This is what a first date said to me tonight nearly two years after the initial release of the Passport. (Right?)

When I told her it was a BlackBerry she said, "I used to have a BlackBerry but I never saw anything like that."

Chen's Priv(vy) does not nearly attract the attention of our phones. This was their ticket to success.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 12:58 AM
    I should add that we are in a major coastal metropolis and the dates was a very comely lass in her late-20s. We are not in a backwater where people are easily impressed.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 12:59 AM
    If the Passport attracts the attention of your date instead of you, there may be a problem here.

Kidding!
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-27-16 01:24 AM
    Cool story bro
    dairadatzu and anon(8719892) like this.
    04-27-16 01:32 AM
    If the Passport attracts the attention of your date instead of you, there may be a problem here.

Kidding!
    Who said the two were mutually exclusive? A woman would not say something like that about a man's smartphone if she were not interested. Or maybe this simply reflects the power of our Passports.
    04-27-16 01:40 AM
    Cool story bro
    Thanks, dude.
    04-27-16 01:40 AM
    So we've gone from "like, what kind of car do you drive?" to "like what's your daily driver?"

Posted via CB10
    to boldly go likes this.
    04-27-16 06:57 AM
    She dumped him for an iPhone user
    04-27-16 07:08 AM
    Yea I get that a lot, people do get tired of the all familiar smartphone looks nowadays, but when they really start using it, that's when the sh#t hits the fan.
    04-27-16 07:34 AM
    I always like "Your phone is soooo big. . ." Oh you know it baybee. . .
    04-27-16 08:03 AM
    Actually you could answer this threads main question ala Dos Equis. . .something like:
    Voiceover: "The most interesting man in the world uses the Blackberry Passport"
    MIM: "When I communicate, I use a Passport. Stay texting my friends."

Then you add in the fact that that actor was a red shirt in the original Star Trek series. . of course the red shirts all die. . maybe not. . .
    04-27-16 08:09 AM
    I was still tipsy from my date when I started this thread but in case it was not clear, the point was that the Passport is STILL the best thing that Blackberry has going. They were stupid not to put some marketing effort behind it and not to have some on hand when it got all the media attention it did.

Chen was already doing his Android experiment so the buzz around the Passport just fizzled and was gone. No marketing. No devices for sale for three months or more.

As for the girl, I decided that with the new ATT phone and its dangerous curves I have plenty of excitement in my life already. In fact, I had a raucous time with it after I got home from my date. I don't think I have any room right now for someone new.
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-27-16 04:01 PM
    The true is that the attention gained by passport is second to no one. For me , also as a business user I consider it as the perfect form factor and the best keyboard I have ever tried.
    04-27-16 04:28 PM
    I always like "Your phone is soooo big. . ." Oh you know it baybee. . .
    "It takes two hands. Seriously."

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    04-27-16 05:09 PM
    "It takes two hands. Seriously."

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    She also commented on how big the phone is. Another colleague once exclaimed, "It's like a miniature computer!"

I swear I'm going to use this thing until it absolutely cannot be used any longer. I don't use Whatsapp or Facebook. I'm going to get one or two spares on EBay when the time comes.
    David Tyler likes this.
    04-28-16 01:31 AM