I second this.

Passport is my first BlackBerry. Before it I was a six-year iPhone user. Passport is a great phone and the system is much more efficient in handling emails and schedules etc. than the iPhone. But don't expect you will have a good experience on apps. Most of the BlackBerry apps remind me of Jurassic era. If you take a look at the BlackBerry World, many apps have not been updated for at least half a year. And you may have to pay for mediocre third party replacements that you can get for free on an iPhone. If you are social, I would recommend you stay with iPhone. I would caution you that people that can stick with BlackBerry are less likely to be in need of the ios ecosystem.
    You get the free apps off android. To me there's nothing better than BlackBerry as a smartPHONE. So an iOS tablet to pair is what I think is best

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 11:45 AM
    I also moved from the iphone to the passport and I have no regrets. I am spending way less time on my iPad now.
    Skype sucks on the passport but BBM is a joy to use and many of my family and friends have moved to BBM now as well. The call quality is superb.

Posted via CB10
    thedose and Andy_bb_king like this.
    12-12-14 12:53 PM
    Welcome to Blackberry world of open policy where you are free to download any files you want on your phone and upload files to any websites.

Well, I'm sold. I will move out from the closed Apple ecosystem. It will be tough, but I really feel the need to move away. Thank you all for the amazing help!
    That's something you have to use and see for yourself. I haven't had any freezing problem for over a month usage now. Different people have different experiences.

The double contacts problems has something to do with your contacts being on multiple email or social networking account and that's why it's syncing duplicate contacts. You can fix it by keeping your contacts clean and backed up on one account only.

I was also considering the Classic, yet the screen seems a bit small and the lower specs may not be a good idea in the long run. Passport seesm to be the perfect choice. I also considered the Galaxy S5/Note 4 for a while, yet it seems more of the same (as in iOS). The system stability is a major key for me, even though I've read here that some people are having problems with BB10, like double contacts entries, freezings, etc.

Hope the next OS update fixes this!
    12-12-14 02:13 PM
    Just wanted to say about the freezing issue... I've had only 2 incidents of freezing in a year, and both of them had to do with OS updates, and both were non-recurring and easily fixed with a reboot. The whole 'BlackBerries freeze' thing was an issue with BB7 and the prior OS. You might run into a freeze once or twice while the device is breaking in or with a new OS update, but typically BB10 devices are super stable.

From a Z30
    12-12-14 07:47 PM
    Just a note on the Z10, which is getting on for two years old now, but has been flawless for me:
    1) Buy the 4,500 Mah battery + cover that is available on eBay. Battery lasts forever at the expense of a bit more heft and weight.
    2) Download Neutron music player if music playback quality is important. Interface is not very good but the features and sound quality are excellent and far better than the native music player.
    3) Sideloading Snap opens the door to the Google Play app store. It's a bit of a faff but the "no apps" criticism is really no longer valid.

Can't comment on the BB v. iPhone question, but it's great to see that BlackBerry are very far from being dead and have renewed credence amongst iPhone and Android users.
    12-13-14 06:23 AM
    Oh and as for freezing (since I just read a couple of posts above) my Z10 has NEVER frozen up, and it has now been continuously switched on for 21 months.
    12-13-14 06:25 AM
    Hello everybody!

I'm with some doubts about changing from iPhone to Blackberry. This is a pretty major change since I've been using iPhones since day one, yet i'm getting more and more frustrated about the poor battery life, software updates that make my phone go slower and overall glitches I dislike.

I will write some questions in topics in order to be easier to understand my concerns:

1) I use iCloud to sync Calendars, Notes and Contacts. I've read that I can still use iCoud with BB10, yet I also read I can't. Can someone enlight me on this?

2) Apple offers iCoud for all that sync. Does Blackberry also offer a similar service? If yes, does it sync immediately between devices and can I setup it on my iPad and Macs easily?

3) I heavily use Skype, Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest. Yeah, pretty social. Can I use all this inside the HUB? If yes, constant notifications wont drain the Passport battery? On my iPhone the battery is almost dead by noon... Also, do we get these apps as natives?

