Hi all---I'm wondering if anyone has advice on brand of Miracast dongle for the Passport to cast video on a 60" Sharp LCD tv. And also any comments about using miracast in general. I am just not having much luck when it comes to using DLNA on my tv. The tv constantly drops my wifi connection and everytime I want to use DLNA I have to re-enter the password for my wifi on my tv. It is beyond frustrating and was wondering if using a miracast dongle on my TV would improve the video experience. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
    12-01-14 02:27 PM
    How old is your tv?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-01-14 02:29 PM
    a miracast dongle should work 100% as the tv has wifi (and thus is most probably HDMI-certified).

I want to know this as well
    12-01-14 02:36 PM
    this video should give an indication as to how it works:

12-01-14 02:39 PM
    How old is your tv?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    The tv is 3 years old now.
    12-01-14 02:42 PM
    Thanks for sharing that video DeRedder--I may check out the Belkin. I have checked E-bay and there are lots of cheap models but who knows if they actually work with the Passport!
    12-01-14 02:56 PM
    It is my understanding that any device that uses "Miracast" should be 100% compatible with the Passport as this is dictated by the standard.
    So any miracast device will work. Myself I was looking at a slim port HDMI adapter as they can be bought for about 10 dollar ( slimport - Free Shipping - DX ) but looking at this thread I realised Miracast is probably a better option; no need to plug in the cable everytime I want to show something up on the big screen
    12-01-14 03:11 PM
    It is my understanding that any device that uses "Miracast" should be 100% compatible with the Passport as this is dictated by the standard.
    So any miracast device will work. Myself I was looking at a slim port HDMI adapter as they can be bought for about 10 dollar ( slimport - Free Shipping - DX ) but looking at this thread I realised Miracast is probably a better option; no need to plug in the cable everytime I want to show something up on the big screen
    Just so you know, I purchased one of those cheap Slimport adapters also and it worked for 10 minutes--now does NOT. In all fairness, it worked with the shipped OS of my Passport and I have since gone to 10.3.1.1154 so I am not sure whether the adapter is a dud or my leaked OS is at fault.
    12-01-14 03:19 PM
    Hi all---I'm wondering if anyone has advice on brand of Miracast dongle for the Passport to cast video on a 60" Sharp LCD tv. And also any comments about using miracast in general. I am just not having much luck when it comes to using DLNA on my tv. The tv constantly drops my wifi connection and everytime I want to use DLNA I have to re-enter the password for my wifi on my tv. It is beyond frustrating and was wondering if using a miracast dongle on my TV would improve the video experience. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
    I use this one. It was more expensive but works the best.
    http://www.iogear.com/product/GWAVR/

It works better than the built in miracast in high end Sony tv's and samsung tv's.

Keep in mind no miracast is 100% and usually only as good as your wireless network. a slim port cable may be the option for consistency.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-01-14 03:31 PM
    Just upgraded to the passport from the Z30 and Miracast works 10 times better. Must be the quad core cpu

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:27 AM
    ASUS Miracast Dongle performs well with the my q10, z30 & Passport. My androids can be finicky with connecting to the Miracast. The BB10 devices connect every time. In one instance I'm using the Miracast with a 7 year old Samsung 42 inch flat screen, and a BT mouse & KB. For me, it's another advantage of Blackberry devices, which can function well for several years by serving in roles other than a "daily driver device".
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-06-14 07:52 AM
    I'm using the Asus Miracast Dongle for the passport and it works perfect !

Passport owner ;-)
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-06-14 07:55 AM
    We have the Netgear PTV3000 and it works beautifully with both our Z30 and our Passport.

Really smooth performance.

1. Doesn't matter how old your tv is as long as it has at least one open hdmi input.

2. Doesn't matter how good your home wifi network is cuz Miracast creates it's own private wifi network between your phone and your Miracast device and this doesn't involve your home wifi.

3. If you're using Miracast plus streaming over your home wifi at the same time, (e.g., listening to music on your phone via the Spotify app while your phone is connected to your home wifi WHILE using Miracast to play the phone's audio output to say your home theatre system), you can get some choppiness. In this case, I'll either use the headphone jack to output the audio or else switch my phone to LTE instead of wifi.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-06-14 10:26 AM