I left my BB Passport in for repair as it wouldn't charge and I just got a call from the repair shop to say they had fixed the problem but have now discovered that the motherboard on my passport is gone and therefore the phone is unrepairable. I only have the phone since last May and it never fell or anything.
    Does anyone know why my motherboard would be broken and also would it be covered by BlackBerry warranty as the phone is not a year old?
    Thanks
    01-30-16 07:06 AM
    I'm having a similar problem finding a motherboard for a Z10. You could always contact blackberry and have them fix it.

Did the phone shops break it further during repair? I seriously doubt they would admit it.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 07:13 AM
    check the clip :
    At 4:14 the guy is has the motherboard.
    On top you'll see the sockets for the simcard and sdcard.
    at the bottom you'll see the charging port.
    It's all connected.
    I think you'll be granted a new device.
    karenmoco likes this.
    01-30-16 07:43 AM
    Thanks for your reply. After watching the video below I think the phone repair shop could've broken it further but as you say they are never going to admit it...
    01-31-16 03:59 AM
    Hi!
    Thanks for the video. I imagine the phone repair shop broke the motherboard because there was nothing wrong with the phone other than it wouldn't charge when I left it in. I highly doubt that the shop will admit liability though
    01-31-16 04:01 AM
    I believe the repair shop tried to replace the charging port but something went wrong. Best thing you can do is contact Blackberry and explain the situation. Ask them how to proceed. Normally the repairshop would send the device to a blackberry repairshop. It is possible the repairshop already got in contact with blackberry to replace the whole motherboard?
    01-31-16 06:04 AM
    Ask for a replacement!
    01-31-16 08:33 AM
    The repair shop are advertised as a BlackBerry authorised repair agent. They contacted me to say that when they fixed the charger they turned the phone on and realised that the motherboard was gone and are saying it's not repairable. They aren't taking any responsibility for breaking it. I'll contact them again tomorrow and see what they say.
    Thanks again
    Karen
    01-31-16 08:55 AM
    Hi Karen,

Did you contact Blackberry? that's the first place I would turn to for advise.
    You could also get in contact with the store where you bought the device. If they advice you to go to the repair shop, the store should provide you a new device. Blackberry warranty is 1 year.
    02-06-16 10:45 AM
    hello

is there any online shop with parts to blackberry?

on the ebay are only the screen replacements.
    02-06-16 11:16 AM
    02-10-16 06:08 AM
    Ebay is a good place to buy spare parts

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    02-10-16 09:53 AM