4) Music. I listen to a lot of music and I'm pretty picky about organization and sound quality of my music. In order to transfer music to Blackberry can. I use iTunes (Mac), or only drag and drop of folders? How is the sound quality of the BB10 native player?

5) Software updates are automatic? I've been reading about people installing their own updates and about leaks, offical, unofficial, etc. Seems confusing. How does this work? The same question applies to BB/Android apps.

6) Can I add multiple alarms to a calendar entry? Or at least force several notifications in different days for a calendar entry?

7) Apple updates his phones every year. iPhone 4,4s, 5, 5s, etc. Pretty anoying for such expensive phones. How does Blackberry work? Same way, or a phone is meant to last a lot of time?

I'm just convincing myself to ditch Apple phones. I really dig the iPad and the Macs, but iPhones are making me go nuts...

I'll try to remember more question to ask over the next minutes :-)

Thank you very much!
    I moved from iOS to BlackBerry 10 in January and back to iOS two weeks ago.

iCloud support is not without bugs. I never got my calendar to work properly, some events were never uploaded. I switched to another provider that worked a little better, but it wasn't perfect. BlackBerry doesn't have the same push support als iOS has, so most often you will be stuck with fetch rather than push, which is slower. BlackBerry doesn't have a sophisticated cloud service, but it does have an (almost) similar feature to Find My iPhone (BlackBerry Protect) and it will rollout BlackBerry Blend soon (which I haven't tested). However, this requires you to use a separate app, so it's not possible to use Blend without installing the app (may be a problem on public/enterprise computers). BlackBerry 10 doesn't store app data or your backups in the cloud, you have to make those manually (making a backup is really slow with BlackBerry Link: it requires a USB connection and there are no incremental updates).

The app situation is something you should think about carefully. Facebook and LinkedIn are indeed supported natively and integrated in the Hub (although these apps themselves are just not as great as on iOS, they receive a great deal of criticism around here). Skype is not native, BlackBerry World only has an out-of-date Android port (which doesn't have proper push notifications). It is very slow and messes with your contacts (it recreates your Skype contacts as address-book contacts). Pinterest is not available at all, you need to install an Android app for that (from Amazon or Google Play). Mind you that the experience of Android apps is sometimes in stark contrast to iOS, and BlackBerry 10 doesn't fully support Android apps either (push notifications are not properly supported, in many instances you actually need to keep the app running to receive them, which can eat up battery; Google Play Services are not supported, which prevents you from using several great Android apps, especially the ones of Google's ecosystem).

For music you can use BlackBerry Link, which uses your iTunes Library for syncing. This app is very glitchy, especially on Mac. It is prone to crashes and not very fast, . It also messed with my iTunes Library a bit, which resulted in mislabeled and even deleted songs. Be sure to pay attention to what you're doing with it. I'm not lying when I say that it's on of the most unstable apps on my Mac, I absolutely loathe it. On the device, the music player is fine. It is not great and certainly not as powerful as Apple's Music app, but it does the job.

Software updates are not automatic, but they are downloaded for you in the background (optional). It is possible to install older, beta, and preview versions of BlackBerry 10 software, which is something iOS doesn't let you do. However, this depends on you being comfortable doing this (and being willing to restore everything every once in a while) and making constant backups.

There are no multiple alarms for calendar entries, you'll only receive one notification. But you can create repeated calendar entries (on specific days).

BlackBerry 10 is probably just as much updated as iOS. BlackBerry 10.2 was released last year, 10.2.1 in January/February and the next version is due to be released soon. It is possible to get these updates earlier, but you will have to deal with some bugs too. Carriers, depending on country (especially US), are slow to push official updates. That is something you should keep in mind.

