I report having used a Western Digital Live Media Player which worked very well with the BlackBerry Passport...inexpensive & updates firmware with new features... has full remote control...great !!

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-08-15 07:28 AM
    Hmm, I'm also looking into getting one. I don't have Internet/wifi at home, just my phone data. Would Miracast still work for me?
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will work. The phone will connect direct to the miracast adapter, and you can play whatever you have on your phone to the larger screen where the adapter is connected.

The thing to be aware of here is that since you don't have Internet or wifi at home, you will be using your cellphone data to get content that will be transfered by wifi from your phone to the miracast adapter.

Edit: this post is based on the miracast adapter I use, which is netgear ptv 3000.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-08-15 09:11 AM
    Yes it will work. The phone will connect direct to the miracast adapter, and you can play whatever you have on your phone to the larger screen where the adapter is connected.

The thing to be aware of here is that since you don't have Internet or wifi at home, you will be using your cellphone data to get content that will be transfered by wifi from your phone to the miracast adapter.

Edit: this post is based on the miracast adapter I use, which is netgear ptv 3000.

Posted via CB10
    That's great. Thanks for the reply.
    I have "unlimited" data - it gets throttled at 20 gbs.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 01:13 PM
    I wonder if anyone has tried using a cheap miracast device from eBay ??
    Attached Thumbnails Miracast dongle?-ezcast-i5-.jpg  
    05-11-15 04:52 PM
    I wonder if anyone has tried using a cheap miracast device from eBay ??
    I have tried these devices that require EZcast, they do not work as well as I would like, and they required an android app last time I used it, ended up giving it away for free.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 11:27 PM
    Get the roku stick it's cheap and works I take it with me on trips and when I need to do ppt presentations.
    And I don't need to be on the same WiFi network the WiFi works directly with the phone. I'm telling you its the best solution I've had and has worked for me on long Trips
    Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-15 12:03 AM
    I use my Roku 3 and get better results than I had from my Actiontec. I had problems connecting one time, then I noticed that my wifi was not on. I connected my wifi and then everything worked properly. I determined that it required the wifi. At least the Roku 3.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:57 AM
    I use my Roku 3 and get better results than I had from my Actiontec. I had problems connecting one time, then I noticed that my wifi was not on. I connected my wifi and then everything worked properly. I determined that it required the wifi. At least the Roku 3.

Posted via CB10
    Kinda odd hmm I'll have to recheck.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:22 AM
    I have both the WDTV and the Netgear PTV3000. Both work good. And should be in the $50-$75 range. Occasionally I get some stuttering or a failure to connect with both of these. Usually these problems are resolved when I restart either the device or the phone.

I'm intrigued by the MS device mentioned above. Any further comments on it? I have to get some gifts for family later this year. Maybe I'll try that one.

Posted via CB10
    The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter has been working great with my Q10. If you are one of the rare specimens that also has a Microsoft Store anywhere near you, pass by and try it out.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    05-16-15 08:03 PM
    I looked into it the roku stick doesn't need to be connected to a local WiFi connection to miracast. Just tried it and I can tell you that this is the best choice. Tell me how you like it.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:33 PM
    Hmm, I'm also looking into getting one. I don't have Internet/wifi at home, just my phone data. Would Miracast still work for me?
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I can assure you it can I've been using it that way for a while.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:34 PM
    Get the roku stick it's cheap and works I take it with me on trips and when I need to do ppt presentations.
    And I don't need to be on the same WiFi network the WiFi works directly with the phone. I'm telling you its the best solution I've had and has worked for me on long Trips
    Posted via CB10
    I looked at the "Roku Stick" at the Roku Web site and I couldn't find any mention of Miracast anywhere in the description, or the specs. How does this work - with an app or something?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:24 PM
    Trying to decide between the Roku Stick and the Microsoft Adapter. Really don't need the extra streaming service features of the Roku - already have that - so it's just about the Miracast.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:49 PM
    I looked at the "Roku Stick" at the Roku Web site and I couldn't find any mention of Miracast anywhere in the description, or the specs. How does this work - with an app or something?

Posted via CB10
    Miracast is actually in beta but has worked better than other dongles. I'm telling you that it has it and it works Google it...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:35 PM
    Just got the Roku 3500 stick. Took a while to figure it out.
    Here is how I got it to miracast with my Z30
    1 turn on WiFi on Z30 but do not connect to any wifi nerworks
    2 turn on roku stick
    3 go to settings on Roku and select Network
    4 disconnect Roku from wifi networks
    5 ensure screen mirroring (beta) is enabled on the roku
    6 turn on miracast on the blackberry
    7 It works

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 08:35 AM
    For me...Asus miracast dongle.
    Its amazing with passport and with surface pro 2!

Posted via Superb Passport
    05-24-15 01:23 PM
    Roku. Works awesomely with miracast. And it's got a ton of other uses.

Unlocked Passport via AT&T
    05-25-15 12:12 AM
    Just got the Roku 3500 stick. Took a while to figure it out.
    Here is how I got it to miracast with my Z30
    1 turn on WiFi on Z30 but do not connect to any wifi nerworks
    2 turn on roku stick
    3 go to settings on Roku and select Network
    4 disconnect Roku from wifi networks
    5 ensure screen mirroring (beta) is enabled on the roku
    6 turn on miracast on the blackberry
    7 It works

Posted via CB10
    If you want to use it off a WiFi network I guess but you just have to have step 5 and your z30 with WiFi on. If both are on networks such as the same network it works for me so yea

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 09:52 AM
    Decided to go with the Microsoft Display Adapter. It's working well - better even than my Netgear PTV3000.
    Plugged it in to the TV, my Z30 found it, and I was off and running. Works just the way I would expect and hope for a Miracast adapter to work.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:57 PM
    Damn you guys. I've got 2 of the Netgear adapters and although they work reasonably well, there is occasionally some unpleasant "stuttering". I'm thinking of switching it up to either the Roku or the Microsoft units. Anyone have views on which of these would have less "stuttering"?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:49 PM
    Damn you guys. I've got 2 of the Netgear adapters and although they work reasonably well, there is occasionally some unpleasant "stuttering". I'm thinking of switching it up to either the Roku or the Microsoft units. Anyone have views on which of these would have less "stuttering"?

Posted via CB10
    Completely happy with roku

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-01-15 02:58 PM
    Just ordered the Microsoft Wireless Adapter.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-05-15 09:34 AM
    Awesome just received my Microsoft Miracast Display adapter today from Amazon, and no more hdmi cables for me!
    It was a breeze just plug in and connect Miracast on phone.

Miracast dongle?-img_20150711_125136.jpg
    Miracast dongle?-img_20150711_125037.jpg

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    07-11-15 12:36 PM
    How much was it? And how's it working ? Any stuttering when displaying streaming video?

I have the Netgear PTV2000 and I'm afraid to say it does stutter a fair bit.

My WDTV doesn't stutter very often but quite often making the connection can be a little flaky.

And yes, both devices have the latest firmware.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 12:59 PM
    I have the microsoft adapter and have had no issues. It works great. Very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 01:26 PM
58 123