Hi everyone

I just received my passport, and realized that the apps I searched for online through the amazon Web app store are not showing up when I am searching for them through the app in thepassport. Can someone provide me with some guidance? I am unwilling to sideload

Thx
    Andy
    10-07-14 05:57 PM
    Can u give us an example of what are u looking for ? I downloaded a few apps without any issues

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:05 PM
    sure thing..One app that I use regularly is the DISH NETWORK app. It is showing available through the amazon.com app store. Unfortunately, when I open up the app in the passport, it is non-existent. Another app is the wells fargo app for banking.

thx again
    andy
    10-07-14 06:08 PM
    Andy I tried and u are right, just give it a week or so the phone is very new and lots apps still are not comparable, it happened to me with Rosetta Stone but now is there. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:16 PM
    I'd get the Snap app store as well. It has a much better selection than Amazon, including Google Maps and all the banking apps. I use Wells Fargo on my Passport that I downloaded from Snap and it works with zero problems.
    10-07-14 06:22 PM
    thx for your message. Where can I download the snap appstore?

Andy K
    10-07-14 06:26 PM
    Snap is the way to go just search snap on here and you will get tons of threads on how to install it's sooooo easy peasy ;-)

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport
    10-07-14 06:28 PM
    Wow great do u have agile to sideload ?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:30 PM
    There's something funky going on with Amazon, they've been 'hiding' apps or developers have been. For example, previously you could find Netflix on Amazon but now when you search for it, it doesn't actually show up.
    10-07-14 06:30 PM
    There's something funky going on with Amazon, they've been 'hiding' apps or developers have been. For example, previously you could find Netflix on Amazon but now when you search for it, it doesn't actually show up.
    Fodder for the conspiracy theorists... some have been saying for a long time that some key developers were deliberately preventing their apps from getting on BlackBerry (Netflix being one)... this could be evidence of that.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:36 PM
    Same as Instagram. You can search on the computer browser but it won't show up on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:39 PM
    Okay, so it's not just me that thinks there is some shady crap going on. I'm actually starting to believe that BlackBerry is being intentionally shut out to prevent any growth. First we're told "you've got all apps available now from the Amazon App Store" and then slowly but surely apps are being removed from access to BlackBerry. Netflix, Tripadvisor, Instagram, etc. All there, but none accessible to BlackBerry.

You've got the channels my friend. See what you can dig up.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:46 PM
    Sad if they are doing that!!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:48 PM
    I can confirm this to be true... Netflix was there last week, right on the front page, now it won't show up on my Passport despite the fact that it works perfectly fine.
    10-07-14 06:54 PM
    Sad if they are doing that!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sad. I'm pissed off. I like JPM and Snap, but Snap isn't a solution to BlackBerry's woes. It operates using the Google Play Store, and that's not ideal for us since many apps require or use Google Play Services. More will be like that too from Android L onwards. We need a Goole free Android marketplace. Amazon was supposed to be it, but it's turning into another BlackBerry minefield.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:56 PM
    This is enraging if they're hiding apps purposely from us bb10 users. I want to see if developers are willing to pull their paid apps. Someone from blackberry should investigate this

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    10-07-14 06:57 PM
    This is enraging if they're hiding apps purposely from us bb10 users. I want to see if developers are willing to pull their paid apps. Someone from blackberry should investigate this

Posted on my snappy new passport!!
    They did it in BlackBerry World, so why not here. Vivino, a very popular wine cataloging app that I paid for $5 has been pulled by the developer from BlackBerry World and I was never refunded.

They decided to only support Android and iOS.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:12 PM
    This is very disturbing, and worrisome. Someone from blackberry should comment on this officially. Maybe some of the crackberry team know people at blackberry that can explain this or find out about it?
    10-07-14 07:18 PM
    Imagine all the frustrated people who are waiting to get a passport only to find their favorite apps no longer listed on amazon when they get their device.

I would be completely infuriated.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-07-14 07:22 PM
    IMO, Snap is better Android store than Amazon. Read this post, maybe is easy for you to install Snap that way.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...taller-902493/
    10-07-14 07:31 PM
    Dish network app loads for me on my z30 but I can't get stuff to play on dish anywhere. Netflix still shows up and works.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:06 PM
    i am actually one of the frustrated users that purchased the passport under the assumption that all of the amazon apps indicated on the amazon webstore would be available. This is what we were promised when blackberry announced this partnership. I am finding that some of the critical and convenient apps that make enjoying technology are simply not in the appstore in blackberry. Its frustrating to keep waiting..or trying to find work arounds for so many things just to try and support blackberry

Andy
    hnguyen likes this.
    10-07-14 08:37 PM
    i am actually one of the frustrated users that purchased the passport under the assumption that all of the amazon apps indicated on the amazon webstore would be available. This is what we were promised when blackberry announced this partnership. I am finding that some of the critical and convenient apps that make enjoying technology are simply not in the appstore in blackberry. Its frustrating to keep waiting..or trying to find work arounds for so many things just to try and support blackberry

Andy
    Some of us have learned the hard way... as much as we love them... not to place too much trust in BlackBerry promises.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    10-07-14 09:44 PM
    Try downloading the amazon apk from the Amazon website and search for the apps from that application instead of the preloaded amazon app that comes with the phone.

CB10
    10-07-14 10:38 PM
    There was a thread about this when the Passport launched. Very bizarre indeed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=962615

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:48 PM
33 12