I had a similar issue. One way around it was to sync a few albums at a time. The other is to drop and drop the files onto the memory card and let the music app find the files.

Not the most seamless way but it got me around the problem. Hope that helps.
    11-26-14 04:50 PM
    Thanks for your message. I will give this a shot. By doing this, does this cause any issues with the overall sync everytime I connect the device if we input albums gradually? For example, this does not lead to duplicate albums or song perhaps

Thx again
    Andy
    11-26-14 07:25 PM
    Do you really need to use BlackBerry Link? I don't use iTunes but if I remember correctly, all your songs should be in a folder.

Maybe dragging and dropping would be better/easier?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:18 PM
    I agree with drag and drop in this case. The music app has gotten extremely good at just finding the stuff and making it easy to play. I was shocked, actually, when my old SD card filled up. Just dropped it on my Mac, got rid of a few things, made a folder on my new SD card called "Old SD," and BAM -- videos, photos and music all show up properly indexed. Pretty awesome stuff!
    11-26-14 10:28 PM
    I use MusicBee (and not iTunes), but probably it works similarly.

Step 1
    USB Mass Storage > Drag&Drop the 7.5GB into the music folder of your SD card. Takes probably only a few minutes.

Step 2
    Export the playlists (appr. 50kb small files) and move them via Drag&Drop to your SD card e.g. in the folder "misc" or "downloads", from there move it to the music folder of the internal memory.

The native music app will import the music files and playlists automatically.Job done.

Again, I am using MusicBee, but I speculate the same should be possible with iTunes.
    11-27-14 07:24 AM