I was trying to call a friend and couldn't find his details in my contact list. Not just on SIM contacts on All contacts either. Then there other day he called me and his name appeared as the caller ID.
    I checked again in contact list without any success. Where is it hiding?
    Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 08:04 AM
    I feel your pain, this frustrates me to no end. BB appears to have put no effort into the contacts application since the Z10 was launched.

My suspicion the caller ID is hiding somewhere in the linked data that the contacts app pulls from the cloud. I've noticed that some contacts mysteriously disappear, and then that person will call me, but the picture displayed is not one that I've ever seen on my phone before - like from their LinkedIn profile or something. I think what's happening is the contact disappears, but the person has their phone number in their Facebook or LinkedIn profile and the CallerID is able to match the incoming call to info it has pulled from the cloud (I'm assuming you have that option turned on in your contact settings).

With OS 7, I had a clean contacts, I meticulously made sure info was all in the proper fields. I was anal about it. And then BB10 came out, and contacts would get duplicated, or triplicated, mysteriously deleted, automatically linked, automatically unlinked. I will edit an existing contact (add a number), save it, go back in, and the data won't be there. I have to create a new contact with the same name, and then link it to the existing contact. It's a complete unruly mess. I just live with it.
    07-08-15 07:18 AM
    Contact management will be fixed. New app called Outcall Service will be released to Beta Zone. I would recommend you download it and provide feedback.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:06 PM
    This is something that BB should really focus on getting right. Fine, there's no native Netflix, as one who uses their phone to get things done I can live with that, but the contacts app is a basic necessity.

Maybe its because I sync my contacts with Google, or maybe its because I'm not on a BES, but this should be made a priority.

I'll keep an eye out for the Outcall Service in the Beta Zone. Thanks.
    07-08-15 12:19 PM
    Search using last name. Or search for the contact using the phone apps instead of contact apps. I used to have similar problem. Reload os solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:08 PM
    Beta Zone?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:22 PM