My wife wants a PP, however she is reluctant because she says when she buys a new Android phone all her contacts automatically populate in the new phone. I figured this must be a Google related thing.

So, my question is it possible to easily bring over contacts? I came back to BlackBerry from iPhone, so I don't have a clue about android.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 06:40 PM
    You can save all the contacts to the simcard. If she uses Gmail she can save them to her emmail and easily add them through the add accounts section.

Passport  - Tthe Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Apparel | Headshop | Vapeshop | Tattoos
    07-24-15 06:51 PM
    Use MyContactBackUp app

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 08:36 PM
    Passport automatically preserves your Gmail and facebook contacts upon account setup. You can add any other accounts and it will fetch all contacts associated with it. Or, you can simply use Device Switch app.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    07-24-15 11:08 PM
    My wife wants a PP, however she is reluctant because she says when she buys a new Android phone all her contacts automatically populate in the new phone. I figured this must be a Google related thing.

So, my question is it possible to easily bring over contacts? I came back to BlackBerry from iPhone, so I don't have a clue about android.

Posted via CB10
    It's super easy! All she needs to do is set up her Gmail account in account settings and toggle email,contacts or calendar to your choosing and once the account is set up all her contacts will appear! Keep in mind BlackBerry devices manages contacts,email and calendars and can be custom set to your preference. Email is always tied in with contacts and calendar in bbos10 just make sure you toggle those features on. It's that easy!

Once that is done open the contacts and go to settings and make sure that particular contacts list (gmail) is set.

In my case I have my contacts set to show all of my contacts in facebook,twitter,bbm and gmail and you can further custom show or unshow birthdays and anniversaries.

Whatever you toggle to show will automatically be fetched and populated.
     Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-25-15 01:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is the same as android, when she first setup her PP go to Setup, Accounts, Add Accounts, choose Email, Calender and Contacts, enter her Gmail address, password and done. She will have her contacts in PP populated.

Please take note that, it is better to setup with wifi connection as faster. Give a day or two for PP to settle down and indexing everything.

When she have her contacts populated, she can re-arrange them by going to "contact", swipe down from top, "setting", and choose "Show Account in Contact List"

If she misses her Android apps which not available in BB world, just install SNAP or Google play store by Cobalt into her PP and all set to go. Enjoy
    07-25-15 01:35 AM