So BlackBerry, please restart the handset division, restart BB10 development, and go bankrupt in 6 months.
    We need an online petition........
    glwerry likes this.
    03-05-18 06:41 PM
    Some people don't like having to jump through flaming hoops just to have basic apps work.
    Flaming hoops....ahhhhhh Now throw a rib-eye and I am there.............mmmmmmmmm Oh sorry we are talking phones........right?
    03-05-18 06:43 PM
    Flaming hoops....ahhhhhh Now through a rib-eye and I am their.............mmmmmmmmm Oh sorry we are talking phones........right?
    I dunno, but wanna hit pub and grab drink and a steak?
    Carjackd and mindedge like this.
    03-05-18 06:44 PM
    How about Ruth Chris’s in St Pete’s?

Also, we should invite Chuck Finley.

WOOF
    03-05-18 07:21 PM
    Sometimes I read these threads, that take BlackBerry needing to continue BB10 so seriously, and wonder if they really would be happier, should they have done so, gone bankrupt in 2015, turned off the lights and servers. Then they take the inevitable turn, which gives me hope someday, just someday, we'll all sit down together, they'll have their Quarter Pounder and Bud, whilst we enjoy a fine steak and craft beer, hold hands and sing kumbaya together.
    Carjackd and Mecca EL like this.
    03-05-18 09:01 PM
    How about Ruth Chris’s in St Pete’s?

Also, we should invite Chuck Finley.

WOOF
    I’d be up for that.....
    03-05-18 10:18 PM
    Sometimes I read these threads, that take BlackBerry needing to continue BB10 so seriously, and wonder if they really would be happier, should they have done so, gone bankrupt in 2015, turned off the lights and servers. Then they take the inevitable turn, which gives me hope someday, just someday, we'll all sit down together, they'll have their Quarter Pounder and Bud, whilst we enjoy a fine steak and craft beer, hold hands and sing kumbaya together.
    OOOOOOOOk you can come too......Woof
    03-06-18 01:06 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd., as a phone maker, didn't die due to BB10. They succumbed to internal mismanagement. BB10 died due to BlackBerry Ltd.
    03-06-18 04:43 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd., as a phone maker, didn't die due to BB10. They succumbed to internal mismanagement. BB10 died due to BlackBerry Ltd.
    It had to have been released in 2008 instead of 2013. The errors were made in 2005.
    03-06-18 07:29 AM
    BB10 was the actual cause of BB failure. It killed the cash flow revenue of BBOS and could never provide a replacement cash flow because the carriers supported upgraded data plans that didn’t have to be shared with BB. Without the BIS revenue, BB was literally starved for air...
    03-06-18 08:22 AM
    Flaming hoops....ahhhhhh Now throw a rib-eye and I am there.............mmmmmmmmm Oh sorry we are talking phones........right?
    Time to take a diversion. My 13 year old grand-son is a big fan of steak.

So, one day I had been to a fancy restaurant out of town and had had this AMAZING veal dish. Never had it before and it was a thing of wonder.

So, I'm trying to explain to steak-boy just how wonderful this meal had been ... he interrupts me part-way through to say, "I'm not hearing anything here about STEAK!".

So, if y'all are going to gather for some charred dead cow, I'll grab steak-boy and we'll make a meal of it!
    03-06-18 08:40 AM

So, one day I had been to a fancy restaurant out of town and had had this AMAZING veal dish. Never had it before and it was a thing of wonder.

So, I'm trying to explain to steak-boy just how wonderful this meal had been ... he interrupts me part-way through to say, "I'm not hearing anything here about STEAK!".

So, if y'all are going to gather for some charred dead cow, I'll grab steak-boy and we'll make a meal of it!
    LOL
    03-06-18 08:47 AM
    BB10 should never have existed....

As conite said if BlackBerry (or Microsoft) was going to remain a player in the next generation of smartphones, the battle was fought in 2007 - 2009. By 2013 BlackBerry (and Microsoft) were trying to tip toe into a minefield between two heavily entrenched camps...

Whatever then next big battle is, it will be something beyond "smartphones" as we know them. And while Microsoft might still be able to join that battle when it comes, BlackBerry won't. They might be a supporting player with QNX and IoT, but they won't be on the front lines.

BB10 was a great idea and given five or six years of development and refinement, could have been great.... but in 2013 it truly was too little too late for most smartphone users. Maybe if like NOKIA they had marketed it as a Feature+ OS...
    03-06-18 10:36 AM
    I wonder if bb10 would be successful if they weren't late to the party.
    03-06-18 11:11 AM
    I wonder if bb10 would be successful if they weren't late to the party.
    I think yes.
    I think they would have had a shot in 2010 even.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-06-18 11:38 AM

Well it’s up to Blaze to set this up....
    03-06-18 12:20 PM
    Ok you set this in motion.......then I threw gas on the grill...........let’s set up a eat and greet
    03-06-18 12:22 PM
    I'm sorry, I just don't get/understand this.

It has been reliably reported that the costs from BB10 / the associated software NEARLY BANKRUPTED BB as a company.

Should they have CONTINUED down the BB10 path until they were BANKRUPT? How would that have been responsible???????

BB has NOT killed themselves. They have transitioned to being a successful software business.
    Again, if they had not switched gears away from BB10 and the hardware, THEY WOULD NOW BE BANKRUPT and NOT EXIST.

The quality of BB10 is widely acknowledged, at least from a functionality point of view. However, from a BUSINESS and FINANCIAL point of view it was a COMPLETE DISASTER.
    Hey! Don't be talking logical around here. We won't be having any of that logic stuff.
    03-06-18 09:54 PM
    We need an online petition........
    Oh gawd, not another one
    03-06-18 09:55 PM
    I bring my harmonica
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-18 09:56 PM
    It was dead out of the box on January 30, 2013. Two years too late
    03-06-18 09:57 PM
    I think yes.
    I think they would have had a shot in 2010 even.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    I don't think there is any doubt , unfortunately they were the drunk obnoxious guy
    03-06-18 09:59 PM
    I bring my harmonica
    If you're half as good as Huey Lewis, I'll buy your beer!
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-06-18 10:04 PM
    Hey! Don't be talking logical around here. We won't be having any of that logic stuff.
    Oh, sorry, Dude. Lost my mind there for a minute.

But, it feels SO good to rant a bit!
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-07-18 08:55 AM
    Oh, sorry, Dude. Lost my mind there for a minute.

But, it feels SO good to rant a bit!
    I don't know how many rant posts I've started, get sidetracked, come back several hours later and realize I'm only halfway through my dissertation. Then I think "f this" and just cancel the whole thing.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-07-18 10:57 AM
67 123