Hello BB users,

New to the forum but long time BB user. I searched but came up empty handed so I'm hoping someone can provide some input. I just upgraded from my Z10 to Passport (AT&T). Everything is great except that I noticed my MS Outlook emails are not syncing with my handheld.

For example: when I type and send an email from my desktop my Passport does not get a copy of the outgoing mail.

In the past my Z10 will automatically save a draft so I can finish the email on my device if needed. That doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of any solutions.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    07-09-15 11:32 PM
    Hello BB users,

New to the forum but long time BB user. I searched but came up empty handed so I'm hoping someone can provide some input. I just upgraded from my Z10 to Passport (AT&T). Everything is great except that I noticed my MS Outlook emails are not syncing with my handheld.

For example: when I type and send an email from my desktop my Passport does not get a copy of the outgoing mail.

In the past my Z10 will automatically save a draft so I can finish the email on my device if needed. That doesn't seem to be the case this time around.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of any solutions.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Are you talking about outlook.com or outlook the desktop program?

How did you set the account up? Might just try deleting it and go back and reinstall it and make sure you have the sync email box check.
    07-10-15 08:15 AM
    Set up email on computer as imap, same goes for BlackBerry Passport. Then it should work fine in both directions.

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    07-10-15 10:12 AM
    Have you configured Outlook on PP as Active sync?

Posted via Q10
    07-10-15 10:17 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is only possible with a BES outlook account!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-10-15 11:17 AM
    Show hidden or sent files enabled on BlackBerry?
    Is Outlook have a filing rule for sent emails and is such folder NOT in a pst, or if into a folder is THAT Folder sync'd on BlackBerry?!

Lots of things to think about.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 12:12 PM

How did you set the account up? Might just try deleting it and go back and reinstall it and make sure you have the sync email box check.
    Hi thanks for the reply. I'm talking about the desktop program. I am using it to host my bluehost domain email. Everything worked fine on my z10...

I'll give deleting a try...
    07-10-15 01:41 PM
    Set up email on computer as imap, same goes for BlackBerry Passport. Then it should work fine in both directions.

Yup, both desktop and device is set up as imap but still no luck
    07-10-15 01:43 PM

Hi, I'm referring the the the desktop program not outlook.com (email.outlook.com). I'm using it to host my bluehost email domain. I'll give deleting a try. Fingers crossed
    07-10-15 01:45 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is only possible with a BES outlook account!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    BES is not required for outlook.com emails to be synced between devices. And yes Outlook.com can use Active Sync which is MUCH better than IMAP.... all for free.

But the OP might be talking about the desktop Outlook program, and it that case it depends upon the email account and how it operates. BES did allow for syncing of older POP account, but the OP stated he just moved from a Z10 to a Passport so . So really it sounds like he just has a setting wrong on the Passport.
    07-10-15 01:50 PM
    Check in folder setting if you have checked the sent folder or any other folder you want.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 02:00 PM
    BES is not required for outlook.com emails to be synced between devices. And yes Outlook.com can use Active Sync which is MUCH better than IMAP.... all for free.

But the OP might be talking about the desktop Outlook program, and it that case it depends upon the email account and how it operates. BES did allow for syncing of older POP account, but the OP stated he just moved from a Z10 to a Passport so . So really it sounds like he just has a setting wrong on the Passport.
    hi, you're correct. i am using the desktop program. i deleted and reinstalled the email account on both my device and desktop. unfortunately this did not solve the problem.

what settings should i go over assuming there is a missed check mark?

trying to respond sooner but admin is filtering my messages - i guess it's because i'm a newbie. thanks for your help
    07-10-15 02:22 PM
    bluehost supports imap https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/37 try and configure your email as imap?
    07-10-15 03:23 PM

imap has been set on both - it's a no go
    07-10-15 04:54 PM
    Generally, IMAP accounts will save sent emails in the "sent" folder. ActiveSyce is generally better if you can use that.

Maybe if you tell us the server info, your username and password, we can test it out.
    07-11-15 03:46 AM
    Draft Sync does not work in MS outlook 365. This is a MS limitation. If you search about it you will find the same bad news. MS active Sync for $4.00 a month is an excellent email service. Not very easy to get set up with your domain but worth it. Everything else will sync but drafts will not do this.

The answer is that the capability for syncing the Drafts folder was intentionally removed by the Office-365 team. They are purposefully blocking access to the Drafts folder when communicating over the Exchange ActiveSync protocol.

There was no explanation provided as to *why* they chose to do this.

You can read more about the issue and follow the thread at: social.msdn.microsoft.com/.../why-doesnt-using-eas-to-sync-drafts-from-server-to-client-work-anymore
    07-11-15 03:54 AM
    Check if there is a setting to save the draft on the mail server rather than local.

On my apple mail, i could create a draft in desktop that would be viewable on bb, but not the other way.
    07-11-15 04:01 AM
    Use active sync. My university email uses outlook and active sync works. Drafts appear immediately in my hub

Crackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Passport
    07-11-15 05:37 AM
    Easy peasy!

Delete and re-add outlook account on your Z10.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 05:41 AM
    Do you have drafts set to sync?
    07-11-15 07:30 AM
    My understanding from a former Microsoft ActiveSync programmer is that some syncing only goes one direction. Drafts seem to show up on my BlackBerry if I started it on my computer in Outlook, but not the other way around.

ActiveSync doesn't allow email to be uploaded into some special folders.
    07-11-15 11:15 PM
    I have the same issue since upgrading from Z10 to Passport. I was on the phone with BB tech support for over an hour trying to figure this out. The issue got escalated and BB tech support will contact me later this afternoon with a solution (fingers crossed).

The information they requested from me was:

- Two screen shots of my email folder
    - To select "create report" under help icon, "BlackBerry Software Logging Tool" & create log

The tech confirmed receiving the info. I'll keep you guys posted on this.
    NYCDweller likes this.
    07-13-15 11:49 AM
    I have the same issue since upgrading from Z10 to Passport. I was on the phone with BB tech support for over an hour trying to figure this out. The issue got escalated and BB tech support will contact me later this afternoon with a solution (fingers crossed).

The information they requested from me was:

- Two screen shots of my email folder
    - To select "create report" under help icon, "BlackBerry Software Logging Tool" & create log

The tech confirmed receiving the info. I'll keep you guys posted on this.
    thanks for sharing! and i thought i was the only one trying to figure this out
    07-13-15 11:54 AM