So I just switched to a KeyOne. It wasn't really a choice since my beloved Passport was dying on me and I figured that right now the only choice is between Android and Apple, there isn't anything else out there.

I decided to give the KeyOne a chance since I really like my keyboard and I really hoped that BlackBerry has kept some privacy standards.

Wel it's been 2 days and I HATE it! I mean I know there is a learning curve for every new phone so no, that's not it. I hate havimg to download an App for every darn thing I want to do. I hate having google everywhere on my phone for EVERY THING! For the pictures, for the music, even for the data transfer! Yes, there is a workaround, as there is for almost everything, but it meant I had to search online for solutions that were not Google.

Ofcourse I will eventually learn how to use the phone completely and maybe I will forget at some point how it was when your phone came with almost everything you needed. So before that happens I want to say this: BlackBerry you are wrong for stopping the BlackBerry 10 OS. It IS better than Android
    03-04-18 06:04 PM
    So I just switched to a KeyOne. It wasn't really a choice since my beloved Passport was dying on me and I figured that right now the only choice is between Android and Apple, there isn't anything else out there.

I decided to give the KeyOne a chance since I really like my keyboard and I really hoped that BlackBerry has kept some privacy standards.

Wel it's been 2 days and I HATE it! I mean I know there is a learning curve for every new phone so no, that's not it. I hate havimg to download an App for every darn thing I want to do. I hate having google everywhere on my phone for EVERY THING! For the pictures, for the music, even for the data transfer! Yes, there is a workaround, as there is for almost everything, but it meant I had to search online for solutions that were not Google.

Ofcourse I will eventually learn how to use the phone completely and maybe I will forget at some point how it was when your phone came with almost everything you needed. So before that happens I want to say this: BlackBerry you are wrong for stopping the BlackBerry 10 OS. It IS better than Android
    So BlackBerry, please restart the handset division, restart BB10 development, and go bankrupt in 6 months.
    skrble and the_boon like this.
    03-04-18 06:07 PM
    So BlackBerry, please restart the handset division, restart BB10 development, and go bankrupt in 6 months.
    Yeah, BB, go and upgrade that OS! I know it's impossible to catch that train but at least would BlackBerry die for a good thing! You'll be given a medal of honor afterwards lol

7562th topic with the same content?
    03-04-18 06:37 PM
    could be the 12549th topic for all I care. this is the first time for ME. I am shocked about how invasive Google turns out to be.
    Qorax likes this.
    03-04-18 07:52 PM
    could be the 12549th topic for all I care. this is the first time for ME. I am shocked about how invasive Google turns out to be.
    If you want to "avoid Google" and also want a OS that is actively updated, there's always Sailfish or Tizen.
    03-04-18 07:56 PM

You'll get over it in a couple weeks. You are actually a little late to the game and kudos to you for hanging on for that long. Bb10 is done..dead...in fact regardless if we want to admit to it or not...it was dead on January 30th, 2013 when I opened my z10...regardless of how much the 7 people who are left on it complain....its not coming back.
    Jrox74 and mindedge like this.
    03-04-18 09:20 PM
    I really think you should look towards iOS.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-18 09:57 PM
    I really think you should look towards iOS.
    Still can't hide from The Google, though.
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...ers-surprised/
    03-04-18 10:12 PM
    Still can't hide from The Google, though.
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018...ers-surprised/
    True that, but the OP strikes me as the type who does not want cloud anything and you can opt out of iCloud.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    03-04-18 10:18 PM
    If you want to "avoid Google" and also want a OS that is actively updated, there's always Sailfish or Tizen.
    Or he can pick up a chinese Keyone that are Google less.
    03-05-18 07:49 AM
    I think he's overall right, and I think some of you guys are exaggerating bb10 th death quite a lot. I have my PRIV for some banking things and for future use. For the time being I use my Passport as my primary phone. It has still some great years to go and it performs most things I need. Parking apps, public transport ticket apps, netflix, chromecasting and some other special things are still taken care of by the android runtime - still able to use the latest updates. For other tasks the native apps are good enough. The OS interface is just great

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and ezubeBB2013 like this.
    03-05-18 09:41 AM
    Didn't matter, they couldn't make any money with BB10, in fact they lost billions trying to stay relevant with it.