I would like to add that you shouldn't make this step too lightly. If battery life is a problem for you, that is a good and understandable reason. However, not every BlackBerry phone has the same good battery life (my Z10 certainly didn't, so avoid this one if you need dependable battery life). BlackBerry 10 has its own share of glitches and missing features too (which is why many people here anticipate these leaks so much). You will at times have to find workarounds for the things you were able to do on your iPhone (I had to switch cloud providers and make some changes to my email workflows). Especially the Android support is something I greatly overestimated, the experience just isn't comparable to a good iOS app. BlackBerry 10 native apps are rare, and not many of them are really good. Also the Hub is a great tool in theory, but it lacks third-party support. Its email capabilities are not as rich as on iOS, but you will find a great deal of debate about this around here. The Hub only really shines with BlackBerry's own apps (including BBM) and WhatsApp, it isn't the Holy Grail.
    Last edited by Eitot; 12-13-14 at 11:00 AM.
    12-13-14 06:55 AM
    I'm using the Z30, I'm a moderate user and at the end of every day I usually have a little over half my battery power remaining. If you want to go all touch get the Z30, it has a bigger screen. The Z30 is only 19% larger than the Z10, yet the screen is over 40% larger than the Z10.

Keep in mind that a huge update is coming in the BB10 operating system any week now. From 10.2 to 10.3. Should make using Android apps a better experience.

But what I really want to comment on is your music listening experience. If you're an audiophile like me, forget using the native music player and download Neutron Music Player app.

Neutron Music Player - BlackBerry World

http://neutronmp.com/neutronforum.html

It has all the control on it, just as if you were using a high end stereo system at home. Including an impressive EQ, dither, low pass filter, etc. But a little tip, if you crank up the bass, you have to turn down the preamp, and use the power amp to turn up the volume, otherwise you will get the bass signal clipping. It's not for casual users, there's a learning curve to all the controls, menus and settings. It'll be frustrating at first, but well worth it in the long run, you'll never go back to a basic music player again.

The only thing I miss from using an Apple device for listening to music, is that with Apple you can choose Genre, then you're presented with a list of Artists (in that genre), then after choosing the artist you have a list of albums. With BlackBerry, if you choose Genre, you're presented with a list of albums in that genre, which if you have a lot of music is no good. So what happens is that now I always pick Artists, then after choosing an Artist I'm presented with a list of albums, there is no choosing Genre first.

If you do get a BlackBerry device, make sure you come to these forum boards for tips and advice after. The people here are very helpful.
    12-13-14 06:57 AM
    I'm in the process of making the same switch. I've been using a red passport for the past two weeks, having come from an iphone 6. There is certainly a learning curve and I will make my final decision before my 30 day return window is up. So far I do find it to be vastly superior for getting actual work done while on the move. Also, I'm not a big social media user so lack of some of those apps is a non-issue for me. I've found myself recently not using my phone much for work, other than calls, simply because the email experience isn't great. For example, no reflow of text with pinch to zoom on the iphone or on android, which can be important for those of us over 45.

Blackberry Link on the Mac is definitely buggy and the music syncing is very bad and will only sync about a third of my songs. However, since the phone mounts as a drive on my mac I can just drag my itunes folder over and copy the music that way. I'm not buying new music every day so that's not much of an issue for me, your situation may be different. Icloud email has synced just fine, no issues there. My calendar is on exchange with my work account and that is great. I would suggest doing a google search on how best to setup caldav for calendar syncing with icloud. I've done this on other devices and it works fine, but you have to determine the correct server to use.

Battery is killer and I haven't seen any weird issues so far. I really love the keyboard and the wider screen and the build quality is excellent. Good luck.
    12-13-14 07:33 AM
    I've found myself recently not using my phone much for work, other than calls, simply because the email experience isn't great. For example, no reflow of text with pinch to zoom on the iphone or on android, which can be important for those of us over 45.
    I'm curious about this, what do you mean exactly?
    12-13-14 07:45 AM
    Just sold my iPhone 6+ for passport, I've owned every model of iPhone available but nothing gets past the screen on the passport!. This phone is in a league of its own, just like the galaxy note when it first appeared and people thought there was no market for it. The passport is a game changer. The intuitive keypad and touch pad, the cpu and gpu, the new access to BlackBerry blend and how much better 10.3 is over past OS...use the passport for a couple days....trust me it's amazing

And I love to be different, try new things, get a perspective from your own view...the media plays a huge factor in choice, just get what feels right to you and gives back to you....BlackBerry is a solid choice going in 2015...new updates on the horizon, more choices of phones and without consumer support what's the point?....gotta give them a chance...just like you did iPhone

