Good day to all.

I'm using the original Passport. I would like to ask if is it ok to use the hotspot most of the time?
    I fear that it might have a big effect on the battery since it gets hot after some time of having it on. I have my hotspot on for my other gadgets to connect to.

Up to what point is it ok to use the hotspot? how long? how hot is the phone before you consider to say 'ok. thats enough. i'll turn this off now'? other than hotspot, is there other ways to share my internet that may be better and safer for the phone compared to hotspot?

12-21-15 11:18 PM
    You can download this app called BatteryPal. It will monitor your battery's temperature. My advice is don't let it go beyond 40 degrees Celsius while using Hotspot.

Check out BatteryPal - Battery Info in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35148897

And also, don't charge your phone while using Mobile Hotspot.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    CpE CKS likes this.
    12-21-15 11:30 PM
    There are no real answers for the questions you're asking. That's all going to depend on how YOU feel about it and what YOU'RE experiencing. Battery life, heat, etc is all going to depend on variables for you personally such as your coverage, how many devices you have connected etc. Anything anyone offers up here is just going to be a suggestion based on their usage and personal preferences and perhaps data plan lol.
    CpE CKS likes this.
    12-21-15 11:32 PM
    I'm sorry. I just can't not worry when something precious is at stake.
    12-21-15 11:42 PM
    I'm sorry. I just can't not worry when something precious is at stake.
    Especially when it's worth USD 549.
    12-22-15 12:01 AM
    I use Hot Spot all the time for work, and Maps. Bearing in mind I get small amounts of charge time in the car, my battery gets me though the day. The Passport is heavily used though, so your mileage may vary.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 02:18 AM
    I don't have much of a choice. I have AT&T internet in my home and it doesn't work half of the time. Worst internet ever. I'd starve if I didn't have my Hotspot.
    12-22-15 02:42 AM
    Especially when it's worth USD 549.
    On top of that, it's in 12mos installment plan. Haha

If worst case happens, and the battery gets impregnated, though I'm not hoping it does, will it be covered by the warranty? Haha

Peculiar Odd Weird Efficient Robust. My BlackBerry is POWERful
    12-22-15 03:20 AM