It wasn't a keep BB10 or move to Android choice.... it was get out of hardware sooner, of try with Android. No Android isn't perfect and yes many BB10 users miss what they had... like miss the 1966 Mustang that I had. Until I remember what having a car in Florida without Air Conditioning was like, and how much time I wasted working to keep it running.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-05-18 01:11 PM
    I think he's overall right, and I think some of you guys are exaggerating bb10 th death quite a lot.
    Some people don't like having to jump through flaming hoops just to have basic apps work.
    03-05-18 01:29 PM
    Some people don't like having to jump through flaming hoops just to have basic apps work.
    Like I said, you ARE exaggerating

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    03-05-18 02:07 PM
    Sir Bla1ze, some ppl don't need 'apps' at all. They just need call, text, email, browser, music and camera in their phones. And those work fine with BB10. Will at least till 2019.
    03-05-18 02:36 PM
    Sir Bla1ze, some ppl don't need 'apps' at all. They just need call, text, email, browser, music and camera in their phones.
    Then they'll be pleased when BlackBerry turns their BB10 smartphones into BB10 dumbphones. I don't really care what people use. They should use whatever they want. But let's not pretend that BB10 is alive in kicking. It's an OS that has less features and apps now then it did at its peak and it's going to get worse as time goes on. If you're fine with apps disappearing, not being updated or no longer working, and functionality being cut off, all good. Enjoy whatever life remains in BB10.
    mindedge likes this.
    03-05-18 02:37 PM
    Then they'll be pleased when BlackBerry turns their BB10 smartphones into BB10 dumbphones.
    We call those phones which do what I stated above as 'smart'phones. Apps just make the phones a 'smart aleck'. And can easily be avoided.

Ps.: It's always better to have 25 'real' friends than 25,000 friends on Facebook or any other online platform.
    krazyatom and mindedge like this.
    03-05-18 02:43 PM
    Sir Bla1ze, some ppl don't need 'apps' at all. They just need call, text, email, browser, music and camera in their phones. And those work fine with BB10. Will at least till 2019.
    That's why Nokia is going to sell some cheap upgraded feature phones with browser and email (most all feature phones have that too). Not everyone needs what a smartphone has become.
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    03-05-18 02:54 PM
    Like I said, you ARE exaggerating

Posted via CB10
    NO, he is NOT exaggerating.

My workplace uses Google Apps. I spent MANY hours trying to make my Classic work, especially with Hangouts, as that was critical for me to have so that I could do support when away from the office.

I could not get it to work (largely because we had dual factor authentication, I believe) and I even tried the mobile site for a period of time, but that just wasn't tolerable.

So, for me, Hangouts qualifies as a "basic app", and yes, I DID get TIRED of trying to make it work. I actually bought out a contract early in order to get a PRIV and be able to have my "basic" apps function adequately!
    03-05-18 02:58 PM
    Not everyone needs what a smartphone has become.
    Missing the BlackBerry 10 OS-good-point-ill-drink-.jpg
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    03-05-18 02:59 PM
    My workplace uses Google Apps. I spent MANY hours trying to make my Classic work, especially with Hangouts, as that was critical for me to have so that I could do support when away from the office.
    In such cases I'll ask my employer to provide me an appropriate phone.
    03-05-18 03:02 PM
    In such cases I'll ask my employer to provide me an appropriate phone.
    Nope. I would wind up with a slab, likely an iPhone.

I would rather provide by own PKB device than try to type on some stupid narrow iPhone.
    Wife had an iPhone 5 and just putting the wifi password in made we want to hurl the stupid thing across the room, never mind trying to use it for work.

I get where you're coming from, but in my case that just wouldn't work.
    Besides which, it would get me off of BB in any case, as my corporation had abandoned them.
    03-05-18 03:34 PM

BlackBerry killed themselves. A shame company for stopping developing the best Os there is. BB10.
    krazyatom and Qorax like this.
    03-05-18 03:37 PM
    BlackBerry killed themselves. A shame company for stopping developing the best Os there is. BB10.
    I'm sorry, I just don't get/understand this.

It has been reliably reported that the costs from BB10 / the associated software NEARLY BANKRUPTED BB as a company.

Should they have CONTINUED down the BB10 path until they were BANKRUPT? How would that have been responsible???????

BB has NOT killed themselves. They have transitioned to being a successful software business.
    Again, if they had not switched gears away from BB10 and the hardware, THEY WOULD NOW BE BANKRUPT and NOT EXIST.

The quality of BB10 is widely acknowledged, at least from a functionality point of view. However, from a BUSINESS and FINANCIAL point of view it was a COMPLETE DISASTER.
    03-05-18 04:17 PM
    I'm sorry, I just don't get/understand this.
    It's simpler once you realize that there are some BB10 fans that feel ENTITLED to BB10 and think that BB should have continued to pour money and resources into it NO MATTER WHAT, and if they went bankrupt in the process, then "at least they tried."

They aren't interested in the survival of BB - just the survival of BB10, no matter what the costs. They can't be bargained with; they can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, complaining about BB's dropping of BB10.

03-05-18 06:09 PM
67 123