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    12-13-14 07:50 AM
    Funny thing. I just got rid of my z30 and went for the iPhone 6. I've been a blackberry guy for about 14 years. Still testing the 6 and comparing the pros and cons. Z30 is so much heavier than the 6. One of the reasons decided to give the 6 a try. Also the availability of accessories in stores for the z30 compared to the 6. Gotta go online to get most if not all of the accessories for the z.
    Drewpoc likes this.
    12-13-14 08:04 AM
    Funny thing. I just got rid of my z30 and went for the iPhone 6. I've been a blackberry guy for about 14 years. Still testing the 6 and comparing the pros and cons. Z30 is so much heavier than the 6. One of the reasons decided to give the 6 a try. Also the availability of accessories in stores for the z30 compared to the 6. Gotta go online to get most if not all of the accessories for the z.
    Ya, accessories for BlackBerry are tougher due to demand. Enjoy your new iPhone 6....but remember BlackBerry always loves you

Brought to you by...my Passport!
    12-13-14 08:09 AM
    My $0.02 from a Z10 user: BB10+Office365+MS Exchange Online is the greatest thing ever. You are not locked in to any device or tablet or desktop. I even use the Exchange account on my PlayBook for email, contacts, and calendar. If I wanted to use a PC plus Z10 plus ipad, no problem. Then change over to Mac plus android plus Surface, no problem. Almost any platform connects to Exchange Online. And with O365, you get unlimited space on OneDrive. You can move everything over to OneDrive and never lose a step.
    Drewpoc likes this.
    12-13-14 08:22 AM
    I use BlackBerry Link to sync directly to my MacBook Pro over wifi. When I come in the house, any new pictures, music, contacts, appointments all go directly to my Mac with no action required. At work, MS Exchange syncs everything perfectly and in real time.

You can set alarms and reminders in various ways -- through Remember, the calendar, or the clock itself. Should not be a problem.

As for apps, I really don't see what the issue is. I find the apps in BlackBerry World to be quite good, especially the ones with the "Built for BlackBerry" seal. I was comparing with an iPhone using friend recently, and he didn't have a single app for which I did not have an equivalent or could not do the same thing without even using an app.

And I wouldn't worry about freezing or anything like that. I think you'll find the OS to be quite stable. In the very rare even that an app acts up, you just close it and the rest of the system just keeps on going without skipping a beat. It's pretty cool.

So give it a whirl. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have any trouble selling it.
    12-13-14 09:02 AM
    Eitot just gave me the chills...
    12-13-14 09:58 AM
    Eitot just gave me the chills...
    After rereading my post, I have to admit that it comes off a lot more negative than I intended. The thing is just that iOS users typically enjoy a high standard of quality apps and services. The OS is limited, granted, and it has its glitches after every major release (iOS 8 has been a low for Apple, I admit), but you will end up disappointed if you think that Android or BlackBerry 10 won't have these issues. On top of that you will have to accept a subpar experience when it comes to apps on BlackBerry 10 and even some of its core features, like the Hub, are disappointingly sparse supported. You will probably be relying a great deal on Android apps and you have to accept that these are basically just simulated. They interact somewhat with your system (access to your data and hardware), but there are limits (push notifications, no Hub support). Some Android apps don't work at all (my banking app never loaded, the screen remains white on BlackBerry 10 but runs perfectly fine on Android phones).

If you can tell me what issues you specifically have with iOS , I can give more detailed explanations about the situation on BlackBerry 10. The battery is without a doubt one of the iPhone's downsides, but I am so far rather impressed with my iPhone 6 in that regard. I get through a day of heavy usage easily and with moderate or light use, you can get several days. It has incredible energy efficiency and standby times and you can optimise a great deal manually too (background support and push notifications can be disabled on a per app basis). The only problem is the small battery.
    12-13-14 10:45 AM
    After rereading my post, I have to admit that it comes off a lot more negative than I intended. The thing is just that iOS users typically enjoy a high standard of quality apps and services. The OS is limited, granted, and it has its glitches after every major release (iOS 8 has been a low for Apple, I admit), but you will end up disappointed if you think that Android or BlackBerry 10 won't have these issues. On top of that you will have to accept a subpar experience when it comes to apps on BlackBerry 10 and even some of its core features, like the Hub, are disappointingly sparse supported. You will probably be relying a great deal on Android apps and you have to accept that these are basically just simulated. They interact somewhat with your system (access to your data and hardware), but there are limits (push notifications, no Hub support). Some Android apps don't work at all (my banking app never loaded, the screen remains white on BlackBerry 10 but runs perfectly fine on Android phones).

