My Passport miracasts youtube perfectly to my Samsung TV with no lag as opposed to previous Andriod phones like LG stylus 2 I had. The LG phone could miracst youtube but when I want to project photos it was buggy and lagging when transitioning.

So yesterday I accidentally learned that if I pause the video and minimise the video screen while miracasting in youtube the Passport cast any screen that I am on perfectly. I am now able to show spreadsheets, photos, PDF etc and there is no lag. Swiping left and right perfectly.

Thought I share it here

Regards
    GF
    11-04-18 03:13 AM
    Yep, Miracast is a true mirror of whatever's on your screen. I find it to be a handy/stable feature, too! For awhile, I even used it on a projector to "beam" video onto our bedroom wall. Worked a treat. Thanks for sharing!
    11-04-18 08:08 AM
    How do I connect it to tv?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-18 04:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Get a Miracast dongle.

You could also use a slimport to hdmi cable.
    11-05-18 05:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey Lobby,

While conite is correct about the cable, I'm fairly certain you can use Miracast to directly send video wirelessly without a dongle, even with the Passport. Either way should work. (Earlier Blackberry 10 devices have a mini-HDMI out.)
    11-06-18 09:29 AM
    Hey Lobby,

While conite is correct about the cable, I'm fairly certain you can use Miracast to directly send video wirelessly without a dongle, even with the Passport. Either way should work. (Earlier Blackberry 10 devices have a mini-HDMI out.)
    The dongle is required on the TV side.
    11-06-18 09:36 AM
    The dongle is required on the TV side.
    If the TV does not support Miracast natively, that is correct. Some however do have such support, in which case a dongle would not be required for connecting the Passport to a TV.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 09:39 AM
    If the TV does not support Miracast natively, that is correct. Some however do have such support, in which case a dongle would not be required for connecting the Passport to a TV.

Posted via CB10
    "Some" is being extremely generous, but sure.
    11-06-18 09:45 AM
    I use DLNA to connect my Passport to my TV. Almost all TV's newer than 5 years old have this function built in. If your TV has a wireless card in it, it will more than likely support DLNA (it may be called something different depending on your TV brand). Check out Settings/Media Sharing/enable share music, share pics, share videos. At bottom of screen tap Devices then when list of wifi devices pops up enable the device you want to connect to.

ps. this is for lobbyintx
    11-06-18 09:52 AM
    I use DLNA to connect my Passport to my TV. Almost all TV's newer than 5 years old have this function built in. If your TV has a wireless card in it, it will more than likely support DLNA (it may be called something different depending on your TV brand). Check out Settings/Media Sharing/enable share music, share pics, share videos. At bottom of screen tap Devices then when list of wifi devices pops up enable the device you want to connect to.

ps. this is for lobbyintx
    Very true. But can't really stream video or screen mirror. Plus, codec support is typically laughable unfortunately.
    11-06-18 10:01 AM
    Very true. But can't really stream video or screen mirror. Plus, codec support is typically laughable unfortunately.
    It does stream from the phone, which is turned into a dlna server that "serves" media to the client (TV). That is the point of the function.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 10:03 AM
    Sure do. I stream video quite often no problems.
    11-06-18 10:09 AM
    I have yet to encounter a commonly-used codec which doesn't work with BB10 devices streaming using DLNA or Miracast. Screen mirroring will work with Miracast, although not DLNA as that is not the point of the technology. You can then stream video through your device to the TV using the same technology.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 10:16 AM
    Sure do. I stream video quite often no problems.
    That's neat. My devices only pick up the file system.
    11-06-18 10:33 AM
    That's neat. My devices only pick up the file system.
    Would be a pretty pointless function if that's all it does. I have a whole streaming rig (private cloud) based on DLNA. BB10 devices are no different.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-18 10:47 AM
    I have a whole streaming rig (private cloud) based on DLNA.
    Yep, I use My Cloud (Western Digital).
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-06-18 10:50 AM
    can it be configured with the Google chromecast? I can't seem to figure out how to connect it to TV via chromecast
    11-06-18 03:08 PM
    can it be configured with the Google chromecast? I can't seem to figure out how to connect it to TV via chromecast
    BB10 is not compatible with chromecast.
    11-06-18 03:32 PM
    Krzys, is there a reason you want to use Chromecast specifically with a BB10 device? Depending on your TV and your reasoning we may be able to get you something that will work. Feel free to PM me to discuss further if you like (just click my name at the top of the post, then click PM from the options in blue at the bottom of the pop-up window--it's to the right of Posts).
    11-07-18 02:34 AM
    Hey Lobby,

I will try later. I assume both tv and PP need to be connected to wfi?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 09:36 AM
    I will try later. I assume both tv and PP need to be connected to wfi?

Posted via CB10
    That is correct.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 02:23 PM
    Miracast works with smartview or whatever it is called. Now I need to know what tv/movie sites I can use on my PP besides YouTube. Showbox never worked for me on PP. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-18 04:42 PM
    Miracast works with smartview or whatever it is called. Now I need to know what tv/movie sites I can use on my PP besides YouTube. Showbox never worked for me on PP. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    If you are willing to install Android apps you can run practically anything available. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video....Plex if you have that....whatever you want.

Should you need a source for those apps, I suggest downloading the Aptoide app store. Others will tell you not to use it; I have found that it is highly beneficial for downloading Android apps that do not require Google Play Services. (Of course you can also use Cobalt's method to install full-out Google Play; it's whatever you prefer.)
    11-09-18 04:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have a TV that does not support miracast so I bouGht an inexpensive "EZCast" d'ongle, free google play software, works great...
    11-10-18 03:32 PM
    Since my PP was working well, I tried screen sharing with my q10 and got an error message saying something about the wifi connection. Weird. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Yesterday 11:54 PM