Basically, I'd like to know which of the apps is the tidiest and easiest to use. No gimmicks, just directions.
    01-18-15 11:51 PM
    Most responsive: BlackBerry Maps
    Easiest: BlackBerry Maps
    Most functional: Google Maps

I'm assuming that you are using a BB10 phone. If I had to recommend one, I'd suggest installing Google Maps.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-18-15 11:54 PM
    I like navfree as well... it's literally free with voice guidance

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:06 AM

I'm assuming that you are using a BB10 phone. If I had to recommend one, I'd suggest installing Google Maps.

Q10/10.3.1.821

Hum blackberry maps is really slow, and bad!! I think is the worst navigation app I ever used. I would not recommend to you. Google maps is the option here but it is an android app.

I never understand why BlackBerry never took seriously this app. There is so much for improvement here.
    01-19-15 04:03 AM
    Mireo DON'T PANIC! The best offline Navigation Maps

From my Z30
    cb64800 likes this.
    01-19-15 04:37 AM
    BB Maps works alright, just lack finer details. GMaps are handy too.

CB10 @ Q5
    01-19-15 04:38 AM
    I prefer Waze, but not the BlackBerry port, it's to old.
    I use the newest android version.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.1.2072)
    01-19-15 04:44 AM
    Blackberry maps is way better than google IMO. More accurate and responsive to traffic conditions. Google will always give you the fastest route, no matter what. But avoiding traffic is terrible. It uses Waze for accident alerts and traffic conditions. BlackBerry has the option to avoid traffic and while providing the fastest. Googles also doesn't automatically changes your route for you. It notifies you that there's a faster rout available but you have to select yes to take it. Its a detraction. BlackBerry just updates the route while you're driving. No need to select anything. Just listen. Blackberry uses Tom Tom which is satellite navigation. Tom Tom systems also connects with local traffic systems for accurate and closer to real-time reports.

I'm in the US so my experience may be different than those in other countries. But I hate Google Maps on my G3. It looks nice but the efficiency is lacking. Everything that glitters isn't gold. And sometimes the nerdy plain white shirt wearing boy is truly the coolest.

**I miss my BlackBerry**

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sk8er_tor and KingOfQwerty like this.
    01-19-15 06:16 AM
    Mireo DON'T PANIC! The best offline Navigation Maps

From my Z30
    Mireo is great but not convenient to use! Their maps are not live and you need to consa!ntly download the update map packages at cost for it to work..

BlackBerry Maps is good,does the job and gets you there accurately!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:26 AM

Q10/10.3.1.821
    I agree, best I have ever used was VZ navigator, but can't get the android version to run on my Z30.
    01-19-15 06:28 AM
    Mireo is great but not convenient to use! Their maps are not live and you need to consa!ntly download the update map packages at cost for it to work..

BlackBerry Maps is good,does the job and gets you there accurately!

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure Mireo charges for updates? I just checked for updates in Mireo and there was an update, but I did not have to pay for it.

Mireo is the closest you can get to a traditional stand alone GPS for Blackberry devices. I have used it in combination with BlackBerry Maps and that combo works well.

There are areas where you most need a route update and find there is no cellular coverage for the online maps programs to work. This is when I use Mireo to get me going the right way.

In regards to BlackBerry Maps being slow, I only noticed that when trying to get a route in an area with poorcellular coverage. In some rural areas of the US, even on major highways, the cellular coverage can drop to edge which seems to be too slow for getting routes in a timely matter. I have even seen GPRS in some areas. I didn't know that even existed anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:52 AM
    Are you sure Mireo charges for updates? I just checked for updates in Mireo and there was an update, but I did not have to pay for it.

Mireo is the closest you can get to a traditional stand alone GPS for Blackberry devices. I have used it in combination with BlackBerry Maps and that combo works well.

There are areas where you most need a route update and find there is no cellular coverage for the online maps programs to work. This is when I use Mireo to get me going the right way.

Posted via CB10
    That may have changed last year sometime! But yeah they use to charge! And I had to repay for the app coming over to a different BlackBerry device as wqell!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:56 AM
    That may have changed last year sometime! But yeah they use to charge! And I had to repay for the app coming over to a different BlackBerry device as wqell!

