Hello!

A friend of mine is gifting me a Passport, since I love supporting BlackBerry. I'm quite surprised he bought it for me, since I planned to buy it anyway.

However, the most crucial application for me is a remote desktop application. The ones I've seen in the App World do not really impress me at all, and Splashtop is terrible in general. Can anyone let me know if Microsoft's Remote Desktop application can be side loaded, and if it works?

That's the only crucial application I can think of that I use many times a day.

Thanks!

Edit: Can anyone also try Microsoft Xbox Music? I use that every day to work, but it's not super important that it works since I can just sync it to my PC.
    12-07-14 04:03 PM
    It works fine except special characters. I can't seem to be able to type those on my q10

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    enixon likes this.
    12-07-14 04:06 PM
    I don't think that would be a problem for me, I just use it to manage my server. Thank you so much for the post!
    12-07-14 04:07 PM
    Fyi, I have a Passport. I've downloaded Remote Desktop for BlackBerry - RDP and for some I wasn't able to connect. I don't know why since the reviews are excellent. Maybe it'll work for you.

No matter because I was able to download RD Client from Snap and it works fine. You should be good! Working remotely on the Passport Is a dream.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    12-07-14 04:14 PM
    Teamviewer works the best for me... just don't upgrade your OS to the leaked 10.3.1
    12-07-14 04:23 PM
    It works amazingly. I downloaded it from Snap and when it loads, I have my full desktop. I have my entire iTunes library, and can use PC applications. In an ideal world, the keyboard trackpad could be used as the mouse. Hopefully in an OS update.

One issue I've had is connecting remotely from a different Wifi or internet network. It always works on same Wifi. Doesn't always work when on different networks.

W

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:28 PM
    Ditto. I have the native RDP from blackberry world and it is not really playing nice with the leaked version of 10.3.1. I cannot type any Capital letters. Huge problem when you are trying to type in any form of a secure password.

I am hoping that this will be addressed in the future. Besides that RDP will work just fine.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    12-07-14 04:46 PM
    Make sure you have your RDP port forwarded through your router.
    12-07-14 04:47 PM
    Ditto. I have the native RDP from blackberry world and it is not really playing nice with the leaked version of 10.3.1. I cannot type any Capital letters. Huge problem when you are trying to type in any form of a secure password.

I am hoping that this will be addressed in the future. Besides that RDP will work just fine.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    The workaround I have for now is to pull out the on-screen keyboard from Accessibility and press shift there.

Let's hope the developer is successful in updating his app.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:22 PM