Anyone able to get Microsoft Teams working on BB10? In a lot of corporate environments they are switching to Teams. Can't locate an apk that's working on my Passport.

Tried going in using Firefox as well but I get a message the browser version am using is unsupported.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-20 03:50 AM
    Anyone able to get Microsoft Teams working on BB10? In a lot of corporate environments they are switching to Teams. Can't locate an apk that's working on my Passport.

Tried going in using Firefox as well but I get a message the browser version am using is unsupported.

Posted via CB10
    The oldest apk I could find required ART 4.4 so that’s not possible.

Perhaps an older Skype for business apk does what you need. For your job though, unless you’re the boss man, or woman, it makes you look no bueno over just a phone though
    01-19-20 07:48 AM

Perhaps an older Skype for business apk does what you need. For your job though, unless you’re the boss man, or woman, it makes you look no bueno over just a phone though
    Skype for business will also be discontinued so no good. I was hoping at least one of the android browsers that you install on a passport would be seen as a supported browser for teams. That way I could just use the Web version of teams.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-20 08:11 AM
    Skype for business will also be discontinued so no good. I was hoping at least one of the android browsers that you install on a passport would be seen as a supported browser for teams. That way I could just use the Web version of teams.

Posted via CB10
    That would require Microsoft to support old browsers which I think is a similar problem. Just dual carry Android/iOS device if that important.
    01-19-20 08:14 AM
    My opinion is simple. Slack and MS Teams are generally better than email for internal communications, so you want a phone that can use the newest updates with them. Pick up a refurbished iPhone or cheap Samsung device and make that your office phone, and continue to use BB10 for what it's best at, if you wish.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-19-20 09:48 AM
    @TrumpetTiger Care to take a crack at this one?
    01-19-20 09:56 AM

I noticed in another thread you’re already proficient owner with Android/iOS hardware so there’s your best solution. BB10 can’t do everything but that’s not to say you can’t dual carry
    01-19-20 11:14 AM
    My opinion is simple. Slack and MS Teams are generally better than email for internal communications, so you want a phone that can use the newest updates with them. Pick up a refurbished iPhone or cheap Samsung device and make that your office phone, and continue to use BB10 for what it's best at, if you wish.

I have an iPhone X but I really don't like to type on glass so I went back to the Passport. I obviously don't want to dual carry. I will use teams on my iPad.

A bit of a nuisance but one I can live with. Not sure why some of the Office 395 apps like To do work perfectly in a Web version. They could definitely make that happen for teams as well if they put their mind to it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-20 12:22 PM
    You might be able to use bitlbee + SIPE from libpurple. Then you'd be able to use it with any irc client.

However, I am not sure if libpurple SIPE supports Microsoft Teams yet. Works for Skype, Skype for Business, Lync, etc. So something you'll have to research first.

Note, this is all texted based stuff. No video/audio/image silliness.

Beyond that, best advice I can give is don't work for companies that make such poor tech decisions.
    01-19-20 08:04 PM
    You might be able to use bitlbee + SIPE from libpurple. Then you'd be able to use it with any irc client.

However, I am not sure if libpurple SIPE supports Microsoft Teams yet. Works for Skype, Skype for Business, Lync, etc. So something you'll have to research first.

Note, this is all texted based stuff. No video/audio/image silliness.

Beyond that, best advice I can give is don't work for companies that make such poor tech decisions.
    What’s the poor tech decision part?
    01-19-20 08:19 PM
    Seriously? I love BB10 more than almost everyone I know on these boards, but MS Teams and Slack are in a class by themselves for team-oriented chat. They have collaboration tools, access controls, and integration with other apps and resources that make them invaluable when properly implemented.

Everything from automatic notifications of status changes in sales and support databases to instant voice and video calls with a partner when a chat gets too complicated, not to mention history, e-discovery, and the ability to manage membership across channels so that anyone qualified who may want to help on a project can jump in if appropriate.

I have used almost every chat program since the days of dial-up modems, and I would use Slack or MS Teams over any other collaboration communication tools I've found.

01-19-20 08:20 PM
    Seriously? I love BB10 more than almost everyone I know on these boards, but MS Teams and Slack are in a class by themselves for team-oriented chat. They have collaboration tools, access controls, and integration with other apps and resources that make them invaluable when properly implemented.

Everything from automatic notifications of status changes in sales and support databases to instant voice and video calls with a partner when a chat gets too complicated, not to mention history, e-discovery, and the ability to manage membership across channels so that anyone qualified who may want to help on a project can jump in if appropriate.

