I have just got a passport having got rid of my iphone 5s. Having been using itunes for years I know nothing else for music.

So what are the best alternatives, I have a fairly large catalog of music on my computer so what want something that will support me on computer and on phone. Playlists are a must

What's the best for Blackberry then?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 11:07 AM
    I think the default player on the Passport is okay. And you can sync your library from iTunes via BlackBerry Link. The issue is, are your tracks purchased (DRM) via iTunes? If so, those won't play...
    05-10-15 11:21 AM
    If you got those from itunes, do yourself a favor, get Spotify subscription. The quality of the songs and the collection is very good. The best part is Spotify android app works in BlackBerry without a problem.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-10-15 02:26 PM
    Personally, one of the things I like about Blackberrys is that you don't need iTunes to manage your subscription. Just drag and drop files from your computer to your phone, and you are done. The native player is good for creating Playlists.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK and BLK BRRY like this.
    05-10-15 03:11 PM
    Import music files to a fast micro sdcard and pop it into your phone. Done.
    And yea the native player will be where you manage the playlists.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:27 PM
    Just download Blackberry Link. That will sync your Blackberry with your iTunes. Let us know if you have issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:29 PM
    I usually use the built-in music player but also installed Neutron. Have a Mac and loads of music in iTunes. The non-DRM syncs fine.

If you need DRM'd music you have to remove the protection first.

 Posted via CB10 from my Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-10-15 04:41 PM
    Music is one of the biggest problems I'm having with Blackberry. I used Google Play Music All Access on Android, so didn't have any music files to transfer. Looking in the store, I can not find any native apps for alternative services. The only thing is Go Music (which works 30% of the time) for Google Music.

BB10 needs a good native music service. Having to use an Android app for something as heavily used as music is not cool

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:50 PM
    Music is one of the biggest problems I'm having with Blackberry. I used Google Play Music All Access on Android, so didn't have any music files to transfer. Looking in the store, I can not find any native apps for alternative services. The only thing is Go Music (which works 30% of the time) for Google Music.

BB10 needs a good native music service. Having to use an Android app for something as heavily used as music is not cool

Posted via CB10
    Streaming is generally not viable for any mobile. It just drains too much. Yea BlackBerry needs a native music service. But at the moment the best solution is to load everything you want onto an SD card. You also get to save on battery and data doing it this way.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:01 PM
    What? I've been streaming music on my phone since the day Google Music All Access was announced. It worked perfectly, saved local storage space, and gave me access to millions of songs that I otherwise would never have downloaded. The effect on battery life was negligible, especially on my previous phone, the LG G3. Even Go Music (when it works) doesn't have a significant impact on my Passport's battery life.

He'll, T-Mobile US even offers unlimited LTE speeds for music, even after you get "throttled"

BB10 does need a native music streaming service, whether that's a native app by Spotify or a brand new service from someone. BB10 needs to get with the times.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:11 PM
    Why don't you continue to use Google Music on your BlackBerry 10 device?

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    05-14-15 03:58 PM
    I havent received my PP yet, but does Google Play music work with the play services you put together Cobalt?

Thanks for all of the hard work on that btw, it will make switching from android that much easier I hope.
    05-14-15 04:09 PM
    I have amazon prime music working perfectly and I love it. I went this way because I figure it will probably end up coming to bb10 anyway, seeing how the appstore comes pre-installed and now the regular amazon app as well. It also works very well on both my z30 and my girlfriend's z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 04:25 PM
    Google Play Music works fine on Passport

Spotify works great and is $0.99 for 3 months of premium right now

Hacked Pandora apk with unlimited skips and no ads works great (shame on me)
    dblake15 likes this.
    05-14-15 04:57 PM
    Google Play Music works fine on Passport

Spotify works great and is $0.99 for 3 months of premium right now

Hacked Pandora apk with unlimited skips and no ads works great (shame on me)
    Care to share your Pandora hack?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:00 PM
    I like all my music in folders and screw Playlist. The stock music player won't search by folder and other BB10 music apps don't work well with bluetooth so I got Folder Player from Amazon store.
    Check my link out to my thread you may find it helpful if you use bluetooth.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1018423

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 08:57 PM
    Just download Blackberry Link. That will sync your Blackberry with your iTunes. Let us know if you have issues.

Posted via CB10
    I typed 'Blackberry Link' into Blackberry World and no hits...do you have a link?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 09:30 PM
    I use siriusxm on my passport! Works fine, even use my gateway on occasion

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-14-15 09:34 PM
    I typed 'Blackberry Link' into Blackberry World and no hits...do you have a link?

Posted via CB10
    On your computer.

The latest is in the Blend bundle: http://ca.blackberry.com/software/bl...d=BB10Kbd&o=10

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:08 AM
    I use siriusxm on my passport! Works fine, even use my gateway on occasion

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    Where do you get the app for Siruis?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 11:49 PM