Posted via CB10
    If you had the same BlackBerryID on the new device the program would be in BlackberryWorld to download without paying again. For the maps, you need to go into settings and select recover content to download purchased maps. You need to do this even if the maps are already on your SD card if you change devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:01 AM
    If you had the same BlackBerryID on the new device the program would be in BlackberryWorld to download without paying again. For the maps, you need to go into settings and select recover content to download purchased maps. You need to do this even if the maps are already on your SD card if you change devices.

Posted via CB10
    Yup.! I just pay it for the firstime.

From my Z30
    01-19-15 07:10 AM
    Yup.! I just pay it for the firstime.

From my Z30
    When I moved from the q10 to Z30 I entered the in use current BlackBerry id and it still charged me!!
    The programm was free but I had to repay to download the MA map.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 07:12 AM
    When I moved from the q10 to Z30 I entered the in use current BlackBerry id and it still charged me!!
    The programm was free but I had to repay to download the MA map.

Posted via CB10
    No. Moving from Z10 to Z30, there is no chare when I redownloading my Tomtom maps (Indonesia) .

From my Z30
    01-19-15 07:28 AM
    Hum blackberry maps is really slow, and bad!! I think is the worst navigation app I ever used. I would not recommend to you. Google maps is the option here but it is an android app.

I never understand why BlackBerry never took seriously this app. There is so much for improvement here.
    My experience of running BlackBerry maps on my z10 in 2013 against google maps on a galaxy 3 and google maps on an iphone 4s in Chicago in the same car at the same time was that BlackBerry with z10 was by far the fastest and most responsive.
    01-19-15 07:47 AM
    There's an Android app I got via Snap that allows for offline voice-aided navigation but the screen has to be on. If you do have signal, you can pre-set locations using Google from within the app which is excellent for when some locations aren't built-in. The app is called MapFactor: GPS Navigation and best of all, it's free. I only use it when I'm travelling to avoid data fees. When I'm home, I always use BlackBerry Maps and as stated above, the navigation and traffic data is spot on.
    01-19-15 07:57 AM
    My experience of running BlackBerry maps on my z10 in 2013 against google maps on a galaxy 3 and google maps on an iphone 4s in Chicago in the same car at the same time was that BlackBerry with z10 was by far the fastest and most responsive.
    And surprisingly , BlackBerry maps can recognize my home number.

From my Z30
    01-19-15 08:08 AM
    Google maps no other.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:20 AM
    BlackBerry maps is decent, if not good, for directions, but useless for anything more than addresses, such as when doing a POI search. For that, Google Maps is supreme and fills the gap nicely. Navfree did a good job offline in the Grand Canyon, where cell service of any kind is spotty at best.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-19-15 08:31 AM
    BlackBerry maps is decent, if not good, for directions, but useless for anything more than addresses, such as when doing a POI search. For that, Google Maps is supreme and fills the gap nicely. Navfree did a good job offline in the Grand Canyon, where cell service of any kind is spotty at best.

IMHO anf from my experience using that app in my country (indonesia) , Navfree is useless. Download their maps. Nothing appear.

I'm using Nokia Here in other devices, the best offline maps ever!

From my Z30
    01-19-15 08:43 AM
    Just completed a 5000 km cross country drive during Christmas with BlackBerry Maps and Navfree. Excellent job done by both.

What I observed was as I started using BB Maps, it starts refining. More addresses bookmarked, recent list updates.

I will never need a Google Maps again. (I didn't have one in the first place)
    01-19-15 11:29 AM
    Bbmaps works pretty great for me. Directions are always spot on. Only issue is the poi directory is lacking. If you have an address, it's perfect.

Waze (android port from snap) is great for traffic and real time stuff like speed traps, accidents, etc. But it's definitely more cumbersome to use than Bbmaps.
    01-19-15 11:34 AM
    IMHO anf from my experience using that app in my country (indonesia) , Navfree is useless. Download their maps. Nothing appear.

I'm using Nokia Here in other devices, the best offline maps ever!

From my Z30
    Here is exceptional, I've used it on a Lumia 521in Big Sur, another part of the US with no coverage. Too bad it hasn't been ported to BB10.

01-19-15 01:05 PM
28 12