I have used almost every chat program since the days of dial-up modems, and I would use Slack or MS Teams over any other collaboration communication tools I've found.

Yeah I'm not sure why BBM went more consumer with Channels and not more enterprise with SLACK "like" tools.

I'm just glad Microsoft hasn't bought them...
    01-20-20 07:43 AM
    Yeah I'm not sure why BBM went more consumer with Channels and not more enterprise with SLACK "like" tools.

The problem was that they saw BBM as a unique differentiator keeping customers on BlackBerry devices until they panicked and went cross platform. Unfortunately, at that point they had no cash to invest in serious development work to expand the functionality and bring it to desktops for Windows, Mac, and Linux, not to mention Apple and Android.

They seemed to just want to sell BBM off at WhatsApp valuations to keep the ship afloat, so they added stickers and went cross platform on mobile only as a consumer messaging service. Awful strategy, but perhaps they had no choice.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 01-20-20 at 08:48 AM.
    01-20-20 08:32 AM
    I noticed in another thread you’re already proficient owner with Android/iOS hardware so there’s your best solution. BB10 can’t do everything but that’s not to say you can’t dual carry
    Talking to yourself again Chuck?

You should know what you have if anyone does!! Lol

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    01-20-20 08:35 AM
    Talking to yourself again Chuck?

You should know what you have if anyone does!! Lol

I forgot to include the post.. LMAO
    01-20-20 09:06 AM
    I forgot to include the post.. LMAO
    Phew, I thought you'd finally gone over the edge!

01-20-20 09:14 AM
    What’s the poor tech decision part?
    Chat protocols of the day are poor tech decisions in my book. Nice time tested, standard, and open protocols are the way to go. Hence why we use IRC and Email at my company. Although if you want to go with something web3.0/Millennial style, there is Matrix since ircv3 is taking forever to roll out.

Please note, I periodically short Slack stock.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-20 11:05 AM
    Chat protocols of the day are poor tech decisions in my book. Nice time tested, standard, and open protocols are the way to go. Hence why we use IRC and Email at my company. Although if you want to go with something web3.0/Millennial style, there is Matrix since ircv3 is taking forever to roll out.

Please note, I periodically short Slack stock.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for explaining.
    01-20-20 11:07 AM

They did have a slack like tool but it was poorly done
    It was BBM Meetings which was done by a third party and short lived as in discontinued
    An offshoot of its BBM messaging app, BBM Meetings offers customers access to HD video and voice conferencing for up to 25 participants for the price of $12.50 a month per host. BlackBerry didn't offer a reason as to why they decided to shut down BBM Meetings in its announcement, but it did offer customers a way to transition to a new plan being offered by Zoom Communications, with a 10% reduction in its fees for the Zoom Pro plan.
    01-20-20 11:23 AM
    @TrumpetTiger Care to take a crack at this one?
    Already on it Elephant!
    @Thinkbusiness: I've tried before to get Teams working with BB10 but I am going to give it another shot. No promises but I'll keep you posted.
    01-20-20 02:51 PM
    Already on it Elephant!
    @Thinkbusiness: I've tried before to get Teams working with BB10 but I am going to give it another shot. No promises but I'll keep you posted.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-20 11:48 PM
    Another new passport user here in 2020. My work involves me to be available on teams as well

Following the conversations here looks like you are trying on a fix here.

Wishing you all the best if that's true and letting you know that you will be making another soul happy

Can donate if that helps.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    01-22-20 09:17 AM
    Another new passport user here in 2020. My work involves me to be available on teams as well

Following the conversations here looks like you are trying on a fix here.

Wishing you all the best if that's true and letting you know that you will be making another soul happy

Can donate if that helps.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    One thing about TT is that it’s done for the love and support of the BB10 OS regardless of anything
    iled likes this.
    01-22-20 07:38 PM
    One thing about TT is that it’s done for the love and support of the BB10 OS regardless of anything
    Awww....thanks for the kind words Chuck. I do indeed do it for the love of BB10, so no need to donate anything abhishek. I can't make any promises but I'm doing what I can, as I also use Teams. There is a VERY unwieldy way of using it via the web right now but I'm working on an app-based solution. We'll see what I can come up with.
    01-23-20 12:11 AM
    Feel like I've stepped into a alternate universe with these warm hearted folks

This device makes you think when you type and an ideal form factor for consuming texts. Brilliant engineering

More power to you, TT. If you don't mind sharing, how is it working on Web for you? I tried but in vain

Posted via CB10
    01-23-20 12:24 PM
44 12