If you can tell me what issues you specifically have with iOS , I can give more detailed explanations about the situation on BlackBerry 10. The battery is without a doubt one of the iPhone's downsides, but I am so far rather impressed with my iPhone 6 in that regard. I get through a day of heavy usage easily and with moderate or light use, you can get several days. It has incredible energy efficiency and standby times and you can optimise a great deal manually too (background support and push notifications can be disabled on a per app basis). The only problem is the small battery.
    You sir have not spent enough time on a BlackBerry 10 let alone a Passport with 10.3 or 10.3.1. Huge amount of changes and updates. The android runtime is way better. Songza actually runs better than my friends S4. The Hub is also very customized and very well supported in 10.3. I have all the integration I could possibly want. I actually wish you could stop game notifications from showing up. BlackBerry 10 just keeps getting better and growing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NtotheK; 12-13-14 at 12:06 PM.
    thedose likes this.
    12-13-14 11:42 AM
    This is one of the reasons I keep delaying my decision. Geez, I just spent a couple of hours reading about Android devices.

I hear a lot of praise for the Blackberry OS/Passport, but every once in a while someone comes up with a lot of problems, specially focused on what I need and expect. They are a tiny minority, yet makes me wonder if I'm doing the correct thing.

Right now I'm keeping my decision to move to Blackberry, yet in the last few hours I even considered the iPhone Plus (for the battery), OnePlus One and the Samsung S5. I'm not how sure right now. I just want to move away from Apple phones now...
    12-13-14 12:36 PM
    You sir have not spent enough time on a BlackBerry 10 let alone a Passport with 10.3 or 10.3.1. Huge amount of changes and updates. The android runtime is way better. Songza actually runs better than my friends S4. The Hub is also very customized and very well supported in 10.3. I have all the integration I could possibly want. I actually wish you could stop game notifications from showing up. BlackBerry 10 just keeps getting better and growing.
    I have no Passport, I never claimed I did. And I did run 10.3 for months and 10.3.1 since the second build became available. The Android runtime still doesn't support the things I mentioned, many apps don't properly support push notifications and thus need to run in the background. These apps are also not integrated in the Hub, they all just show under the misc category 'Notifications' were all other non-Hub apps are located. Lack of Google Play Services support is still a problem and the app I mentioned still doesn't run. But since you didn't address my points directly and remain obscure about it, there is no point in debating this.

This is one of the reasons I keep delaying my decision. Geez, I just spent a couple of hours reading about Android devices.

I hear a lot of praise for the Blackberry OS/Passport, but every once in a while someone comes up with a lot of problems, specially focused on what I need and expect. They are a tiny minority, yet makes me wonder if I'm doing the correct thing.

Right now I'm keeping my decision to move to Blackberry, yet in the last few hours I even considered the iPhone Plus (for the battery), OnePlus One and the Samsung S5. I'm not how sure right now. I just want to move away from Apple phones now...
    I can completely understand the temptation. I've been there as well in January. I didn't like what had become of iOS 7 and I was hellbent on trying something different. I was getting tired of iOS, but it's easy to overlook that iOS itself has a pretty good user experience already, so it will be difficult to find complete satisfaction elsewhere. Sometimes you just need to see what's happening across the pond to appreciate what you have and gain a little perspective. Android is a very cool system too with lots of great apps as well and plenty of hardware to choose from. I would certainly recommend to check it out and I would advise you to go to a shop and play around with these phones, or ask a friend for a demonstration.
    12-13-14 12:43 PM

Passport is my one and only smartphone and it's almost perfect for me. OP, you will understandably get lots of different opinions and suggestions when asked on an Internet forum like CB. At the end of the day all these discussion will not replace the hands-on verification.

If you want a different experience than what you have gotten used to with iOS, BlackBerry Passport is your best bet. You can always return it after a few weeks if you find the difference is unfavorable.

I believe the customer reviews on BlackBerry 10 devices are unbelievably high on Amazon, or all those carriers websites, which means that, most of the people actually spent money on and had hands-on experience with it, like it. So the chance is good that you will like what you get... no guarantee But the chance is good.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-13-14 01:06 PM
    I have no Passport, I never claimed I did. And I did run 10.3 for months and 10.3.1 since the second build became available. The Android runtime still doesn't support the things I mentioned, many apps don't properly support push notifications and thus need to run in the background. These apps are also not integrated in the Hub, they all just show under the misc category 'Notifications' were all other non-Hub apps are located. Lack of Google Play Services support is still a problem and the app I mentioned still doesn't run. But since you didn't address my points directly and remain obscure about it, there is no point in debating this.

I can completely understand the temptation. I've been there as well in January. I didn't like what had become of iOS 7 and I was hellbent on trying something different. I was getting tired of iOS, but it's easy to overlook that iOS itself has a pretty good user experience already, so it will be difficult to find complete satisfaction elsewhere. Sometimes you just need to see what's happening across the pond to appreciate what you have and gain a little perspective. Android is a very cool system too with lots of great apps as well and plenty of hardware to choose from. I would certainly recommend to check it out and I would advise you to go to a shop and play around with these phones, or ask a friend for a demonstration.
    Why are you even commenting in a Passport thread if you haven't used one or the have no insight on the device. I understand and appreciate your knowledge of BlackBerry 10 however you fail to elaborate on your issues with hub integration and android support. Also your belief that the android is a "simulator" is a little off. Its a fully functional android 4.4 runtime just without Google services. If BlackBerry isn't for you that's fine but please don't persuade people away with false statements and issues that you had on previous BlackBerrys or unreleased beta software. I previously stated that a BlackBerry might not be the best choice for the OP. BlackBerry 10 is designed as a powerful productivity tool for people that need to be productive in a secure environment.

Edit: Referring to your issue with the Hub and notifications. I would never expect an Android app to fully integrate with the Hub considering it was never coded too. The fact that it shows up in the Hub under notifications is still much better than nothing. BlackBerry has done a lot for developers and making the tools available. Its just a matter of the developers updating their apps for BlackBerry 10. If you rely heavily on apps than BlackBerry 10 may not be for you. This has been known for some time.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NtotheK; 12-13-14 at 01:25 PM.
    Andy_bb_king, BBRYQ10 and thedose like this.
    12-13-14 01:15 PM
    Yeah seriously, I am sick and tired of reading posts from users who don't have a passport and/or are running a leaked OS 10.3, or 10.3.1 on their Z10/Z30/Q10/non-Passport device complaining about it... spreading negativity

Please, if you don't have a Passport.... stay out of this forum

And as to the OP and anyone else reading this: if you are still feeling shaky after reading some of the idiotic negative posts in this thread (by people who don't have Passports), just ignore those posts and read ones only from people who have the Passport. -- you'll clearly see that the comments from people who actually have the Passport are pretty much all positive.

I still don't get why there are so many non-passport users posting in the Passport forums...

Really wish I could neg-rep on this site
    Last edited by thedose; 12-13-14 at 03:19 PM.
    Andy_bb_king, BBRYQ10 and NtotheK like this.
    12-13-14 01:46 PM
    Why are you even commenting in a Passport thread if you haven't used one or the have no insight on the device. I understand and appreciate your knowledge of BlackBerry 10 however you fail to elaborate on your issues with hub integration and android support. Also your belief that the android is a "simulator" is a little off. Its a fully functional android 4.4 runtime just without Google services. If BlackBerry isn't for you that's fine but please don't persuade people away with false statements and issues that you had on previous BlackBerrys or unreleased beta software. I previously stated that a BlackBerry might not be the best choice for the OP. BlackBerry 10 is designed as a powerful productivity tool for people that need to be productive in a secure environment.

Edit: Referring to your issue with the Hub and notifications. I would never expect an Android app to fully integrate with the Hub considering it was never coded too. The fact that it shows up in the Hub under notifications is still much better than nothing. BlackBerry has done a lot for developers and making the tools available. Its just a matter of the developers updating their apps for BlackBerry 10. If you rely heavily on apps than BlackBerry 10 may not be for you. This has been known for some time.
    Posted via CB10
    The OP only asked BlackBerry 10 questions and I gave my opinion on those. I refrained from commenting on any hardware-related questions aside from the battery (I even conceded this point to BlackBerry). I am perfectly entitled to do that. The OP asked his questions and I answered from my own perspective, after having used BlackBerry 10 extensively for a year and understanding what it's like to make the switch from years of iOS.

The Android runtime is more of a simulated experience, because it is not native (and this should be made clear). Android apps run within a separate runtime of their own and are limited in the extent in which they can reach out to other native apps, starting with the Hub. Full Hub support, and by that I mean more than a simple message under the notifications tab, is limited to native apps only, and not even many third-party apps exist that support this properly. People here mention the Hub as the crown piece while neglecting to mention that the experience falls short when Android apps and unsupported native apps are involved. For you that may be 'better than nothing' for others this can be important information when intending to make the switch, in part because of the Hub. This is a bit of honesty, plain and simple. It is also true hat Google Play Services is an impediment to some of the great apps on Snap, and some apps don't work at all. It's simply the truth and deserves mentioning. As the OP already mentioned app support on his list, I'm simply giving my opinion of it.

I'm not even saying that BlackBerry has done a poor job or that their developer tools are bad. The truth of the matter is that many native apps are missing, the Hub is not extensively supported (and if you're used to having plenty of notifications, you might even think that iOS' notification center is perhaps more to your liking), Android apps (if they do run) may not run the same as they do on Android devices, the experience is still a bit different.

Yeah seriously, I am sick and tired of reading posts from users who don't have a passport and/or are running a leaked OS 10.3, or 10.3.1 on their Z10/Z30/Q10/non-Passport device complaining about it... spreading negativity

Please, if you don't have a Passport.... stay out of this forum

And as to the OP and anyone else reading this: if you are still feeling shaky after reading some of the idiotic negative posts in this thread (by people who don't have Passports), just ignore those posts and read ones only from people who have the Passport. -- you'll clearly see that the comments from people who actually have the Passport are pretty much all positive.

I still don't get why there are so many non-passport users posting in the Passport forums...

Really wish I could neg-rep on this site
    The same goes to you: read the OP. Although this was posted in the Passport forum (which I didn't even notice), his questions were almost exclusively OS-related. Instead of countering my points to assure the OP that my posts are a bit one-sided, all you do is argue ad hominem. The fact that few others mention the negative sides is even more a reason why I should paint a different picture too. Don't pretend that unhappy BlackBerry users don't exist.
    12-13-14 03:26 PM
    Although this was posted in the Passport forum (which I didn't even notice)
    It doesn't matter if he's asking about BB10 OS questions or not because even if you are running the same OS build on a Z10/Z30/Q10 as a Passport user, the user experience is different because of the device. It doesn't matter, it will always be dependent upon the device used. So please take your negativity with whatever phone you have elsewhere. If he was asking solely about the BB10 OS, he would have created this thread in the OS sub-forum.

Now, let's keep this thread from derailing as some posters are clearly trying to do here...

Since this is THE BLACKBERRY PASSPORT SUB-FORUM, this thread should only have posts from people who actually own the Blackberry Passport.

All other posts are irrelevant and should be posted in their respective sub-forums; ie, Blackberry 10 OS questions in the BB10 OS sub-forum, Z30/Z10/Q10/all other non-Passport devices in their respective sub-forums.

Back to the main subject please: The OP is wondering whether or not switching from an iPhone to a Blackberry Passport will be difficult.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-13-14 04:03 PM
69 123